Re: [Asatru-U] Re: publicity

  • Swain Wodening
    Message 1 of 48 , May 3, 2001
      On 2 May 2001, at 8:25, Ann Sheffield wrote:

      > "Rick A. Riedlinger" wrote:
      >
      > > And I vote for a Saxon or Danish seax on an oblong Suebian shield with an
      > > Anglo-Saxon Thunor's hammer and an inscription in Gothic.
      >
      > How do A-S hammers compare with Norse ones? (Serious question.)
      >
      > Wassail,
      >
      > Groa

      Well, you would need to see one to understand. But basicly, they consist of a T
      type hammer with a rounded nub at the junction of the T. Going up the handle
      are rain drops, and then the end of the handle is wraped around the handle to
      form a loop to run a neckalce through. Several have been found in AS graves.
      And I think Dean Rose has a cast iron one he made. Probably be able to see it
      at Trothmoot.

      Frith!
      Swain
      Carig Hrafnas Mot of the Angelseaxisce Ealdriht
      http://ealdriht.heathengyldas.com/carighrafnas/
      Columbia, Missouri
      Message 48 of 48 , Sep 5, 2001
        >From: "Kadlin Waltheofsdottir" <kadlinw@...>

        >Karl Donaldsson wrote:
        > > >fashion, i.e. "Smoke dope for Satan? Follow this link!")
        > >
        > > Bloody fucking Hel. You people have _no_ sense of humor. ;-)
        >
        >Hey, the line was inspired by a Penn & Teller video . . . The one
        >where it looks like you are playing a recording of a tele-evangelist
        >backward & the backward masking says "Smooooke dope for Satan! I
        >snort the nose, Lucifer!" Still makes me smile to think of it.

        Never saw that one! I _love_ P&T, I suppose they don't actually rent them
        out, do they?

        > > How's this:
        > > ------> Would you know more, or what? <------
        > > Get Asatru education at http://www.asatru-u.org
        >
        >I think it's wonderful! May the rest of us copy you?

        Yes, but only the words. My lack of fashion sense, as both an engineer and
        a Midwesterner, is _not_ to be copied. For your own safety.
        ;-)

        Anyway, glad you like, trying to use the whole theme that you/Groa/Manny/
        whoever came up with, and the correct translation. I left the specific
        translation info and such off because I'm a really sloppy researcher, and I
        look forward to ways in which I can leave some indelible mark as though it
        were my own idea. A veritable literary festering boil, interested in trying
        to keep his .sig as short as it possibly can be. ;-)

        '/\` Frith upon your house
        //\\ Karl Donaldsson
        \\// mekboy@...
        `\/' http://i.am/mekboy