About women: Sri Sri Thakurji says

  • vagabondindia
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 12, 2004
      Sri Sri Thakurji says....

      " Just think: if all had been equal, then the feeling of 'I' as
      different from others would never exist. If there were no'you' there
      could be no'I'. That is why I feel that though the urge for existence
      is one, the process of exixtence is many. Hence, each unique
      exixtence can only acquire fromanother life entity a meaningful,
      piling adjustment of knowledge through his own distictive aptitude."

      " I dont believe that the conception of equality can create
      intelligence, because it seldom differentiates one from another.
      Often it creates a fantastic, foggy conception with a frivolous, dull
      exposition that dwindles the inter-interested go. But, I like the
      sense of equitability-- the capacity to distinguish between
      similarity and sameness-- that generates fellow-feeling and sympathy."
      ( both from "Answer to the Quest", compiled by Ray Hauserman)

      "It is nothing but an outrage
      and foggy botheration
      to appoint females
      in offices
      by snatching them away
      from thier governing kitchen,
      hearth & home
      and, thus, damaging the domestic institution ;
      for it is a great tyranny
      to make their exixtence and chasitity
      unbalanced
      and weaken the stay of the family