Arctic Home of The Vedas

  • Yashendra Prasad
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 2, 2006

      I read an article about the origins of Aryans at the North Pole and sent a letter to the contributor. The link to the article and my letter are pasted below. I think it might interest all of u.

      Arctic Home Of The Vedas Revisited
      http://www.vnn.org/editorials/ET0201/ET31-7130.html

      My letter-

      Dear Sir,

      I read the article. What I feel that the 'mountain at Meru' ( Meru-parvat) should not be confused with a physical mountain.

      Mt. Meru, as described in Mahabharata & other scriptures, denotes
      the top of the Meru, the spine of the earth. See, like the Meru-dand (spine) of the humans, the earth's central axis is called Meru ( the axis joining North & South Poles). Its top is referred to as Meru-Parvat - Mount Meru. The Arctic is a depression and the Antarctic is a protruding. This is similar to the Sahasrar Chakra ( depression) and Muladhar Chakra ( protruding) of the Meru danda of a human. This meru-danda structure is common in all things of earth, from micro-cosm to macrocosm.

      The top ( mount) of Meru housed to most evolved humans at the beginning of the creation. Those ancestors were so evolved that they are referred to as Devtas. The devtas have highly evolved perceptive and other faculties. The ancient arctic area had eternal spring like climate...and it housed the devtas who were the original Aryans.

      The other races originated at other places on earth. I suspect that the Asuras originated towards Antarctica ( south) as even in the Kundalini dynamics, the Satvic forces are from Sahasrar and the baser ( Tamasik) forces are centered at the Muladhar. As we proceed from Muladhar to Sahasrar, the consciousness gets awakened....with its climax being at the Sahasrar...or the top of the Meru-dand (Spine).

      Similar thing seems to have happened on the earth.

      Thus, one should not try to find any mountain in the Arctic Area, because the North Pole,in itself, is the Mount Meru !!

      Thanks & rgds,
      Yashendra