from Shri P.V.SUBBAIAH

  • vagabondindia
    Message 1 of 6 , Sep 30, 2006
      Tue, 26 Sep 2006 08:38:24 -0700 (PDT)
      From: P V Subbaiah <patnamvs@...>
      Subject: Re: Ananta Sri Baba-- EXPERIENCES WITH A LIVING GOD
      To: yashendra2@...

      Dear Yashendra da,

      Jaiguru

      My heart leapt with joy on seeing your message to Anukulchandra group. However, I always felt that Anata Sri Baba would reveal Himself in His own way sometime now before embarking upon His divine mission of redeeming the mankind.

      I was restless for sometime to know His whereabouts. I saw Him at Jasidih Railway station along with his blessed sister and parents sometime in 1993. Incidentally I boarded the same compartment from which they alighted. Earlier, I saw Him during the centenary celebrations of Sri Sri Thakur in Sept. 1987. I visited Kajolda last year and the year before also, but could not get His whereabouts.

      You are a blessed person to be closely associated with Him. Can I request you to kindly give further details of Him? I intend to meet him in November or December this year if possible. (My sons are also hankering to have His Darshan.They had to be satisfied with His photos only when they visited Kajolda with me earlier).

      For your information, I am of the age of Kajolda. I took initiation in 1960 when I was a student of Patna University (as a class-mate of Sri Arun Ganguly). I was blessed with a holy stick by Sri Sri Thakur around 1963. I retired after serving in Education dept. at different levels and places.

      Looking forward to your kind reply,
      with best wishes and R.S.

      P.V.SUBBAIAH (Hyderabad).
    • Prasanta Panja
      Message 2 of 6 , Oct 1, 2006
        Joyguru ...(Actually Writing to vagabondindia ,but as name is not clear , unable to address properly)

        I'm also very much curious to know about Anant Sri Baba . I came to know about him from You only after joining
        this group . I also want to know that is he anyway related to SriSri Thakur Anukulchandra or his family .

        Mr.P.V Subbaiah has written that he has asked about whereabouts of Anant Sri Baba from Kajol Da .
        That's why I guess there is some relation which is not known to novice like me .

        Please clarify my doubts .

        Joyguru.
        Prasanta

        From: P V Subbaiah <patnamvs@...>
        To: yashendra2@...

        --
        Prasanta Kr. Panja
        Tata Consultancy Services
        Message 3 of 6 , Oct 2, 2006

          Respected Panja da,

          Jai Guru

          ( The reply to Shri Subbaiah da has gone in private and has not been posted here)

          Yes, on the basis of family relations, ANANT SRI BABA is own grandson of Sri Sri Thakurji. The son of Sri Sri Thakurji's youngest son Parampujyapad Kajal Da ( Dr. P R Chakroborty).

          For more relevant info I am quoting a few pages from the biography of Sri Sri Thakurji, 'Ocean in a Tea-cup',written by Ray Hauserman and published by Bharatiya Vidya Bhavan, Mumbai.

          However, I request you to treat this reference ONLY for the sake of information, and NOT as any testimony or proof or any claim whatsoever. These things are not required now as ANANT SRI BABA is present and the sunrise needs no testimony to prove that there is a sunrise. The truth stands on its OWN testimony.

          So, please read the following excerpts for info only:-

          From "Ocean In a Tea cup" - by Ray Hauserman

          ………..pgs 354 to 360>>>>

          Despite   this   apparent demonstration of indestructi­bility, Thakur,   quietly,   imperceptibly   prepared   for his departure.   More and more   often   he   referred personal, administrative and financial   problems    to    Bor'da.    Step by   step he moved this son who had served so selflessly so long   into the forefront—the preacher organization, the philanthropic  activities,  the arrangements  for   food, new homes—gently,    steadily  he   pushed   Bor'da   into  promi­nence.    Each   succeeding   birthday   of   Bor'da   brought forth exuberant praise,   always   with a   touch of caution that Bor'da demonstrate   the same   compassion and un­derstanding that Thakur had.   This was culminated one afternoon in the late spring of 1968.   When Bor'da came to his father, Thakur said to him, "You sit   here on my ted, and  I'll  go in the back room."    "No,   No, Father! this is your bed and you stay here !' Borda's protest was immediate,    "No, you sit here," Thakur insisted,   "Tui to ami.    (You are I.) I'll   go   in   the   back  room,  I  cannot manage physically any longer."

          Was it wise and perceptive faith, or a humble yet subtle pride that compelled Bor'da to reject Thakur's proposal ? To this day that bed holds a sad picture of Thakur and the rightness or wrongness of Borda's refusal to sit there still argued back and forth.

