Re: [ArizonaScanner.com] Phx Fire ground

  • Ed & Eb
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 5, 2004
      Walter hit the nail on the head. You pretty much need to be close to the people talking, or you have to have a pretty good antenna.

      All of our TAC channels are simplex, but Buckeye (B12) is not the only repeater. B1 and B2 (Chandler) are also repeaters, albeit crappy ones.

      Ed

      Phoenix FD

      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 5, 2004
        That's terrible. Well, for scanner listeners who don't have a good antenna anyway. Maybe I can convince my company that i would be beneficial to install an antenna on top of the building. hahahahahaha

        I used to be able to pick up RMFD fireground as well, but I can't even do that anymore. Mesa, too. I rarely even hear Mesa being dispatched. It's always Phoenix and West Valley (I don't know who is Glendale or Peoria or whatever as far as IDs go) and RMFD but once they get on the scene, that's it.

        Don't get me wrong, I love listening to MCSO and Phoenix PD and occasionally Scottsdale and Tempe PD, but I'd like to hear more of the fire channels.

        Brenda

        Ed & Eb <ekarsten@...> wrote:
[...]

        Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT

      • P
        Message 3 of 3 , Oct 27, 2004
          Hey Ed, quick question - do you know when we can expect to start
          hearing PFD on the new system? I've been waiting eagerly like a
          little kid on Christmas Eve for this.

          Thanks!
          -Phil