Re: [ArizonaScanner] Town of Gilbert & Mesa Fire Dept.

  • Dan Rollman
    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 13, 2000
      Mesa Fire's Ch3 is still on 153.950 as in the book. You are correct,
      however, in that since the last book was published Mesa has begun to use
      Ch3 (153.950) as a routine tactical channel. It used to be that routine
      calls were run on Ch1, and 2-1's and greater (large incidents) were on Ch2
      or Ch3. Now all incidents are still dispatched on Ch1, but units respond on
      Ch3 if it is a routine call (minor medical, single unit responses, etc.)
      and Ch2 if it is a call with a full assignment on it.

      Gilbert PD uses 800 MHz Trunked radios. Their talkgroups are found under
      "Gilbert Police Department" in the book. Their talkgroups are actually on
      the Chandler PD system, though, so you'll want to get the actual
      frequencies under Chandler PD, as it says in the Gilbert PD portion of the
      book.

      Dan

      At 10:56 PM 10/13/00 -0400, you wrote:
      >Question:
      >
      >I have each of the Mesa Fire channels ( from Dan's latest edition of the
      >Scanner Book) programmed in my scanner, and for the past year have been able
      >to hear all the Mesa traffic.
      >
      >Recently, however, they seem to have made a change. While I still hear fire
      >calls through the various channels, they say "respond on Fire Channel # 3."
      >Then I hear nothing after that. Does anyone know the frequency for the
      >"Channel 3" they are referring to, or any information about this change??
      >
      >Also, what are the best frequencies to pick up Town of Gilbert Police??
      >
      >Thanks.
    • Carl Maness
      Message 2 of 5 , Oct 16, 2000
        Another recent change to the Mesa & Gilbert FD's is the use of the
        terms "immediate" and "delayed" when they arrive on scene and
        evaluate patients. Can anyone tell me what these terms mean and how
        they decide who gets what?
        Carl
      • famwiley@aol.com
        Message 3 of 5 , Oct 16, 2000
          They come from the newly adopted S.T.A.R.T. triage protocols. Immediate is a
          level 1/priority 1 injury, delayed is a level 2 injury, minor is a level 3 ,
          and dead/dying is a level 4 injury. S. T. A. R. T. stands for simple triage
          and rapid treatment. the protocol has been adopted pretty much statewide.

          Kevin
        • Michael Todd
          Message 4 of 5 , Oct 16, 2000
            Immediate and delayed are similiar to the terms Priority 1 or Level 1 and
            Priority 2 and level 2.
            The big change with the new terms is that if you go directly by the book
            there is no more Level 1 by mechanism.
            As the old addage goes it's hard to teach an old dog new tricks, therefore
            many folks out there will still say
            "Immediate by mechanism".

            With the new system there is essentially two types of patient classifications

            IMMEDIATE: Used to describe what we all know as a Level 1 by Injury
            Delayed: Anything that is not what we use to call a Level 1 by Injury.

            This same system of triage has been used with great success in some large
            cities around the country (including Los Angeles) and has worked out great.

            Phoenix FD and all other agencies have also made this switch, its just a
            matter of training everyone to use the same new vocabulary.

            Mike