Proper guidance in 'sadhana'

  • vagabondindia
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 4, 2013
      What is the importance of a proper guidance in the path of 'sadhana'?

      Question: What happens if someone proceeds on the path of sadhana (spiritual exertion towards an intended goal) without a proper guidance?

      SRI SRI THAKUR JI: "That can have adverse effects. Many a times, the mind becomes distorted. The complexes starts rising. As a result of this, man becomes vagabond, lustful, greedy and of so many kinds. In the presence of a Guru (spiritual teacher), automatically they become adjusted. Love for a superman or a Divine Man protects from the clutches of the complexes. There takes place a meaningful and balanced adjustment. So 'Moksha' in my views is to surrender, to become free from my complexes. And surrender should be to the Lord. The other name for this is Super-render."

      [Ref. Diprakshi Vol. 5]