Phoenix Human Resources Crisis Response Team

  • John H. Guetherman
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 1, 2005
      I saw a full-size white van eastbound on Glendale Ave from 55th Ave
      to 19th Ave where it turned south, which had City of Phoenix Human
      Resources Division Crisis Response Team on the doors, and Crisis
      Response Team across the back doors.

      It had a red and blue light bar on the roof, and a spotlight on the
      back of the roof for the back doors. No *visible* antenna that I
      could see.

      The driver had a dark blue long sleeve shirt rolled up slightly,
      there was also a passenger in the front seat.

      Anyone know anything about them? What conventional frequencies, or
      talkgroups do they use? I just picked up the SWFD9 (on my way from
      the Glendale Downtown Post Office to HRO when I saw them) and didn't
      see anything in there about them.

      John
      Peoria
    • Jason McDowell
      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 1, 2005
        Could this possibly be the AR Vans or in Tempe the CARE 7 or whatever
        they call it. They respond on most Codes, shootings, hospitals for
        some reason, accidents where family members need a ride to the
        hospital for the injured member. I know they sometimes call those
        crisis vans or AR vans.

        Jason

        --- In ArizonaScanner@yahoogroups.com, "John H. Guetherman"
        <jhguetherman@y...> wrote:

        > I saw a full-size white van eastbound on Glendale Ave from 55th Ave
        > to 19th Ave where it turned south, which had City of Phoenix Human
        > Resources Division Crisis Response Team on the doors, and Crisis
        > Response Team across the back doors.
        >
        > It had a red and blue light bar on the roof, and a spotlight on the
        > back of the roof for the back doors. No *visible* antenna that I
        > could see.
        >
        > The driver had a dark blue long sleeve shirt rolled up slightly,
        > there was also a passenger in the front seat.
        >
        > Anyone know anything about them? What conventional frequencies, or
        > talkgroups do they use? I just picked up the SWFD9 (on my way from
        > the Glendale Downtown Post Office to HRO when I saw them) and didn't
        > see anything in there about them.
        >
        > John
        > Peoria
      • John H. Guetherman
        Message 3 of 4 , Apr 2, 2005
          --- In ArizonaScanner@yahoogroups.com, "Jason McDowell"
          <jasonpeoria911@y...> wrote:

          > Could this possibly be the AR Vans or in Tempe the CARE 7 or
          whatever
          > they call it. They respond on most Codes, shootings, hospitals for
          > some reason, accidents where family members need a ride to the
          > hospital for the injured member. I know they sometimes call those
          > crisis vans or AR vans.
          >
          > Jason

          No, it was not an AR Van, or a Service Van, or a typical ambo. It was
          a new (2004/2005), all-white, full-sized Chevy cargo van (no side
          windows other than on the driver and passenger doors), with an
          alternate fuel license plate. It had City of Phoenix (with the red
          Phoenix bird outline) Human Resources Division, Crisis Response Team
          on the driver and passenger doors, and Crisis Response Team across
          the back doors. The back windows were heavily tinted, if I recall
          correctly.

          It had a red and blue light bar on the roof, and a spotlight on the
          back of the roof for light at the back doors. No *visible* antenna
          that I could see.

          John
          Peoria
        • Tim
          Message 4 of 4 , Apr 3, 2005
            Based on the agency that runs it, and the name on
            the van, it sounds like they do Critical Incident
            Stress Management for public safety (& perhaps the
            public) who are exposed to unpleasant events above &
            beyond their 'normal' experiences.

            http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail