Vedic Seminar

  • vagabondindia
    Message 1 of 11 , Jun 4, 2006
      Dear Friends and members of WAVES
      ( WIDER ASSOCIATION FOR VEDIC STUDIES )

      Namaste

      We are happy to announce about 10th India Conference of WAVES. It
      will be in association with Delhi University from 15 to 17 Dec.
      2006. Its first announcement is attached for your kind information
      & active participation.

      Yours,
      Shashi Tiwari,
      Secy, WAVES, India

      First Announcement
      WAVES, India
      WIDER ASSOCIATION FOR VEDIC STUDIES, Regd.
      (Formerly `World Association for Vedic Studies, India Branch)

      in association with
      The Department of Sanskrit, University of Delhi

      announces its
      TENTH INDIA CONFERENCE

      on the theme
      " Cultural Consciousness in Ancient Indian Society"

      to be held
      from 15th Dec.( Friday) to 17th Dec.( Sunday), 2006

      at the
      Conference Hall, University of Delhi, South Campus, New Delhi

      The conference aims at bringing together scholars and researchers
      of diverse disciplines to discuss the ancient thoughts and cultural
      values related to Indian society, and to create/enhance the cultural
      awareness in the present times.

      Scholars are invited to participate and send abstracts of their
      papers latest by 15th Sep., 2006.

      Conference Coordinator:
      Dr. Shashi Tiwari
      Secretary, WAVES, India &
      Faculty, Maitreyi College, South Campus, Delhi University
      Email- Shashit_98@...

      You may also contact:

      Dr. S. Kalyanraman
      President, WAVES, India
      Email- Kalyan97@...

      Prof. Devendra Mishra
      In-charge, Sanskrit Department
      South Campus, Delhi University
    • Narayan Majumdar
      Message 2 of 11 , Jun 9, 2006
        Dear President and Secretary, WAVES, India:

        Thank you for invitimg me to paricipate and submit abstracts of our papers for the ensuing seminar.

        For your information: I actively participated in 2000 WAVES conference held at Hoboken, N. J. USA at the Stephens Insttute of Technology; my paper was accepted by Dr. Bhudev Sharma, President, "WAVES". May I send one or two abstracts, later on for your consideration. If you like it, I may send the whole article, "Social degradation in Human life....." and "Significance of Worship in Human life"-- -Subject of which appears to be belonging to HUMAN SCIENCE (spiritual life fulfilling material life).

        With best wishes and love & regards,

        Very Sincerely Yours,

        Narayan Majumdar
        Chairman, PHILANTHROPIC SATSANG INT'L, INC.
        416,Ridge Road, Dayton, N.J.08810. (Tel/Fax#:732-329-1039);
        (e-mail:narayan_majumdar@...;narayan33@...,nxmajumdar@...).

      • vagabondindia
        Message 3 of 11 , Jun 13, 2006
          Dear Majumdar da,

          That was not a personal invitation to u. Ihad posted this for
          informing group members. Yashendra da had received this invitation
          from WAVES. He fwded it to me and I posted.

          The e-mail id of the organizers is mentioned therein. Please
          contact them directly.
          Jai Guru
          Yashendra

          --- In latestprophet@yahoogroups.com, "Narayan Majumdar"
          <narayan_majumdar@...> wrote:

> [...]
          cultural
          > >awareness in the present times.
          > >
          > >Scholars are invited to participate and send abstracts of their
          > >papers latest by 15th Sep., 2006.
          > >
          > >Conference Coordinator:
          > >Dr. Shashi Tiwari
          > >Secretary, WAVES, India &
          > >Faculty, Maitreyi College, South Campus, Delhi University
          > >Email- Shashit_98@...
          > >
          > >You may also contact:
          > >
          > >Dr. S. Kalyanraman
          > >President, WAVES, India
          > >Email- Kalyan97@...
          > >
          > >Prof. Devendra Mishra
          > >In-charge, Sanskrit Department
          > >South Campus, Delhi University
          > >

          > >Request-
          > >Pls give ur response to the above post. Ur posts, queries, and
          comments
          > >will inspire all of us. Active participation is solicited. Jai

        • Narayan Majumdar
          Message 4 of 11 , Jun 15, 2006
            JAI GURU!

            Dear Yashendra bhai:

            It is a pleasure to get back the old contacts over e-mail.
            Please keep in touch,so that jointly we may accomplish some nobolework to
            fulfill S.S. THAKUR'S
            DIVINE MISSION to propagate HIS Divine Messsages to mankind at large alll
            over the world.
            Will you please give me your details in your next mail.

            (e-mail:narayan_majumdar@...;nxmajumdar@...).

