An anti-national 'Minority Report'

  • vagabondindia
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 4, 2009
      A minority report that alienates the majority
      by- Maloy Krishna Dhar

      ( Mr. Dhar started life off as a junior reporter for Amrita Bazaar
      Patrika in Calcutta and a part-time lecturer. He joined the Indian
      Police Service in 1964 and was permanently seconded to the
      Intelligence Bureau.During his long stint in the Bureau, Dhar saw
      action in almost all Northeastern states, Sikkim, Punjab and
      Kashmir. He also handled delicate internal political and several
      counterintelligence assignments. After retiring in 1996 as joint
      director, he took to freelance journalism and writing books. Titles
      credited to him are Open Secrets-India's Intelligence Unveiled,
      Fulcrum of Evil — ISI, CIA, al-Qaeda Nexus, and Mission to Pakistan.
      Maloy is considered a top security analyst and a social scientist
      who tries to portray Indian society through his writings.)

      Recently, a `right reactionary Hindu' Patriot's Forum filed a PIL in
      the Delhi High Court challenging the validity and legality of the
      Sachar Commission Report, which has recommended a plethora of
      concessions to the `minority' Muslim community.

      Though the Constitution and the legal system of the country are
      silent about the definition of `minority,' successive governments in
      Independent India continued to use the `Two-Nation' term to define
      the numerically lesser Muslims as `minorities.' Religion has been
      the yardstick of majorityism and minorityism, as it was during the
      British Raj.

      And of course, the common Indian has been kicked around in the name
      of secularism, and hounded by frightening apparitions of
      minorityism, shameless vote-bank solicitation. And the reaction to
      this by the so-called rightist, reactionary and communal non-secular
      people described as Hindus. Such reactions are repetition of the bad
      dreams India experienced between 1876 till Partition.

      The Sachar Commission Report has revived that bad dream of `Two
      Nations.' The much-publicised and criticised report has raised basic
      questions by statisticians and open-minded historians.

      The derogatory manner in which the `secular leaders' and some media
      persons refer to Hindus gives one a creeping feeling that it was
      perhaps better not be born in India. That it would have been a
      heavenly bliss if Hindu parents had brought up their progeny on the
      sands of Arabia. In that case no one would have dared to put the
      stamp of communalism on them. They would have been born secular.

      But birth is accidental, and one has to live with accidents.

      The numerically lesser number of people professing Islam lived and
      ruled in India for nearly a thousand years. But they could not bring
      down the entire population of Central Asia and Persia to rule India,
      nor could they convert every indigenous Indian. However, they did
      not feel the `minority' pinch.

      But the moment the Mughal Empire was demolished and the democracy-
      practicing British came in, Muslims started crying foul of `possible
      majority Hindu domination.' Jettisoning Indianism, they took refuge
      under the cocoon of `minorityism.' They collaborated with the
      British for `minority-majority equalism,' and they are now being
      pampered by the Congress+Left+Casteist seculars as an `endangered
      community.'

      The first communal award conceded by the Minto-Morley Reform in 1909
      was sanctified by the Congress-Muslim League agreement in 1916,
      better known as the `Lucknow Pact' which gave reservation with
      weightage to the Muslims.

      Read all Maloy Krishna Dhar columns here

      The entire historical context of reservation for the endangered
      Muslim `minority' had ended with the Partition. Muslims, who
      preferred to stay in Bharat, are Bhartiya Muslims enjoying equal
      rights with other Indians. Muslims who wanted to follow Jinnah had
      gone over to Pakistan. Those Muslims who had not joined the Jinnah
      bandwagon were not minorities - they were Indians or at best Indians
      professing Islam. Religion should no more determine our nationality.

      There were other Indians professing Christianity, Sikhism, Jainism
      and of course the much hated right reactionary Hindus. What prompted
      the Congress leaders and allies to stamp certain people belonging to
      certain religious faiths as `minorities?' Could not all Indians be
      treated as `Indians?' What was the need for branding Hindus as the
      majority? Could they not take up the entire socio-economic
      backwardness issue of the people as a whole and not merely single
      out the presumed minorities? Is there any evidence to prove that
      the `minorities' were prevented by the majorities from attending
      higher education, taking up vocations and marching along with the
      rest of the country?

      `Abstainism' was the policy of the Muslims during British days,
      which continues to this day. This is a mass psychological process
      instilled by the ulemas and separatist politicians. The `majority'
      cannot be blamed for this. Can quotas alone end this psychology
      of `abstainism?'

      However, the United Progressive Alliance drummed up a Commission to
      divide the country again on communal lines by providing reservation
      to the Muslims. Do they want to push India back to 1909 and drag the
      Indians through the process of another Lucknow Pact and another
      Partition? This is nothing but the repeated rape of Indian history
      by vote hungry political parties.

