2565Re: [Asatru-U] Thoughts from a lurker

    May 3, 2012
      On Thu, May 3, 2012 at 4:21 PM, Rathwith <rathwith@...> wrote:
      > Hi, I just wanted to say hi, I've been studying Asatru for about 6 months now and I found the Asatru-u site very useful.  The dead links are a problem though, I think you should try to have as much material as possible right there on the website, or providing descriptions of where to find it in case of linkrot.  If you could make the whole revised document available as a Kindle ebook (with whatever profits going to web management), that would be really helpful to a lot of modern Heathens, I think.

      Copyright is a big consideration in this kind of project, both in the
      material we use and in the material we create. We used a lot of links
      to dodge around that as much as possible. I agree that hosting the
      documents themselves would be good, but that doesn't save us from
      content rot.

      > I also wanted to say hi to Manny, I remember you well from the golden age of USENET on rec.arts.sf.*, I think you were my first exposure to modern reconstructionist religion, lo these many years ago.

      I'm so sorry.

      --

      Manny Olds (oldsma@...) of Silver Spring, Maryland, USA
    • Show all 19 messages in this topic