Re: [Asatru-U] Re: Thought on content

  • Swain Wodening
    Message 1 of 52 , Apr 16, 2001
      On 16 Apr 2001, at 22:42, kadlinw@... wrote:

      > On the other hand, if we'd rather keep people on the Asatru-U
      > site, perhaps we should ask permission to post copies of the
      > documents ourselves from the get-go. What do you folks think? What are
      > the advantages and disadvantages?
      >
      > --Kadlin

      Hail Kadlin,

      Well, I think either way folks will be coming back to the site, regadless.
      However, the advantage of having the articles up on our site is if one of the
      articles' sites goes down, will still have it accesiable. I have seen a number of
      good articles disappear from the net in the past few years. Heck, if it weren't for
      backups from AE members browser caches, a good part of Winifred's articles
      may have been lost due to an error in swtiching servers.

      There are disadvantages, the most obvious to me being that folks may revise
      their articles and forget to send us their revision. Too, another disadvantage is if
      we have the articles on site folks won't be going out onto browsing the other
      sites, after reading the required articles. Which to me would be a good wa of
      widening their perception.

      Frith!
      Swain

      Asatru and Heathen Personals and Pen Pals
      http://ealdriht.heathengyldas.com/personals/
      Message 52 of 52 , May 21, 2001
        On Mon, May 21, 2001 at 12:55:25PM -0700, Swain Wodening wrote:

        > > You can use perl *as* a server side include! Mwahaha!
        >
        > Oh I know.... (-' Makes you wonder why the unenlightened ever try to use
        > Java!

        Don't get me started on Java...

        All right, let's get back to topic!