Re: [ArizonaScanner.com] county freqs -- Who is here now?

  • Robert Homuth
    Message 1 of 18 , Jun 1, 2004
      Which agencies use these frequencies, right now? SW Ambulance, DPS,
      and Peoria use 460.050-460.200 MHz, but who uses what frequency -- and
      for what area of the city, and what purposes?

      I have an older SWFD that does not list the new users.

      73
      KB7AQD Robert in Phoenix, AZ

      --- In ArizonaScanner@yahoogroups.com, Walter Howard
      <walter.howard@j...> wrote:
      > Yes. DPS and RMFD/SWA got some.
      >
      > It costs coordinator money to delete them from a license,
      > but no FCC cost to state/county/local government to renew.
      > Stupid.
      >
      > Walter
      >
      > On Mon, 31 May 2004 08:42:30 EDT firemedic918@a... writes:
      > > Sorry to rehash this, but didn't the MCSO uhf freqs go somewhere
      > > else?
      > >
      > > Kevin
      > >

      > > PW WSA60
      > > MARICOPA, COUNTY OF - Jeffrey L. Harris
      > > PHOENIX, AZ
      > > ctrl pt 1 - 120 W MADISON ST PHOENIX AZ 602-256-1026
      > > 05/28/04 License Renewed
      > > 1 - 204 N APACHE RD BUCKEYE (MARICOPA) AZ
      > > 158.91 FX1 400e
      > > 159.09 FB 400e
      > > 465.05 FX1 400e
      > > 465.075 FX1 400e
      > > 465.1 FX1 400e
      > > 465.125 FX1 400e
      > > 465.15 FX1 400e
      > > 465.175 FX1 400e
      > > 465.2 FX1 400e

      > > --------------------~-->
      > > Tired of hearing the same songs over and over?
      > > Listen to Internet Radio! Skip songs. Click to listen to
      > > LAUNCHcast!
      > > http://us.click.yahoo.com/6ZDxEA/HARHAA/kkyPAA/CPMolB/TM

    • walter
      Message 2 of 18 , Jun 1, 2004
        For DPS:

        .200 = Metro East dispatch
        .175 = East TAC - stand alone repeater on Thompson Pk
        .150 = West TAC - stand alone repeater on the White Tanks

        Walter

        <walter.howard@j...> wrote:
        > Yes. DPS and RMFD/SWA got some.
        >
        > It costs coordinator money to delete them from a license,
        > but no FCC cost to state/county/local government to renew.
        > Stupid.
        >
        > Walter
        >
        > On Mon, 31 May 2004 08:42:30 EDT firemedic918@a... writes:
        > > Sorry to rehash this, but didn't the MCSO uhf freqs go somewhere
        > > else?
        > >
        > > Kevin
        > >

        > > PW WSA60
        > > MARICOPA, COUNTY OF - Jeffrey L. Harris
        > > PHOENIX, AZ
        > > ctrl pt 1 - 120 W MADISON ST PHOENIX AZ 602-256-1026
        > > 05/28/04 License Renewed
        > > 1 - 204 N APACHE RD BUCKEYE (MARICOPA) AZ
        > > 158.91 FX1 400e
        > > 159.09 FB 400e
        > > 465.05 FX1 400e
        > > 465.075 FX1 400e
        > > 465.1 FX1 400e
        > > 465.125 FX1 400e
        > > 465.15 FX1 400e
        > > 465.175 FX1 400e
        > > 465.2 FX1 400e

        > > --------------------~-->
        > > Tired of hearing the same songs over and over?
        > > Listen to Internet Radio! Skip songs. Click to listen to
        > > LAUNCHcast!
        > > http://us.click.yahoo.com/6ZDxEA/HARHAA/kkyPAA/CPMolB/TM

        NEW ARIZONA SCANNER FREQUENCIES & ACCURATE TRUNKING INFORMATION
        www.ArizonaScanner.com - Southwest Frequency Directory 8th Edition
        The radio resource local experts wrote and professionals rely on!
        Yahoo! Groups Links
      • firemedic918@aol.com
        Message 3 of 18 , Jun 1, 2004
          So why is Maricopa County renewing them?

