Re: A bit of M45

  • jcmoore_uk
    Message 1 of 9 , Jan 1, 2006
      That's a lovely picture Tom, and much better than my recent effort.
      Your web site says in one place that it was imaged at 1000mm and in
      another 200mm. What equipment were you actually using? Also what kind
      of site: urban, suburban, rural and how dark? I think I'm severely sky
      limited in my urban housing estate site!

      Happy New Year
      John Moore, Fleet, Hants
    • Tom How
      Message 2 of 9 , Jan 2, 2006
        Hi John. Its a 1000mm focal length, 200mm aperture F5 classic newtonian
        reflector. The webpage could perhaps be a little clearer. ;-)

        It was autoguided with a 400mm refractor and a black+white 098ed SC1 toucam.

        My site is sort of rural/suburban. I'm just east of Botley/Hedge End, but
        further east are the wilds of the Meon Valley where its much darker. Luckily
        local light pollution is pretty good - nearest streetlamp is about a mile
        away ;-)

        Roughly 50 55N 1 15W

        You are welcome to pop down the M3 and have a look one day!

        Tom

        > ----------

      • jcmoore_uk
        Message 3 of 9 , Jan 3, 2006
          Hello Tom,

          > My site is sort of rural/suburban. I'm just east of Botley/Hedge
          End, but
          > further east are the wilds of the Meon Valley where its much darker.
          Luckily
          > local light pollution is pretty good - nearest streetlamp is about a
          mile
          > away ;-)
          >
          > Roughly 50 55N 1 15W
          >
          > You are welcome to pop down the M3 and have a look one day!

          I'd love to, thanks. I'll be in touch!

          John