> [...]
            > > >Secretary, WAVES, India &
            > > >Faculty, Maitreyi College, South Campus, Delhi University
            > > >Email- Shashit_98@...
            > > >
            > > >You may also contact:
            > > >
            > > >Dr. S. Kalyanraman
            > > >President, WAVES, India
            > > >Email- Kalyan97@...
            > > >
            > > >Prof. Devendra Mishra
            > > >In-charge, Sanskrit Department
            > > >South Campus, Delhi University
            > > >

            > > >Request-
            > > >Pls give ur response to the above post. Ur posts, queries, and
            >comments
            > > >will inspire all of us. Active participation is solicited. Jai
            >Guru !
            > > >Moderator, Latestprophet yahoogroup
            > > >Yahoo! Groups Links

            >Request-
            >Pls give ur response to the above post. Ur posts, queries, and comments
            >will inspire all of us. Active participation is solicited. Jai Guru !

          • Yashendra Prasad
            Message 5 of 11 , Jun 17, 2006
              Jai Guru,

              It will be my pleasure if I can be of any use to u.
              I live in Mumbai, and by profession I make documentaries and
              TV programs. My personal id is: yashendra108@...

              Thanks
              Yours,in HIM,

              <narayan_majumdar@...> wrote:

              > JAI GURU!
              >
              > Dear Yashendra bhai:
              >
              > It is a pleasure to get back the old contacts over e-mail.
              > Please keep in touch,so that jointly we may accomplish some
              nobolework to
              > fulfill S.S. THAKUR'S
              > DIVINE MISSION to propagate HIS Divine Messsages to mankind at
              large alll
              > over the world.
              > Will you please give me your details in your next mail.
              >

              > With best wishes and love & regards,
              >
              > Very Sincerely Yours,
              >
              > Narayan Majumdar
              > Chairman, PHILANTHROPIC SATSANG INT'L, INC.
              > 416,Ridge Road, Dayton, N.J.08810. (Tel/Fax#:732-329-1039);
              > (e-mail:narayan_majumdar@...;nxmajumdar@...).
              >

              > >From: "vagabondindia" <vagabondindia@...>
              > >To: latestprophet@yahoogroups.com
              > >Subject: [Latestprophet] Re: RE:WAVES: Articles for Vedic Seminar
              > >Date: Tue, 13 Jun 2006 08:42:55 -0000
              > >
              > >Dear Majumdar da,
              > >
              > >That was not a personal invitation to u. Ihad posted this for
              > >informing group members. Yashendra da had received this invitation
              > >from WAVES. He fwded it to me and I posted.
              > >
              > >The e-mail id of the organizers is mentioned therein. Please
              > >contact them directly.
              > >Jai Guru
              > >Yashendra
              > >
              > >--- In latestprophet@yahoogroups.com, "Narayan Majumdar"
              > ><narayan_majumdar@> wrote:
              > > >
              > > > Dear President and Secretary, WAVES, India:
              > > >

              > > > Thank you for invitimg me to paricipate and submit abstracts of
              > >our papers for the ensuing seminar.
              > > >
              > > > For your information: I actively participated in 2000 WAVES
              > >conference held at Hoboken, N. J. USA at the Stephens Insttute of
              > >Technology; my paper was accepted by Dr. Bhudev Sharma,
              > >President, "WAVES". May I send one or two abstracts, later on for
              > >your consideration. If you like it, I may send the whole
              > >article, "Social degradation in Human life....." and "Significance
              > >of Worship in Human life"-- -Subject of which appears to be
              > >belonging to HUMAN SCIENCE (spiritual life fulfilling material
              life).

              > > > With best wishes and love & regards,
              > > >
              > > > Very Sincerely Yours,
              > > >
              > > > Narayan Majumdar
              > > > Chairman, PHILANTHROPIC SATSANG INT'L, INC.
              > > > 416,Ridge Road, Dayton, N.J.08810. (Tel/Fax#:732-329-1039);
              > > > (e-mail:narayan_majumdar@;narayan33@,nxmajumdar@).

              WAVES. It
              Dec.

              > >cultural
              > >cultural

              > >comments
              > >Guru !

              > >Request-
              > >Pls give ur response to the above post. Ur posts, queries, and
              comments
              > >will inspire all of us. Active participation is solicited. Jai
              Guru !
              > >Moderator, Latestprophet yahoogroup
              > >Yahoo! Groups Links

            • ASHOK KUMAR MUKHERJEE
              Message 6 of 11 , Jun 23, 2006

                  dearall
                please throw light on the following
                one of our beloved freinds who is a follower of sri sr thakur has asked the following
                we all offer istobriti everyday where along with prayers we offer some money to God and at the end of month we send it to satsang
                suppose someone who is not able to offer money if he is unemployed or too small to earn what he will do then

              • Yashendra
                Message 7 of 11 , Jun 24, 2006

                  Dear Ashok da,
                  Jai Guru

                  When we take initiation we take a vow that Ishtabhriti
                  becomes the first & foremost work or 'yagya' of our lives.
                  It comes even before our survival. Thus, everyday, after
                  daily ablutions and changing into fresh clothes we first
                  offer Ishtabhriti to the Sadguru who is the first & foremost
                  person or thing in our lives.

