Re: [ArizonaScanner.com] MCSO TRS

  • Spazzy McGee
    Message 1 of 20 , Apr 2 11:15 AM
      I have checked everything and it still is not scaning anything but the
      east dispatch.
    • Emtb55868@aol.com
      Message 2 of 20 , Apr 2 11:54 AM
        - rurl/metro is not going to 800 , yet.
        - the SWA ambos will have an 800 radio in all of their
        units.to be cost effective and keep the FD's happy,they will be installing
        converticoms into all their rigs soon,its cost effective.so they willl have 3
        radios in thier ambos(vhf,uhf,800),plus avl,plus most cities have their swa
        units installed a MCT. its getting tight in here..smaller people...BTW swa just
        took delivery of 4 new Braun ambos. they are going to the tempe SWA
        units.look for them on the street by mid to late May.

        dj

      • John H. Guetherman
        Message 3 of 20 , Apr 2 5:36 PM
          --- In ArizonaScanner@yahoogroups.com, Emtb55868@a... wrote:
          > - rural/metro is not going to 800, yet.
          > - the SWA ambos will have an 800 radio in all of their units. to
          be cost effective and keep the FD's happy, they will be installing
          converticoms into all their rigs soon, its cost effective. so they
          willl have 3 radios in thier ambos (vhf, uhf, 800), plus avl, plus
          most cities have their swa units installed a MCT. its getting tight
          in here..smaller people...BTW swa just took delivery of 4 new Braun
          ambos. they are going to the tempe SWA units. look for them on the
          street by mid to late May.

          > dj

          I thought I caught sight of an MCT in at least one SWA in Peoria or
          Glendale. Was going to ask whether they were PFD or SWA MCT's. So,
          can Phoenix fire alarm track the ambo's via AVL now?

          John
          Peoria
        • Emtb55868@aol.com
          Message 4 of 20 , Apr 2 11:12 PM
            john-
            yes phx can track us if it is a mct.at swa,we have small cdts that
            act as an avl,also.we use them for very basic call information.

          • Jason McDowell
            Message 5 of 20 , Apr 3 5:26 AM
              Like someone else mentioned, try keeping the bank open for that trunk
              group. That way it'll just search the system not just the banks you
              have programmed in. Either that or it sounds like you may just be
              "control channel" trunking. Try entering in all the frequencies for he
              system, maybe your missing a control channel, they can change at any
              moment.

              --- In ArizonaScanner@yahoogroups.com, "Spazzy McGee" <boxrchyc@y...>
              wrote:

              > --- Now that we know that they are not encrypted does anyone know
              > what I could to so that I can hear all of these.
              > channel
              >

              > In ArizonaScanner@yahoogroups.com, "Dan Rollman" <danrollman@s...>
              > wrote:
              > > Tom,
              > >
              > > You got some bad info.
              > >

              > MCSO's talkgroups are P25 Digital, but they are not Encrypted. SID and
              > > Narcotics units use encryption, but the dispatch, car to car, and
              > emergency
              > > channels are all "clear digital". All you need in order to listen
              > to them is
              > > a Digital scanner (Uniden BC250D/BC785D with digital card,
              > BC296D/BC796D, or
              > > Radio Shack Pro-96/2096).
              > >
              > > I think what you mean when you set Search 8 VHF apart is that
              > Search 8 VHF
              > > is ANALOG, and the rest (800) are DIGITAL. But that has nothing to
              > do with
              > > Encryption or whether you can hear them at all. Encryption is a
              > whole
              > > different category. The distinction between Digital and Analog just
              > > determines what type of scanner (Analog-only vs Digital-capable)
              > you would
              > > need to use.
              > >
              > > Dan
              > > www.ArizonaScanner.com

            • Spazzy McGee
              Message 6 of 20 , Apr 3 8:05 AM
                I have scaned in open mode and I did hear the west dispatch, so I
                press trunk and I saved the id and the named it. Now I hear west and
                east dispatch. However I never hear the hot traffic talkgroups, Is
                that my scanner or are those not used much?

                In ArizonaScanner@yahoogroups.com, "Jason McDowell"
                <jasonpeoria911@y...> wrote:

                > Like someone else mentioned, try keeping the bank open for that
                trunk
                > group. That way it'll just search the system not just the banks you
                > have programmed in. Either that or it sounds like you may just be
                > "control channel" trunking. Try entering in all the frequencies for
                he
                > system, maybe your missing a control channel, they can change at any
                > moment.
                >

                > --- In ArizonaScanner@yahoogroups.com, "Spazzy McGee"
                <boxrchyc@y...>
                > wrote:
                > >
                > > --- Now that we know that they are not encrypted does anyone know
                > > what I could to so that I can hear all of these.

                channel

                > > In ArizonaScanner@yahoogroups.com, "Dan Rollman"
                <danrollman@s...>
                > > wrote:
                > > > Tom,
                > > >
                > > > You got some bad info.
                > > >

                > > MCSO's talkgroups are P25 Digital, but they are not Encrypted.
                SID and
                > > > Narcotics units use encryption, but the dispatch, car to car,
                and
                > > emergency
                > > > channels are all "clear digital". All you need in order to
                listen
                > > to them is
                > > > a Digital scanner (Uniden BC250D/BC785D with digital card,
                > > BC296D/BC796D, or
                > > > Radio Shack Pro-96/2096).
                > > >
                > > > I think what you mean when you set Search 8 VHF apart is that
                > > Search 8 VHF
                > > > is ANALOG, and the rest (800) are DIGITAL. But that has nothing
                > > do with
                > > > Encryption or whether you can hear them at all. Encryption is a
                > > whole
                > > > different category. The distinction between Digital and Analog
                just
                > > > determines what type of scanner (Analog-only vs Digital-
                capable)
                > > you would
                > > > need to use.
                > > >
                > > > Dan
                > > > www.ArizonaScanner.com

              • Danz, Dan
                Message 7 of 20 , Apr 3 1:11 PM
                  You didn't say what part of the valley you're in, but I can take a guess:

                  You're probably configured to use control channels that are only in the east
                  valley, and since a west side unit never affiliates with that tower
                  location, you'll never hear them.

