Re: [Asatru-U] movies and flyer

    Message 1 of 8 , Jul 10, 2001
      On Tue, 10 Jul 2001, Ann Sheffield wrote:

      > I was thinking that the logo itself would be pretty much what's on the
      > Web page, and the dwarf-picture would be more in the nature of
      > cover-art.

      It is dismaying to think that the "logo" that I threw together using an
      apple I happened to have on my disk and HTML table delimiters would end up
      immortalized. I had thought of it more as a placeholder for the *real*
      logo, which was going to be more overtly heraldic and have a key with the
      apple, somehow.

      Speaking of throwing together, was there a volunteer for the "Beginner's
      Course" page whose e-mail to me got lost?

      And once the pink-alfar get the dwarf art done, can someone shoot me a
      nice hi-res digital version? I can sample down for whatever we do with
      it; I'd rather have all the pixels on file. E-mail or let me grab it,
      either way.

      Manny
    • Ann Sheffield
      Message 2 of 8 , Jul 10, 2001
        Manny Olds wrote:

        > It is dismaying to think that the "logo" that I threw together using an
        > apple I happened to have on my disk and HTML table delimiters would end up
        > immortalized. I had thought of it more as a placeholder for the *real*
        > logo, which was going to be more overtly heraldic and have a key with the
        > apple, somehow.

        I'm a non-visual person, so I'm happy to use whatever logo people want.
        (I am, however, a verbal person, so I want the motto in there!)

        > And once the pink-alfar get the dwarf art done, can someone shoot me a
        > nice hi-res digital version? I can sample down for whatever we do with
        > it; I'd rather have all the pixels on file.

        That's where Rob Shaver comes in - I'm sure he will computerize it, and
        I hope be able to put the whole flyer in .pdf format so that we can all
        have a look at it before it goes to press.

        "Pink-alfar"?

        Wassail,

        Groa
        Message 3 of 8 , Jul 10, 2001
          On Tue, 10 Jul 2001, Ann Sheffield wrote:

          > "Pink-alfar"?

          Well, they're not svart-alfar and they're not ljos-alfar; and I thought
          that "gris-alfar" didn't have quite the right ring. How about "Gro-alfar"?

          Manny
        • Kadlin Waltheofsdottir
          Message 4 of 8 , Jul 11, 2001
            Manny Olds wrote:

            > Speaking of throwing together, was there a volunteer for
            > the "Beginner's Course" page whose e-mail to me got lost?

            I thought about responding, but I didn't know what you were asking
            for. As far as I'm concerned, there is a low-graphics page for the
            Beginner's Course: the course itself? Were you thinking of having
            some sort of separate page with a link to the course, or did you want
            the course itself to be in a different format? If the former, my
            vote would be to wait until we have more than one thing to put on the
            Asatru-U site.

            --Kadlin