History module

    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 3, 2001
      Hello all-

      I have been doing some chasing around, looking at resources for a history
      module. I held great hopes for The Troth online at:
      http://www.thetroth.org/resources/ourtroth/index.html

      It has the early history through the Viking Age in 6 sections, and a seventh
      dealing with 'Rebirth'. While this is the best I have found online so far,
      some of the info is outdated, conjecture is sometimes given as fact, and a
      bit is just silly- IMO.

      Just how detailed do we want to get? It would not be that hard to give an
      overview of, say, 2800 BCE to 1000 CE if it was divorced from most religious
      conjecture and free from cultural and nationalistic chauvinism. Which may
      leave me out of the writing! :)

      One problem with such a history is the difficulty of holding to a view of a
      homogenous Germanic culture/religion without getting more detailed and
      possibly too sidetracked. And this view is the reason for such a history I
      think.

      Just random thoughts- input, anyone?