Howdy to the Group

  • azradiobuff@usa.net
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 1 6:08 PM
      Hey there group,

      My name is Steve Isoldi, I am administrator for Incident Page
      Network's Arizona Chapter. You guys have a great forum , I just
      started browsing the messages here today, good stuff.

      I have a question I am sure that one of you guys will know the
      answer to. I have heard a new code on DPS of a "964". I know its a
      variation of 96# series of codes, but specifically, what is it?

      Also, I have heard Rural Metro on 453.1125, sounds like N. Valley
      stuff?

      Also, if anyone does not know about Incident Page Network, its a
      fairly new service, and the Arizona Chapter is about a month or so
      old. We are always looking for some experienced monitors like
      yourself's to make it even better,

      The url is: http://www.incidentpage.net/

      We also have a onelist group also for the IPN-Arizona Dispatchers,

      Thanks in advance for any info reply,

      Take Care,

      Steven K. Isoldi ,IPN-ARI000
      Incident Page Network
      IPN-Arizona Chapter Administrator
      A.R.S. N2YGH
      n2ygh@...
    • Dan Rollman
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 1 8:14 PM
        At 02:08 AM 3/2/00 +0000, you wrote:
        >From: azradiobuff@...
        >Hey there group,
        > My name is Steve Isoldi, I am administrator for Incident Page
        >Network's Arizona Chapter. You guys have a great forum , I just
        >started browsing the messages here today, good stuff.
        >
        > I have a question I am sure that one of you guys will know the
        >answer to. I have heard a new code on DPS of a "964". I know its a
        >variation of 96# series of codes, but specifically, what is it?

        Hi Steve,
        A 964 is a traffic accident with unknown injuries.

        >Also, if anyone does not know about Incident Page Network, its a
        >fairly new service, and the Arizona Chapter is about a month or so
        >old. We are always looking for some experienced monitors like
        >yourself's to make it even better,

        On the same note, if anyone does not know about Incident Command Page, a
        relatively more extensive and established service, going on 5 years old....
        ICP is also constantly looking for additional dispatchers ("monitors") and
        also regular members to our club. ICP currently has many, many dispatchers
        covering all parts of the valley as well as other parts of the state. Our
        coverage of incidents continues to improve, to the point where ICP
        currently misses few major incidents (working fires, major 962's,
        shootings, hostage/barricade situations, 998/999, etc.) In recent scanner
        events, ICP had great coverage of yesterdays major 962's in Sun City West
        (car through several pedestrians, 1 DOA), as well as the 19th Avenue 962
        yesterday afternoon that claimed the life of a mother and sent her children
        and other victims to the hospital in serious condition, and the major fire
        at St Johns School on the Gila River reservation. ICP was also paging
        information on the tragic death of Officer Skip Fink to our membership
        within minutes of its occurrence as the situation on US-60 was still
        progressing. ICP Pagers are used extensively by Phoenix's TV News Stations
        news desks and photographers, as well as the local newspapers, thanks to
        our clubs reliability and accuracy. We use a two-way radio system and
        mobile "RIM" 2-way pagers to facilitate mobile paging operations and make
        our club even more fun for its members.

        ICP also holds a regular get-together of local scanner enthusiasts, which
        meets the last Saturday of each month at 6pm at the Fudruckers Restaurant,
        Highland Avenue just East of I-17 in Central Phoenix. ALL scanner listeners
        are welcome to attend to chat with other hobbyists and the open exchange of
        radio information. Whether you are a ICP club member or not, we'd love to
        see you there!

        Please do also check out our clubs web page:
        http://www.axtek.com/n7qyk/icp/

        And feel free to email me directly if I can answer any questions on ICP or
        the local scanner meetings.

        Dan Rollman / ICP719

        DAN ROLLMAN - KC7ANQ
        Scannerstuff, Proprietor
        Voice: (888) 589-0496 /// Fax: (978) 383-8950 /// E-mail:
        scannerstuff@...
        http://www.scannerstuff.com

        Incident Command Page - Dispatcher
        http://www.axtek.com/n7qyk/icp
        Incidents: (800) 560-8551 /// Administration: (888) 589-0941
        All opinions stated are those of Dan Rollman and not Scannerstuff or ICP

        http://im.yahoo.com