                  We can't miss Ishtabhriti as long as we are living.

                  Now, the amount. An amount should be fixed up by the
                  individual himself. It should be the maximum he can afford every day.
                  The amount cannot change ( if it is increased, then the increased amount will become the constant one).

                  If the person has no money he should collect alms from other people by saying that he has to make the offering to his Sadguru. This will help controlling of the ego and surrendering of the self at the Lotus feet of the Sadguru Sri Sri Thakurji.

                  Only a dead person cannot offered to do Ishtabhriti.

                  regards,
                  Yashendra

                • Narayan Majumdar
                  Message 8 of 11 , Jun 24, 2006
                    Jai Guru!

                    Dear Yashendra Bhai:

                    I am glad to know that you are so actively trying to fulfill Doyal Thakur's
                    Divine Mission; also your profession as a Documentary film maker can be very
                    helpfull in this effort, as I think; can we exchange our ideas about how to
                    produce another documentary on S.S. THAKUR'S DIVINE LIFE ?

                    We are going to Kolkata on 7-18-06 being invited by one Drama festival
                    Committee, "GANA-KRISTI" to participate in one drama, "RON" (written and
                    directd by Sudipto Bhawmik, in which my wife, Lilabati Majumdar will act in
                    one of the important roles) to be staged at RABINDRA SADAN, a famous
                    stage/hall on Jjuly 25th,2006; we shall be there upto August 22, 2006; by
                    chance if you have any possibility to come to Calcutta within that period of
                    time, we shall be very happy to discuss about the possibility of your
                    producing any film on contemporary dramas/stories which could be help full
                    for mankind to understand PURUSOTTAM Sree Sree Thakur's Divine Messages
                    actvely reflected in His Divine Life. Please excuse me for any mistakes made
                    by me; since our ambition and goal in life appears to be same, we may work
                    together.

                  • Yashendra Prasad
                    Message 9 of 11 , Jun 24, 2006
                      Dear Narayan da,

                      Jai Guru
                      Nice to get ur mail & ur interest in a film on Sri Sri Thakurji.
                      Actually, I have planned a complete film on Sri Sri Thakurji,
                      starting His days in Pabna, upto Deoghar. I have also procured a
                      copy of the film by Hauserman da which recorded Sri Sri Thakurji
                      live and all the shifting from Pabna to Deoghar. Live moments of
                      Sri Sri Thakurji are there.

                      Further, as I have strong contacts in the Film & TV Industry,
                      and myself being a director, we can easily ( & at low cost) make a
                      TV serial on Him & His ideology. Telecast on TV channels will be at
                      nominal rate. The programs can be dubbed in any language for a world-
                      wide audience. CDs can be distributed as well.

                      I have also floated a charitable trust ( Aryakrishti Vedic Sadhna
                      Vihar) for all such works.

                      The only problem I face is of lack of active co-operation. As I get
                      caught in my bread & butter earning works, with extremely hectic
                      life in Mumbai, it becomes difficult to execute the works.
                      Everything ends-up becoming a one-man mission.

                      I am happy to know about your wife's forthcoming play In Kolkata.
                      I have watched many plays in that hall. However, I doubt whether I
                      can visit Kolkata during this period, as I am caught in a busy
                      shooting schedule. My best wishes to her for the play.

                      See, as far as the production work of documentary/ TV serial
                      is concerned, we dont have to worry as I have all the infrastructure
                      and the xpertise. What we have to do is the prepare the plan, do the
                      research and basic script, and pool in the money. We can provide
                      advertising space also if anyone can sponsor. With such a vast
                      network
                      of Gurubhais this shud not be a problem.

                      I will be more than delighted if anyone can help me or I can be of
                      any
                      use to anyone towards serving the Lord, in any way.

                      As far as contemporary drama/stories are concerned, I have already
                      got a project from a TV channel to make one-hour film every week.
                      The theme is that whenever we call from the core of our hearts, the
                      Lord does answer and help us. All the stories will depict this and
                      the series is tentatively titile- 'Sambhavami Yuge Yuge". Production
                      should start from mid or end of July.