          Kevin

        • John H. Guetherman
          Message 4 of 18 , Jun 2, 2004
            For Peoria Police:

            460.125 Channel 2 (Lousy audio though.)

            For Southwest/Rural-Metro Ambulance: (Last known useage)
            460.050 Channel 18 Alternate use
            460.075 Channel 19 Tempe and Chandler Response
            460.100 Channel 20 Interfacility Transports

            Also note for channel 12 (460.550) and channel 16 (462.350), their
            useage seems to have been switched from what I'm hearing. Channel 12
            was West Valley Move-up and Post, whereas channel 16 was West Valley
            Response. It seems that 12 is now Response, and 16 is now Move-up and
            Post. Can anyone confirm that?

            John
            Peoria

            --- In ArizonaScanner@yahoogroups.com, "Robert Homuth" <kb7aqd@u...>
            wrote:
            > Which agencies use these frequencies, right now? SW Ambulance, DPS,
            and Peoria use 460.050-460.200 MHz, but who uses what frequency --
            and for what area of the city, and what purposes?

            > I have an older SWFD that does not list the new users.
            >
            > 73
            > KB7AQD Robert in Phoenix, AZ

          • John H. Guetherman
            Message 5 of 18 , Jun 2, 2004
              --- In ArizonaScanner@yahoogroups.com, firemedic918@a... wrote:
              > So why is Maricopa County renewing them?
              >
              > Kevin

              As Walter stated, "It costs coordinator money to delete them from a
              license, but no FCC cost to state/county/local government to renew.
              Stupid."

              So to save money, they just keep renewing, instead of paying the
              coordinator whatever amount of money to delete them.

              John
              Peoria
            • firemedic918@aol.com
              Message 6 of 18 , Jun 2, 2004
                So is this a formal, interagency agreement?, or an informal shop manager
                thing...

                kevin

              • walter
                Message 7 of 18 , Jun 2, 2004
                  Because it doesn't cost anything to renew.
                  To delete them costs money.

                  Walter

                    Message 9 of 18 , Jun 2, 2004
                      I think Kevin is referring to what agreement may be in place to permit DPS, Peoria, SWAmb to use frequencies
                      that appear to be licensed to a different agency (MCSO). I'm not sure Kevin is aware that the frequencies are
                      now also licensed to these three individual agencies as well.

                      But Walter, maybe you could explain how the FCC or coordinators handle a scenario where, as here, two different
                      agencies are licensed on the same frequencies in the same area? Theoretically, what's to stop MCSO from
                      deciding to resume use of the frequencies they renewed their license on?

                      Dan
                      www.ArizonaScanner.com

                    • firemedic918@aol.com
                      Message 10 of 18 , Jun 2, 2004
                        In a message dated 6/2/2004 11:28:25 AM US Mountain Standard Time,
                        walter.howard@... writes:
                        You didn't leave any of the thread you're replying to, so I can't tell what
                        you are asking
                        Sorry Walter, I was inquiring as to why the county was maintaing the freqs,
                        and is there a formal IGA or is this a shop manager to shop manager thing?

                        kevin

                      • walter

                          Message 12 of 18 , Jun 7, 2004
                            > What drives me nuts, is that the national coordinators charge coordination
                            > fees to delete frequencies! You'd think that they'd want to clean up the
                            > databases, deleting unused/unwanted channels. But noooo...
                            >
                            > Walter

                            Wouldn't simply allowing the license to expire on its scheduled expiration date
                            accomplish this without a fee?

                            Dan
                          • Walter Howard
                            Message 13 of 18 , Jun 8, 2004
                              The license is granted by the FCC with the blessing
                              of the coordinator, and costs nothing.
                              It's the coordinators that charge, and if you ever
                              want another license or modification, you'd better
                              keep on their good side by paying like you agreed
                              to at the outset. It's a "modification" and therefore
                              has a fee associated. About the only way to get out from
                              under this, is to go truly bankrupt, and I can't think
                              of any entities that have truly done that, ever.