          Thakur's arrangements for his absence were not how­ever, limited to Bor'da. During this same period, he was quietly advising some people to remain with Kazal and appealing to different workers; "After I've gone, you help Kazala...' Between the frequent trips to Patna to com­plete his research for his Phd. in Plastic Surgery, Kazal would perform major operations in the small hospital built by Bor'da in consultation with Kazal. During these operations Thakur would send a stream of attendants to inquire about the progress and the success or failure of the surgery. The hospital quickly established a reputation of success and Kazal also demonstrated an awareness of Thakur's expansive spirit.

          "How much is the charge ?" The monk from the Ramakrishna Mission High School inquired after Kazal had X-rayed, set and plastered the arm of one of the students, broken in a football game.

          "What charge ?" Kazal queried. "Thakur always says that if things were in proper order, Satsangis could go to the Ramakrishna Mission and feel we were still in Satsang .and you could come to Satsang and feel you are still in the Ramakrishna Mission. So, how can I charge money from members of my own family ?"

          In 1966, Kazal was married to girl that Thakur had himself chosen from many possibilities and to whom a daughter was born a year later. Kazal's constant trips between Patna and Deoghar. performing operations in both places often gave others the opportunity to observe beneath the apparent simple, unpretentious exterior, was a steel-like tenacity and courage. When a poverty-stricken slum dweller couldn't afford an operation in the hospital, he would gather a make-shift staff, wash clown the shack with disinfectant and proceed to perform hernia, appendix and even a gall bladder operation in the bustees in Patna . Whether it was skill, luck or faith that Thakur would save the patient, Kazal established a reputation among the hospital staff and his poverty-stricken clientele of courage, compassion and success.

          On Match 16th, 1967, I became aware first-hand of another of Thakur's innocent yet ultimately so meaning­ful indications of his plans for the future. I had gone to Thakur's room to bid farewell along with Kazal and Chotto Ma before leaving for Patna . Sudhir Choudhury, Janardan Mookerjee, Prafulla Bannerjee and several others were present. It was around 3 : 30 and conversation was going on desultorily.

          Suddenly, Thakur irrelevantly remarked looking at Kazal, "The astrologers say I'll come back as your son."

          "Father, please don't say that," Kazal's hands were folded in appeal ''You always remain my father."

          A few months later and a few days before Kazal would receive his Phd, he along with and old friend were sitting on the verandah of rented house in Rajeadra-nagar, a well-to-do suburb of Patna , where many pro­fessional people lived. "Kazal," the friend observed, ''did you ever stop to think that with all your experience and degrees, you could start a private practice here in Patna and easily earn 100,000 rupees a year and quickly have a nice car, house and if you made only a couple of free operations a week, you would be overwhelmed with praise: `A worthy son of Thakur...' But going back to Deoghar and the ashram, you'll have to face criticism; blame, slander and you'll always be in financial trouble..."

          "I've never given the idea any importance. Do you know why?" Kazal became very serious. "Because Ma used to tell me she prayed to Thakur for me and then, after I came, she prayed to him so she could make a perfect flower   to  put   on the altar of her Lord. I'm not sure just how perfect it is, but I know I can't disappoint her. Even more, Thakur's mission......not just the hospital, or university, but all the people who are searching.....I can't ignore him or them and be happy. So I guess on Wednesday it's back to Deoghar and the slow, stumbling effort to make his dream of a Hospital and Medical College a reality."

          As the winter slowly gave way to spring, Thakur's physical condition deteriorated rapidly. Big fans replaced the heaters in Thakur's room.

          In late March, four of us were sitting with him as he smoked his water pipe. He kept looking at Kazal. Abruptly, he put aside the stem of the pipe and child-like with an almost piteous, helpless appeal asked. "If I come as your son and I don't like to read all these messages I've said, you won't beat me will you?"

          "Father, please don't say this again and again." There were tears in Kazal's eyes. His voice shook with emotion. "You always stay my father."

          By this time similar com­ments had been made before many and varied people. It was to become a further step in what has, in retrospect, proven to be a very careful, perceptive and yet so apparen­tly innocent plan for the near and distant future.

          By the rainy season, 1968, Kazal was back permanen­tly and in charge of Thakur's medical treatment. Bor'da was in almost constant attendance except for the few hours he spent at his home dealing with the problems of administration. Bor'da's eldest son, Asoke, now a lawyer and having spent much of his time organizing and inte­grating the huge Satsang following in Assam was called back to Deoghar by Thakur and requested by his grand­father to take care of him and assist his father, Bor'da, in his increasing responsibilities, Asoke quickly became for his father what Bor'da was to Thakur. So, from July, 1968, besides Bankim-da, Pyari-da, Noni Da, Bishu, and other experienced devotees who had been with Thakur all their lives, now either Bor'da, Kazal or Asoke were in almost constant attendance.