                      Still, we make separate productions also which will focus only
                      on Sri Sri Thakurji.

                      with regards,

                      <narayan_majumdar@...> wrote:

                      > Jai Guru!
                      >
                      > Dear Yashendra Bhai:
                      >
                      > I am glad to know that you are so actively trying to fulfill Doyal
                      Thakur's
                      > Divine Mission; also your profession as a Documentary film maker
                      can be very
                      > helpfull in this effort, as I think; can we exchange our ideas
                      about how to
                      > produce another documentary on S.S. THAKUR'S DIVINE LIFE ?
                      >
                      > We are going to Kolkata on 7-18-06 being invited by one Drama
                      festival
                      > Committee, "GANA-KRISTI" to participate in one drama, "RON"
                      (written and
                      > directd by Sudipto Bhawmik, in which my wife, Lilabati Majumdar
                      will act in
                      > one of the important roles) to be staged at RABINDRA SADAN, a
                      famous
                      > stage/hall on Jjuly 25th,2006; we shall be there upto August 22,
                      2006; by
                      > chance if you have any possibility to come to Calcutta within that
                      period of
                      > time, we shall be very happy to discuss about the possibility of
                      your
                      > producing any film on contemporary dramas/stories which could be
                      help full
                      > for mankind to understand PURUSOTTAM Sree Sree Thakur's Divine
                      Messages
                      > actvely reflected in His Divine Life. Please excuse me for any
                      mistakes made
                      > by me; since our ambition and goal in life appears to be same, we
                      may work
                      > together.
                      >
                      > With best wishes and love & regards,
                      >
                      > Very Sincerely Yours,
                      >
                      > Narayan Majumdar
                      > Chairman, PHILANTHROPIC SATSANG INT'L, INC.
                      > 416,Ridge Road, Dayton, N.J.08810. (Tel/Fax#:732-329-1039);
                      > (e-mail:narayan_majumdar@...;nxmajumdar@...).
                    • Ambupad Thakur
                      Message 10 of 11 , Jun 25, 2006
                        Yashendra Bhai

                        Jai Guru

                        Would it be possible to make CDs/DVDs of the film on Sri Sri Thakur made by Hauserman da? I would like to immediately order for a copy of that if it can be done. It would be a great asset for all Satsangees.

                        Ambupad Thakur

                        <narayan_majumdar@ ...> wrote:

                        > Jai Guru!
                        >
                        > Dear Yashendra Bhai:
                        >
                        > I am glad to know that you are so actively trying to fulfill Doyal
                        Thakur's
                        > Divine Mission; also your profession as a Documentary film maker
                        can be very
                        > helpfull in this effort, as I think; can we exchange our ideas
                        about how to
                        > produce another documentary on S.S. THAKUR'S DIVINE LIFE ?
                        >
                        > We are going to Kolkata on 7-18-06 being invited by one Drama
                        festival
                        > Committee, "GANA-KRISTI" to participate in one drama, "RON"
                        (written and
                        > directd by Sudipto Bhawmik, in which my wife, Lilabati Majumdar
                        will act in
                        > one of the important roles) to be staged at RABINDRA SADAN, a
                        famous
                        > stage/hall on Jjuly 25th,2006; we shall be there upto August 22,
                        2006; by
                        > chance if you have any possibility to come to Calcutta within that
                        period of
                        > time, we shall be very happy to discuss about the possibility of
                        your
                        > producing any film on contemporary dramas/stories which could be
                        help full
                        > for mankind to understand PURUSOTTAM Sree Sree Thakur's Divine
                        Messages
                        > actvely reflected in His Divine Life. Please excuse me for any
                        mistakes made
                        > by me; since our ambition and goal in life appears to be same, we
                        may work
                        > together.
                        >
                        > With best wishes and love & regards,
                        >
                        > Very Sincerely Yours,
                        >
                        > Narayan Majumdar
                        > Chairman, PHILANTHROPIC SATSANG INT'L, INC.
                        > 416,Ridge Road, Dayton, N.J.08810. (Tel/Fax#:732- 329-1039) ;
                        > (e-mail:narayan_ majumdar@ ...;nxmajumdar@ ...).

                      • Sameer Raje
                        Message 11 of 11 , Jun 27, 2006
                          Jai Guru
                          Dear Yashendrada

                          I am Sameer Raje. Staying in Thane.
                          I am working with TCS, Presently in South Africa but coming back in August
                          I read your mail about shortage of manpower in making a film on Shri Shri Thakur.
                          Please let me know if I can be of any help to you.
                          Making a proper film over shri shri Thakur is the best means of spreading his ideology for the betterment of mankind.
                          there are lot of people who do not know the meaning and importance of Sadguru in this materialistic life. A film over Shri shri Thakur can be an eye opener for those so-called intelligents.

                          Thanks and Regards
                          Sameer Raje