                  Use the control channel frequencies for Thompson Peak, Criminal Courts
                  Building, or White Tanks ... Law enforcement talk groups are forced onto
                  those towers whether or not anybody affiliates with them. That includes
                  EAST, WEST, CENTRAL, INFO, LAKES-1, Sheriff.

                  To hear hot traffic, you'll have to configure the INFO and Sheriff talk
                  groups and regular scan them, since most of the time when hot traffic is
                  broadcast and all the main talk groups are multi-selected by the dispatcher,
                  the system chooses INFO and/or Sheriff (analog) as the talk group to send
                  all the radios to. If you're not tracking them, you won't hear the
                  multi-select broadcast.

                  Dan D

                  _____

                  Message 8 of 20 , Apr 3 1:12 PM
                    MCSO talkgroups are generally NOT encrypted (only the Narcotics talkgroups).
                    HOWEVER, they ARE digital and you need to have a radio capable of decoding
                    digital audio.

                    Dan D

                    _____

                    Per Mcso u can't they are ecryped!!!! you can listen to the search channel
                    but they are mostly the lake units that are on there all the time.I have
                    acces to them here at the fire lookout !

                    join my groups below !!!

                    to know about police and fire scanning!

                    Message 9 of 20 , Apr 3 1:16 PM
                      then you won't be able to scan MCSO talkgroups of any kind Sheriff, Special
                      details 3-5, and the Jails.

                      And you'll have to have a trunk tracking radio to track the conversations,
                      although without one you'll be able to hear the analog conversations.

                      _____

                      Message 10 of 20 , Apr 3 1:19 PM
                        what do you think the "hot" traffic talk groups are?

                        If you're talking about East TAC or East EM, they are tactical channels
                        when there's a lot of people on an operation that requires a dedicated
                        dispatcher.
                        We broadcast hot traffic on ALL main talkgroups, then move it to either a
                        single main channel, or to a tac channel.

                        We don't use "hot" talkgroups like Mesa or Phoenix's Chase talkgroups.

                        Dan D
                        An MCSO Dispatcher

                        _____

                        <jasonpeoria911@y...> wrote:

                        > Like someone else mentioned, try keeping the bank open for that
                        trunk
                        > group. That way it'll just search the system not just the banks you
                        > have programmed in. Either that or it sounds like you may just be
                        > "control channel" trunking. Try entering in all the frequencies for
                        he
                        > system, maybe your missing a control channel, they can change at any
                        > moment.
                        >

                        > --- In ArizonaScanner@yahoogroups.com, "Spazzy McGee"
                        <boxrchyc@y...>
                        > wrote:
                        > >
                        > > --- Now that we know that they are not encrypted does anyone know
                        > > what I could to so that I can hear all of these.

                        channel

                        > > In ArizonaScanner@yahoogroups.com, "Dan Rollman"
                        <danrollman@s...>
                        > > wrote:
                        > > > Tom,
                        > > >
                        > > > You got some bad info.
                        > > >

                        > > MCSO's talkgroups are P25 Digital, but they are not Encrypted.
                        SID and
                        > > > Narcotics units use encryption, but the dispatch, car to car,
                        and
                        > > emergency
                        > > > channels are all "clear digital". All you need in order to
                        listen
                        > > to them is
                        > > > a Digital scanner (Uniden BC250D/BC785D with digital card,
                        > > BC296D/BC796D, or
                        > > > Radio Shack Pro-96/2096).
                        > > >
                        > > > I think what you mean when you set Search 8 VHF apart is that
                        > > Search 8 VHF
                        > > > is ANALOG, and the rest (800) are DIGITAL. But that has nothing
                        > > do with
                        > > > Encryption or whether you can hear them at all. Encryption is a
                        > > whole
                        > > > different category. The distinction between Digital and Analog
                        just
                        > > > determines what type of scanner (Analog-only vs Digital-
                        capable)
                        > > you would
                        > > > need to use.
                        > > >
                        > > > Dan
                        > > > www.ArizonaScanner.com

                      • Ed Cifelli
                        Message 11 of 20 , Apr 23 12:52 PM
                          Does it say that they are NOT encrypted?

                          ed
                          --- Spazzy McGee <boxrchyc@...> wrote:

                          > ---
                          > In the SWFD 9 It has all the hot traffic talkgroups
                          > and all the other
                          > talkgroups that I programed in my scanner and It
                          > does not say that
                          > it is encrypted.

                          http://mail.yahoo.com
                        • Dan Rollman
                          Message 12 of 20 , Apr 23 1:22 PM
                            In effect, yes. When a talkgroup in SWFD9 (www.ArizonaScanner.com) says
                            "[Dig-P25]", that means it is generally P25 digital "in the clear". If it is
                            typically encrypted, it would say "[Dig-Enc]". Obviously encryption settings
                            can be changed, but that is the norm.

                            Dan
                            www.ArizonaScanner.com