father of atomic bomb on Bhagwad Gita

  • Sudhir-Architect
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 11, 2011
      Robert Oppenheimer is considered to be father of atomic bomb. He was born in a wealthy Jewish family, but had little Jewish upbringing. He was highly intelligent, and had mastered 7 languages in addition to English. He studied Sanskrit at Berkeley Univ. and thereafter he studied Bhagwad Gita in original Sanskrit. Bhagwad Gita became part of his life and he will live like Arjuna or Yudhisthra and will often quote Gita to justify his actions.
      He wrote to his brother Frank that Gita is very easy and has profound knowledge. When Roosevelt died in 1945, he quoted from Gita. When first atomic test was done in July 1945, he quoted from Gita. Although he was very reluctant to give his okay to bomb Hiroshima and Nagasaki, he justified his action by citing Gita that, as a scientist, his duty is to do his research work, and leave upto politicians to decide what to do with atomic weapons. Later he criticised bombing of Nagasaki and Hiroshima saying that bombing was not necessary because Japan was already defeated.

      Thanks & Regards,

      Sudhir Srinivasan
      B.Arch, MSc.CPM, Dip.ID, Dip.CAD, Dip.PM
      | Architect |
    • samer chaterji
      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 20, 2011
        Thank you, Sudhir, for these details.  I have always admired Oppenheimer since I learnt of him.  I have always condemned the American Nuclear Genocide in Nagasaki and Hiroshima, without knowing the views of Oppenheimer.  I feel vindicated based on your comments below.  Thanks again for bringing this up, and telling us about the crimes of America, a Veteran of prolific Human Rights propaganda who is often engaged in Genocidal Wars.