          A few months earlier a 1/2 acre plot of land along the western side of Rohini Road between Thakur Bari and Bor'da's house had been acquired. Thakur shrugged off all suggestions to make either a garden, a guest house or a retreat for himself. It overlooked the Darwa River which might someday flow with the Ganges and six miles in the distance was Digheria Hill behind which the sun set each evening and around which Thakur had awakened dreams of a 30,000 acre University City with an astronomy college and observatory on that hill.

          In October, 1968, Thakur looked out the window of his room, pointed to the oldest building in the yard, the building in which Thakur had first lived on coming to Deoghar and filled with memories and moments of exalta­tion and love.

          "Tear it down."   Thakui's  words were   not   a query or even a request.    For one who   refused   to  pull  out an old, decayed   tooth because "......it   had   given   so much service......'' or sell a twenty year   old   jeep for   the same reason, this   peremptory   command   left   all non-plussed. Thakur would not be denied  and within a week the area was levelled to leave a large open area between Thakur and Boro Ma's room.

          Through the later half or 1968, Thakur would preface each request for some large project with the words, "......whether I live or die......" get  the  university  or hospital. Each such remark would be met by moving   appeals from Bor'da,  Kazal, other   senior   disciples   "......please  don't speak that way, Thakur" with folded hands   and tear-filled eyes, his sons by birth and sons by culture appealed  and prayed.

          It is believed that   personalities   like   Thakur   cannot ignore such   appeals   by   a   devotee.    That made it easy: never allow him to be   without one.    He   made  that even simpler.   For several years he  had   requested myself and others like me to come and live in Thakuc Bari near him. I had put it off. Several times he had  requested  Bor'da to live there.    He perhaps felt the needs of the administration - made it difficult.    He put it off.    Often   he   had requested

          Kazal to sleep with   him   at night.    Perhaps feeling it was the over exuberance  of a loving father.    He   also  delayed doing so.

          All planned to stay with him. But not just then. Later when it really would be necessary. But for the present we would live in the comfortable surroundings we were accustomed to. How innocently, how simply he exposed us all ! We worked for his causes. We prayed for his health. We appealed to all to grow in devotion !

          By now, Thakur could not move without help. Attendants were with him throughout the night. The winter came early in 1968. Heaters were back again. Constantly he would repeat the phrase from Shakespeare : 'There are more things twixt heaven and earth than are dreamt of in your philosophy, Horatio.' and as we'd ponder this he'd add : `But for a nail, a battle was lost….' What were those "thing" ? What was that "nail" ?

          ………………………………… ( <<Pages 354 to 360 only)

          The Bhrigu Samhita, brought by SPR Sushil Chandra Bose ( Sushil da) from Kashmir , mentions about Thakurji- " Laghu putrasya grihe punah..." ( He will come again in the house of His youngest son...)

          However, I will add here that we need no such testimonies to know who ANANT SRI BABA is, because HE is there for all who want HIM. In real sense.

          Vande Purushottamam

          vagabondindia

          --- In latestprophet@yahoogroups.com, "Prasanta Panja" <prasanta.panja@...> wrote:

