About Ishtabhriti....

  • vagabondindia
    Message 1 of 5 , Dec 2, 2006

      In one of the other yahoogroups on Sri Sri Thakurji, I was shocked to find a post suggesting Ishtabhriti can be offered in bed. I promptly responded to that. Same reply is being posted here, so that you all,too, can read:

      Jai Guru,

      Ishtabhriti cannot and must NOT  be done in bed at all. The minimum requirement is that one change the dress in which he or she was sleeping. While doing Ishtabhriti one should not be in contact with absolutely anything on/in which one was sleeping, be it bed, mattress, bedsheets, pillows, dress etc.

      I have seen even senior SPRs offering Ishtabhriti in bed !! This is shocking.

      If one cannot bathe, the minimum requirement is:

      - brush your teeth

      -wash face, feet and hands.

      -change to a fresh dress. ( Ishtabhriti cannot be offered in a dress in which one has slept or consumed any eatables). The ideal thing is to always keep a separate dress for the purpose, even while travelling. One dhoti and one white 'chadar' will suffice for men. One sari/salwar-suit for women will do.

      - If one has gone to toilet, bathing is  compulsory. Minimum: from down the waist.

      The reason behind all this is : While sleeping our consciousness goes to lower levels, and all things in contact with us get affected as well.---- And when we do Ishtabhriti /meditation we move towards higher consciousness. ---Now, if we are in touch with aforementioned things, they will obstruct our movement towards higher consciousness and we will be pulled down.

      Even while travelling (i.e. long journey in a train) the above-mentioned minimum requirements are MUST. If, in worst case, one finds it impossible to change dress in the train, one should not offer Ishtabhriti that day. Just pray from inside and take 'sankalp' to offer it the next day. ( Just as we do when we fall sick or women do during their periods). Then, after reaching the destination, the next morning we shud offer the previous day'/s' ishtabhriti.

      While travelling /staying in a hotel, one shud also carry one small woolen ("kambal") 'asani' to sit while offering Ishtabhriti. No excuse can be given about travelling or staying in hotel. We cannot forget that the most important thing in our life in Sri Sri Thakurji. Other things are secondary. If any business deal /committment or any other appointment /work is deviating us from that path, we must leave that work immediately.

      When we offer ishtabhriti, we must remember that we are going in front of the Supreme Master of all universes. We must know how to present ourselves in front of Him. Properly dressed, hair combed,  proper disciplined body movements, eyes and shoulders down, no scratching of body parts, no talking with others, no chewing-gum type movement of mouth, no attending mobile calls..............and properly focused on HIM alone !! Just like a newly wed bride presents herself to her husband, we should be pleasing to our SADGURU. Our dress, behaviour, mannerisms all should be pleasing to our SOAMI !!

      The dictum is: " What HE does to us is not important. What we do to HIM is the thing which matters."

      ANANT SRI BABA has always told us that hardly anyone knows how to behave with Sri Sri Thakurji. How to sit, how to walk, how to dress, how to speak, how to look....in front of Sri Sri Thakurji are some basic things we must not forget.

      We are dealing with the SUPREME MASTER, not with any dick, tom or Harry that we can afford to be casual in our approach.

      Jai Guru

      vagabondindia

    • Tirthadipa Pradhan
      Message 2 of 5 , Dec 3, 2006

        On Sun, 03 Dec 2006 vagabondindia wrote :

> [...]
        >disciplined body movements, eyes and shoulders down, no scratching of
        >body parts, no talking with others, no chewing-gum type movement of
        >mouth, no attending mobile calls..............and properly focused on
        >HIM alone !! Just like a newly wed bride presents herself to her
        >husband, we should be pleasing to our SADGURU. Our dress, behaviour,
        >mannerisms all should be pleasing to our SOAMI !!
        >
        >The dictum is: " What HE does to us is not important. What we do to HIM
        >is the thing which matters."
        >
        >ANANT SRI BABA has always told us that hardly anyone knows how to behave
        >with Sri Sri Thakurji. How to sit, how to walk, how to dress, how to
        >speak, how to look....in front of Sri Sri Thakurji are some basic things
        >we must not forget.
        >
        >We are dealing with the SUPREME MASTER, not with any dick, tom or Harry
        >that we can afford to be casual in our approach.

        whatever you have said about ishtabhriti is really very nice !I want to ask you a question.During istrabhriti should one look at a photo of Thakurji/Ananta Sree BABA?
        and another question to all the group members!Can anyone tell me about any ashrams of THakurji in Hyderabad? please guide me to find out my masters ashram in Hyderabad!please.
        jai guru

        Tirthadipa

      • vagabondindia
        Message 3 of 5 , Dec 5, 2006
          Obviously ANANT SRI BABA. HE fulfills all the past prophets, from Matsya
          Avatar upto Sri Sri Thakurji.

