813catch-up .. was: curriculum

  • ngilcach
    Dec 1, 2000
      I am new to the list & reading through the archives. If this matter is redundant, the ignore it.

      Message #126, it was posted [[I am frankly appalled by the idea that we should assume a "ninth grade reading level". Anyone (Asatru or otherwise) who is not reading at at least a high school graduate level should IMO be spending his/her free time working on his/her reading skills. Simply functioning well in our culture requires that much.]]
      ** I have to agree here.

      The daily newspaper of any given city in America is more often than not written on a 8th - 9th grade level. I do not feel justified in contributing to the "dumbing down" of America, let alone Asatru.

      In Service ...
      Yngona
    • Show all 39 messages in this topic