more on asavarna anuloma; from Ravi Chandrasekhara

  • vadhula
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 17, 2007
      Dear All,

      Pranam, I have more to add:

      1.Given the hierarchy within a varna; how many are there or can there
      be due to asavarna anulom?

      It appears almost all jatis (that I am aware of) claim to be pure
      vipras; so what are vipra sucastes like ambashtas (vipra father and
      vaisya mother), etc ?

      In Manu Smriti and Arthashastra the progeny of a vipra male and
      female kshatriya is called a vipra (VIP). (Actually the English
      transl I read use Brahmin as vipra). But Yagnavalka calls it a
      Mudravasika (MV)(I may incorrect on the spelling). Which is correct ?

      Based what I have read in this forum: a MV male would have to marry a
      MV female as the first (or only if monogamous) wife and other wives
      in the asavarna anulom would have to "lower" grades in the vipra
      hierarchy or females from the other 3 varnas.

      A MV female would have to marry a MV male or V male (but she would be
      a secondary wife in the form of asavarna anulom for a V male).

      What would the progeny of a V male and MV female be ? Let us call
      the female issue MV2. If MV2 female marries a V male, what about
      their progeny ?

      Would there be a situation that as many claases of vipras produced
      via asavarna anulom, that their may not be ample spouses for the
      males as savarna anulom ?

      Also this must required good record keeping to keep track of all the
      lineages.

      2.What is the svadharma for example of the hierarchies within the
      vipra varna ?

      3.I will comment on a later post re: Veetahavya, that I mentioned
      earlier.

      Dhanyavaad,
      Ravi Chandrasekhara