RE: [ArizonaScanner.com] Digest Number 1469

  • flano@mindspring.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 10, 2004
      Hi Tyrone,

      That is a proprietary data signal you are hearing for the UP. It's used
      for the track signals and controls.

      They've got a few freqs in our area that they transmit the signal on. You
      won't hear voice on them, or at least I haven't for the past few years :)

      John
      SE of Tucson

      Date: Tue, 09 Nov 2004 22:43:11 -0000
      From: "cook_master2001" <cook_master2001@...>
      Subject: is union Pacific going Digital ?

      i found a frequency of 161.3850 kff676 it's a digital data control
      freq. for union Pacific RailRoad. tyrone Tucson.
    • Hardin Tyrone
      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 10, 2004
        thanks John for info, i was woundering what that data
        Signal was for the Railroad. once again thanks.

        http://mail.yahoo.com