          > Joyguru ...(Actually Writing to vagabondindia ,but as name is not clear ,
          > unable to address properly)
          >
          > I'm also very much curious to know about Anant Sri Baba . I came to know
          > about him from You only after joining
          > this group . I also want to know that is he anyway related to SriSri Thakur
          > Anukulchandra or his family .
          >
          > Mr.P.V Subbaiah has written that he has asked about whereabouts of Anant Sri
          > Baba from Kajol Da .
          > That's why I guess there is some relation which is not known to novice like
          > me .
          >
          > Please clarify my doubts .
          >
          > Joyguru.
          > Prasanta
          > On 9/30/06, vagabondindia vagabondindia@... wrote:
          > >
          > > Tue, 26 Sep 2006 08:38:24 -0700 (PDT)
          > > From: P V Subbaiah patnamvs@...
          > > Subject: Re: Ananta Sri Baba-- EXPERIENCES WITH A LIVING GOD
          > > To: yashendra2@...
          > >
          > > Dear Yashendra da,
          > >
          > > Jaiguru
          > >
          > > My heart leapt with joy on seeing your message to Anukulchandra group.
          > > However, I always felt that Anata Sri Baba would reveal Himself in His own
          > > way sometime now before embarking upon His divine mission of redeeming the
          > > mankind.
          > >
          > > I was restless for sometime to know His whereabouts. I saw Him at Jasidih
          > > Railway station along with his blessed sister and parents sometime in 1993.
          > > Incidentally I boarded the same compartment from which they alighted.
          > > Earlier, I saw Him during the centenary celebrations of Sri Sri Thakur in
          > > Sept. 1987. I visited Kajolda last year and the year before also, but could
          > > not get His whereabouts.
          > >
          > > You are a blessed person to be closely associated with Him. Can I request
          > > you to kindly give further details of Him? I intend to meet him in November
          > > or December this year if possible. (My sons are also hankering to have His
          > > Darshan.They had to be satisfied with His photos only when they visited
          > > Kajolda with me earlier).
          > >
          > > For your information, I am of the age of Kajolda. I took initiation in
          > > 1960 when I was a student of Patna University (as a class-mate of Sri Arun
          > > Ganguly). I was blessed with a holy stick by Sri Sri Thakur around 1963. I
          > > retired after serving in Education dept. at different levels and places.
          > >
          > > Looking forward to your kind reply,
          > > with best wishes and R.S.
          > >
          > > P.V.SUBBAIAH (Hyderabad).
          > >

          > --
          > Prasanta Kr. Panja
          > Tata Consultancy Services
          > Mobile no.->9433291748
          > Home Phone-> 91-342-2647463

        • kousik chakrabarty
          Message 4 of 6 , Oct 2, 2006
            Dear Vagabondindia and Yashendra dada,

            Have you read "Maner Katha" by Sri Kajalda? In the very starting of the book one illustration is there.  I recall the photograph because once "ASB" told me at Deoghar and later at Bagmari Ashram at Calcutta that the very creation of the universe and the meaning of RS can be found from that photo and discussed a lot.
            Since the last two years I am out from India. I don't have that book in front of me.
            If you can collect that one and then publish the scanned copy in the group, we can initiate a new course of discussion.

            The book was having Blue cover. I am sure you can recall.

            RS to you and for all who wants

[...]
            From "Ocean In a Tea cup" - by Ray Hauserman
> [...]

            > > Earlier, I saw Him during the centenary celebrations of Sri Sri Thakur in
            > > Sept. 1987. I visited Kajolda last year and the year before also, but could
            > > not get His whereabouts.
            > >
            > > You are a blessed person to be closely associated with Him. Can I request
            > > you to kindly give further details of Him? I intend to meet him in November
            > > or December this year if possible. (My sons are also hankering to have His
            > > Darshan.They had to be satisfied with His photos only when they visited
            > > Kajolda with me earlier).
            > >
            > > For your information, I am of the age of Kajolda. I took initiation in
            > > 1960 when I was a student of Patna University (as a class-mate of Sri Arun
            > > Ganguly). I was blessed with a holy stick by Sri Sri Thakur around 1963. I
            > > retired after serving in Education dept. at different levels and places.

            Kousik Chakrabarty
            L&T ECC
            Kesington Oval Stadium,
            Barbados, West Indies.
            cell +1 246 256 0036
                  +1 246 825 2310

          • kousik chakrabarty
            Message 5 of 6 , Oct 2, 2006
              Joy guru and RS to you all.
              Can anyone tell the whereabouts of Sri Golok Behari Ghoshal and Sri Pulok Ghoshal of Barshul, dt.Bardhaman, Stn Shaktigar.
              They have done their college studies from 302,Bagmari Road Ashram, Kolkata.
              They are also having some direct mystical discourses with "ASB".
              Vande Purushottamam

              Kousik Chakrabarty
              L&T ECC
              Kesington Oval Stadium,
              Barbados, West Indies.
              cell +1 246 256 0036
                    +1 246 825 2310

            • Narayan Majumdar
              Message 6 of 6 , Oct 5, 2006
                Dear Istopran Kausik Chakraborty dada/bhai:(through Rai Yashendra Prasad
                bhai)
                JAI GURU!

                Glad to get some important information through this e-mail correspondences.

                Please continue to send me; Later on I will try to join you.

                With best wishes and love & regards,

                Very Sincerely Yours,

                Narayan Majumdar
                Chairman, PHILANTHROPIC SATSANG INT'L, INC.
                416,Ridge Road, Dayton, N.J.08810. (Tel/Fax#:732-329-1039);
                (e-mail:narayan_majumdar@...;nxmajumdar@...).