      Also read: The Secular Road to Hell

      A globalised India, the `reservation' protagonists feel, cannot
      progress unless it is pushed back over 100 years in history to start
      again the great communal wars leading to another Partition. It is
      suffocating to live with doctored, sponsored and inspired commission
      reports which start from the conclusion and try to fit the data to
      justify the conclusion already reached by Quota Ministers and
      Secular Quixotes.

      A close study of the Sachar Report would bring out the incongruities
      which tilt heavily in favour of a particular community. It is every
      bit as scandalising as the 1909 Reforms and the so-called Lucknow
      Pact.

      The incongruities of the Sachar Report are revealed by the following
      simple observations:

      1. A statistical study meant for social and economic reforms is
      carried out in the backdrop of the total social canvas. Sachar
      focused only on a single community. He did not compare the parallel
      socio-economic conditions against a vast canvas. While studying the
      socio-economic and political status of a single community professing
      a particular religion, it is mandatory to compare their conditions
      with the people of other communities professing different religious
      faiths but languishing under similar socio-economic and political
      backwardness.

      2. It is mandatory to consider this when using the mathematical
      formula that X number of people of one community should be compared
      with X number of people of the other community living under similar
      conditions. Equating X samples (say Muslims) with Y sample (say rest
      of the Indians) is a scientific folly that can lead to the
      conclusion that the universe is earth-centric. Any student of
      statistics would shoot down the Sachar Report with acute disdain.

      3. For example, it was mandatory to make a comparative evaluation of
      landless peasants amongst the given number of Muslims and landless
      peasants amongst the same number of people of other communities.
      What conclusion should be drawn if landless peasants amongst the
      Hindu community stand at X50 (amongst a population of 80 crore) and
      X5 amongst the Muslims (out of 15 crore)? Are the Muslims
      discriminated against? That would be a pre-determined conclusion.
      The right conclusion would be that landlessness is a national
      phenomenon amongst both Hindus and Muslims (Hindus more in number)
      and demands immediate action by the Union and the State governments.
      But no political parties or their expert economists have argued on
      this line. All arguments are branded as acts of communalism.

      4. Let us take the case of unemployment. The figure amongst the
      people professing Islam say is Y5. The Hindu figure may be Y50. What
      is the justification to shout that special funds are necessary to
      generate employment to the endangered species called Muslim
      Minority? What about the unemployed people amongst other religious
      faiths? Who sheds tears for them? But anyone who raises this issue
      will be immediately branded as a Right Reactionary Non-Secular Hindu
      Communalist.

      5. One more incongruity in the Sachar perfidy should be cited. It
      says that the quantum of modern education amongst `secular' Muslims
      is Z3. However, the great judicial mind of Sachar has not taken into
      consideration that amongst the Hindus and others in Bharat, lack of
      modern education is about Z35. While the Quota Congress is howling
      like near extinct vultures, the Secular Quixotes have forgotten to
      mention that lack of higher modern education among the Hindus and
      other under-privileged non-Muslims also require special funding and
      drive. But defying all these scientific methodologies, the UPA
      government has announced special scholarships only for minority
      students.

      In fact, one can burn such holes in page after page, chapter after
      chapter in the tailored report that was prepared to fit into the
      reverse historical thrust of the Great Secular Thekedars of Bharat-
      the endangered Congress and its political tails - the Left and Caste
      barons.

      Are the people of India being prepared by the Secular Quixotic
      Congress and Quota votaries for several rounds of `direct action' of
      the kind taught by Jinnah? How many wars will it take? Is India
      being turned into a perpetual battleground between Hindus and
      Muslims? Between the upper castes, OBCs, SCs and STs?

      Who will save India from the Secular Quixotes, who are driving their
      daggers into the national soul, in order to divide and rule
      perpetually?

      The dream of `One India, One Nation' after Jinnah walked out with
      his own empire and the British escaped remains unfulfilled. The
      Hindus are honoured with the huge honorific of Right Reactionary Non-
      Secular Communalists. The time has come to decide and act.

      We, the People of India, irrespective of religion and other
      diversities, should decide to finally cry out: We are united
      Indians. Oh the great Indian National Congress, the Jurassic
      Leftists and Caste Lichens, do not divide us, do not make us fight
      communal wars! Our religion should no more decide our nationality.
      Source: http://sify.com/news/fullstory.php?id=14600960
    • Vishwa Tiwari
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 5, 2009
        What Maloy has brought out is a collection of facts the most important being
        that Sacchar Committee began with conclusions and then fitted the
        statistics.
        Statistics is a wonderful mathematical instrument which requires careful
        handling otherwise it can prove black is white, ashas been done.
        What is amazing is that the left which does not believe in God and religion,
        is now with the Muslims, and not with the decisions being taken on
        economical basis.
        Do we expect justice by filing PIL?
        We including Maloy are crying in wilderness.
        It is no use crying. Let us get united and vote the really anti Hindu, anti
        National, most communal Congress and such parties OUT.
        vmt

        --
        Vishwa Mohan Tiwari