          When HE is present in flesh and blood, all past ones get fulfilled in
          HIM.

          vagabondindia

          --- In latestprophet@yahoogroups.com, "Tirthadipa Pradhan"
          <tirthadipa@...> wrote:

> [...]
          > >mouth, no attending mobile calls..............and properly focused on
          > >HIM alone !! Just like a newly wed bride presents herself to her
          > >husband, we should be pleasing to our SADGURU. Our dress, behaviour,
          > >mannerisms all should be pleasing to our SOAMI !!
          > >
          > >The dictum is: " What HE does to us is not important. What we do to
          HIM
          > >is the thing which matters."
          > >
          > >ANANT SRI BABA has always told us that hardly anyone knows how to
          behave
          > >with Sri Sri Thakurji. How to sit, how to walk, how to dress, how to
          > >speak, how to look....in front of Sri Sri Thakurji are some basic
          things
          > >we must not forget.
          > >
          > >We are dealing with the SUPREME MASTER, not with any dick, tom or
          Harry
          > >that we can afford to be casual in our approach.

        • kousik chakrabarty
          Message 4 of 5 , Dec 5, 2006
            Does ASB say so?
            Reply with some direct sayings.
            Joyguru

            Kousik Chakrabarty
            Kesington Oval,
            Barbados, West Indies.
            cell +1 246 256 0036
                  +1 246 825 2310

            <tirthadipa@ ...> wrote:

> [...]
            > >HIM alone !! Just like a newly wed bride presents herself to her
            > >husband, we should be pleasing to our SADGURU. Our dress, behaviour,
            > >mannerisms all should be pleasing to our SOAMI !!
            > >
            > >The dictum is: " What HE does to us is not important. What we do to
            HIM
            > >is the thing which matters."
            > >
            > >ANANT SRI BABA has always told us that hardly anyone knows
            how to
            behave
            > >with Sri Sri Thakurji. How to sit, how to walk, how to dress, how to
            > >speak, how to look....in front of Sri Sri Thakurji are some basic
            things
            > >we must not forget.
            > >
            > >We are dealing with the SUPREME MASTER, not with any dick, tom or
            Harry
            > >that we can afford to be casual in our approach.

          • vagabondindia
            Message 5 of 5 , Dec 6, 2006

              Yes. HE gave HIS permission for this many years back. I think around 12-15 years ago. All those who follow ANANT SHRI BABA worship HIM, and our all actions are at HIS Holy Feet.

              I think you are asking this as u have not been in touch since a very long period of time. Much water has flown into the Ganga since then. To us here, this was an ancient question !

              I will try to recollect HIS direct sayings.

              However, ANANT SHRI BABA doesn't want any publicity.

              Dikhsha ( Initiation) was also stopped many years ago. No initiation takes place at present. Those who had to come have come.

              ASB said that Sri Sri Thakurji gave RS and wanted us to do certain things. We did not do that. Moreover, some people who acquired spiritual powers thru RS misused that. Instead of serving the Lord they used it for wrong purposes. This corruption had started from Pabna itself. This created a kind of spiritual corruption due to which other simple people on the right track started getting blockages on their sadhna-path. I remember '80s when ASB used to teach us, collectively, how to promounce and chant RS. Every time it was an awful performance on our part. Very frustrating. At the end, every time, HE used to get up and go away ! !

              Sri Sri Thakurji was a much higher power than RS. He had wanted to give and to accomplish, thru people. many many things. He could not get even a single person.

              ASB has extreme harsh words for many people surrounding Thakurji. ASB has not met even HIS 'father' ( Parampujyapad Kajal Da) more than approx. 3-4 times in last 15 years !! HE has hardly visited Deoghar since 1991 Jan. I am not sure, but I do not think that HE has ever stayed even once ( even for a single day-night) in "Rangan Villa alias Procheta Manzil" in last 15- 16 years !!!!

              Just as Sri Sri Thakurji never became a member of RK Mission to propogate the teachings and mission Sri Sri Ramkrishna Pramhans....... ASB is not connected with the erstwhile "Satsang Organization/s" of Deoghar.

              You can say that, wordly speaking, HE has no connection with the "Sastang- organization" ( any faction/group ) of Deoghar. Its another matter that Satsang is there where HE is !! HE is beyond all divisions and all boundaries.

              Once, in Puri, when ASB was telling me that Vishnu is the "mool" ( root/origin) of dharma, I retorted: " Baba, I think that its you who is the "mool" ( root/origin)of dharma."

              ASB immediately replied: " No. I am beyond dharma and adharma.  ....."

              ASB revealed a Holy Name of much higher plank than RS. Then, HE also directed us to do Gayatri sadhna ( the process, as directed by ASB, is available for those who want to do it) as basic preparations for receiving the higher NAME.

              There are many other things which have happend and are happening.

              ASB has taken full command. All files have gone to HIM.

              " I work with a lightening speed....like Shoeb Akhtar's bowling.... straight clean bowled !" - ANANT SHRI BABA

              Vande Soami

              at HIS Holy Feet

              vagabondindia