Digital Audio Recorder???

  • Kurt Krueger
    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 1, 2000
      Anybody tried one?

      I was just at Target and saw a Memorex 60-minute digital voice
      recorder for $49.99. The unit is claimed to have a VOX feature, so it
      *should* work like my VOX tape recorder - except with this toy
      I should be able to go through a day's logging very quickly.

      Downside - it uses AAA batteries and has no external power
      input. I guess I could clip directly to the leads...

      Has anyone tried one of these puppies? They're getting cheap
      enough to seem like the way to go.

      Thanks,

      Kurt
    • Scott Burke
      Message 2 of 5 , Oct 3, 2000
        Can anyone tell me anything about Arizona Rangers? I recently saw two 1/2
        ton pickups in the south tucson area with a very small circle emblem on
        their doors and the word Rangers underneath. Both trucks had stubbie
        antennas. I did not have time to look more into it. They appeared to be
        native americans possibly and were on the tohono oodham reservation. Any
        help would be appreciated. Also what is tyhe difference between DPS and
        highway patrol? Just names or what?
        thanks

        Scott

        At 08:33 PM 10/01/2000 +0000, you wrote:
        >Anybody tried one?
        >
        > I was just at Target and saw a Memorex 60-minute digital voice
        >recorder for $49.99. The unit is claimed to have a VOX feature, so it
        >*should* work like my VOX tape recorder - except with this toy
        >I should be able to go through a day's logging very quickly.
        >
        > Downside - it uses AAA batteries and has no external power
        >input. I guess I could clip directly to the leads...
        >
        > Has anyone tried one of these puppies? They're getting cheap
        >enough to seem like the way to go.
        >
        >Thanks,
        >
        >Kurt
        >

        >ArizonaScanner mailing list: radio frequencies and scanner related
        questions and information for all of Arizona. Posting for sale items or
        other issues not directly related to radio scanning in ARIZONA will get you
        banned. Please keep it respectful and on topic.

      • BD18PACKER@aol.com
        Message 3 of 5 , Oct 3, 2000
          --- In ArizonaScanner@egroups.com, Scott Burke <panzer66@e...> wrote:
          > Can anyone tell me anything about Arizona Rangers? I recently saw
          two 1/2
          > ton pickups in the south tucson area with a very small circle
          emblem on
          > their doors and the word Rangers underneath. Both trucks had stubbie
          > antennas. I did not have time to look more into it. They appeared
          to be
          > native americans possibly and were on the tohono oodham
          reservation. Any
          > help would be appreciated. Also what is tyhe difference between DPS
          and
          > highway patrol? Just names or what?
          > thanks
          >
          > Scott
          >
          > Scott The Arizona Department of Public Safety (AZ DPS) was
          established in 1969 by the Arizona Legislature. The Arizona Highway
          Patrol was made a part of DPS by this enactment, transferred from the
          Highway Department(now the Department of Transportation-AZ DOT). The
          Highway Patrol is the uniformed division, and is responsible for
          enforcing traffic laws on all state roads, highways, and streets.
          They also have responsibilities to enforce state statutes, throughout
          Arizona, and provide manpower to assist other cities with police
          services, when requested. The Department of Public Safety consists
          of many bureaus and divisions, including Telecommunications, State
          Crime Lab, Criminal Investigations, School Bus Inspections, Licensing
          (Security officers,Polygraph technicians,Private
          investigators),Concealed weapons licensing, Motor Carrier
          Enforcement, Gang Investigations, Intelligence, Support(logistics,
          security, engineering, planning), the office of the Director, and
          Media Relations{I'm sure I'm leaving some out..my apologies} as well
          as the Highway Patrol Bureau. The Director of DPS is appointed by the
          Governor of Arizona and is responsible for the leadership of the
          department. The high regard to which DPS is held by law enforcement
          officers in Arizona, is the result of many years of unwavering
          honesty, loyalty, and dedication to duty, for all the citizens of
          Arizona. The department motto is "Courteous Vigilance".
          >I believe this states the DPS mission quite well and, for the
          record, I was a member of DPS during the 90's and serve proudly &
          faithfully, until I left the department and moved out of state. I am
          sure that DPS will continue to serve all the citizens of Arizona, in
          2000 and beyond, in the tradition of the men and women that have
          served before them.

          > >ArizonaScanner mailing list: radio frequencies and scanner related
          > questions and information for all of Arizona. Posting for sale
          items or
          > other issues not directly related to radio scanning in ARIZONA will
          get you
          > banned. Please keep it respectful and on topic.
          > >Community email addresses:
          > > Post message: ArizonaScanner@onelist.com
          > > Subscribe: ArizonaScanner-subscribe@onelist.com
          > > Scannerstuff website: www.scannerstuff.com

        • Mike Rollman
          Message 4 of 5 , Oct 3, 2000
            The Arizona Rangers is a volunteer law enforcement
            group in southern Arizona. They provide services such
            as security at special events. I am not sure that they
            have any "offical" vehicles, but I have seen a few of
            thier window stickers around. It looks like a western
            star badge. I dont know what they would be doing on
            the reservation though.

            http://photos.yahoo.com/
          • michael robinson
            Message 5 of 5 , Oct 3, 2000
              --- Scott Burke <panzer66@...> wrote:
              > Can anyone tell me anything about Arizona Rangers? I
              > recently saw two 1/2
              > ton pickups in the south tucson area with a very
              > small circle emblem on
              > their doors and the word Rangers underneath. Both
              > trucks had stubbie
              > antennas. I did not have time to look more into it.
              > They appeared to be
              > native americans possibly and were on the tohono
              > oodham reservation. Any
              > help would be appreciated. Also what is tyhe
              > difference between DPS and
              > highway patrol? Just names or what?
              > thanks
              >
              > Scott
              >

              > At 08:33 PM 10/01/2000 +0000, you wrote:
              > >Anybody tried one?
              > >
              > > I was just at Target and saw a Memorex 60-minute
              > digital voice
              > >recorder for $49.99. The unit is claimed to have a
              > VOX feature, so it
              > >*should* work like my VOX tape recorder - except
              > with this toy
              > >I should be able to go through a day's logging very
              > quickly.
              > >
              > > Downside - it uses AAA batteries and has no
              > external power
              > >input. I guess I could clip directly to the
              > leads...
              > >
              > > Has anyone tried one of these puppies? They're
              > getting cheap
              > >enough to seem like the way to go.
              > >
              > >Thanks,
              > >
              > >Kurt
              > >

              > >ArizonaScanner mailing list: radio frequencies and
              > scanner related
              > questions and information for all of Arizona.
              > Posting for sale items or
              > other issues not directly related to radio scanning
              > in ARIZONA will get you
              > banned. Please keep it respectful and on topic.
              > >Community email addresses:
              > > Post message: ArizonaScanner@onelist.com
              > > Subscribe:
              > ArizonaScanner-subscribe@onelist.com
              > > Unsubscribe:
              > > Scannerstuff website: www.scannerstuff.com
              > >

              > radio shack has a vox recorder for about 60.00
              they work real good with cord directly to scanner
              ear jack good when you cant be around your scanner

              http://photos.yahoo.com/