1759Re: [Asatru-U] Re: Teaching gods

  • tsdoughty@aol.com
    Jun 4, 2002
      In a message dated 6/3/02 11:53:25 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
      mekboy@... writes:

      > For example, a man of my proportions is ill-suited to climb a free-hanging
      > rope. I still say it's not impossible, because as I become the Happy
      > Not-Nearly-So-Fat-As-I-Was-Before Guy, the task becomes more approachable.
      > Some fellows of my dimensions might consider the task impossible, without
      > even considering that, with the right training, the task is not only
      > possible, but likely to achieve. I don't how to make people realize the
      > step from possibility to likelihood, but I feel that the Intermediate
      > course
      > should have, for each individual, that specific goal rolling around in the
      > back of one's mind.

      In this instance and for you as a learner, who would be more effective in
      helping you achieve that: someone who has always been trim, in-shape, and
      who can climb the rope with one hand while smoking a cigarette with the
      other, or someone who him/herself once worked through the weight obstacle?
      Would it make a difference?

      Tim