                              There is a movement amongst some of the regional
                              coordinators to get national to make a cancelation FREE.

                              Walter

                              On Mon, 7 Jun 2004 21:16:01 -0400 "Dan Rollman" <lists@...>
                              writes:
                              > > What drives me nuts, is that the national coordinators charge
                              > coordination
                              > > fees to delete frequencies! You'd think that they'd want to clean
                              > up the
                              > > databases, deleting unused/unwanted channels. But noooo...
                              > >
                              > > Walter
                              >
                              > Wouldn't simply allowing the license to expire on its scheduled
                              > expiration date
                              > accomplish this without a fee?
                              >
                              > Dan
                            • Dan Rollman
                              Message 14 of 18 , Jun 8, 2004
                                I understand what you are saying about affirmatively canceling a license
                                requiring a fee to be paid. But I still don't understand why passively allowing
                                it to expire without a renewal would not get it deleted from the database for
                                free. Doesn't a frequency expire if the licensee fails to renew it by the
                                expiration date? If it expires, isn't it deleted?

                              • John H. Guetherman
                                Message 15 of 18 , Jun 9, 2004
                                  If it's free to renew, and costs money to cancel, the agency may
                                  simply allow the coordinators to renew it, even though the agency no
                                  longer uses the frequency(ies).

                                  So it doesn't actually expire. Unless the agency tells and pays the
                                  coordinators to cancel it, it'll remain there. The coordinators are
                                  the ones doing all the actual licensing paperwork.

                                  That's how I'm understanding it.

                                  John
                                  Peoria

                                  --- In ArizonaScanner@yahoogroups.com, "Dan Rollman" <lists@s...>

                                  Message 16 of 18 , Jun 9, 2004
                                    Last posting on this.

                                    The FCC doesn't care.

                                    The coordinator cares (in this case APCO).
                                    When you file for coordination, you agree to pay ALL FEES
                                    associated with the license.
                                    Not keeping a license active (ie, allowing it to lapse) is a
                                    modification of the coordination, therefore it incurs a fee.

                                    And, no, the coordinator does not do any renewals, that's up
                                    to the individual agency.

                                    Any other comments should be taken off-list.

                                    Walter

                                    On Wed, 09 Jun 2004 19:53:28 -0000 "John H. Guetherman"
                                    <jhguetherman@...> writes:
                                    > If it's free to renew, and costs money to cancel, the agency may
                                    > simply allow the coordinators to renew it, even though the agency no
                                    >
                                    > longer uses the frequency(ies).
                                    >
                                    > So it doesn't actually expire. Unless the agency tells and pays the
                                    >
                                    > coordinators to cancel it, it'll remain there. The coordinators are
                                    >
                                    > the ones doing all the actual licensing paperwork.
                                    >
                                    > That's how I'm understanding it.
                                    >
                                    > John
                                    > Peoria
                                    >
                                    > --- In ArizonaScanner@yahoogroups.com, "Dan Rollman" <lists@s...>
                                    > wrote:
                                    > > I understand what you are saying about affirmatively canceling a
                                    > license requiring a fee to be paid. But I still don't understand why
                                    >
                                    > passively allowing it to expire without a renewal would not get it
                                    > deleted from the database for free. Doesn't a frequency expire if
                                    > the
                                    > licensee fails to renew it by the expiration date? If it expires,
                                    > isn't it deleted?

                                    > Check out Music Videos, Internet Radio, Artist Photos, Music News!
                                    > LAUNCH Music on Yahoo!
                                    > http://us.click.yahoo.com/0ZDxEA/JARHAA/kkyPAA/CPMolB/TM

                                  • Mark Schroeder
                                    Message 17 of 18 , Jun 10, 2004
                                      Not exactly.......It is up to the agency to do as much of the legwork
                                      as possible. They usually high someone who knows how to handle the
                                      paperwork for them as the contact.

                                      --- In ArizonaScanner@yahoogroups.com, "John H. Guetherman"