Re: [ArizonaScanner] Home Depot & PCSO freqs

  • Dan Rollman
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 31, 2000
      At 06:51 PM 7/31/00 -0700, you wrote:

      > > Also, I spent most of yesterday morning over coffee reading the
      > > posts re:
      > > PCSO frequencies, the new system etc. I programmed in the new freqs
      > > on my
      > > 245XLT in a separate bank, and left the old EDACS system in another
      > > bank.
      > > I'm hearing SO traffic on both. Are they still using the old freqs
      > > as well
      > > as the new?
      >
      >It was my understanding that there were NO new freq's, just a different
      >trunking format and radios.

      Actually, there were several new frequencies on every tower site. Remember,
      the EFJ and EDACS systems were up together for a time. When EDACS came
      down, the (old) frequencies were added to the (new) EFJ system to add more
      frequencies.

      >And, does anyone know if there is a means by which to
      > > monitor
      > > the new multinet systems, i.e., like buying another radio? Thanks!
      >
      >Yeah, a Transcrypt/EFJ (makers of MultiNet). No third party scanners
      >that I know of. Also, Motorola is now licensed to make and sell LTR
      >radios. Maybe MultiNet too?????
      >
      >Walter Howard

      True, but try getting that programmed without a little inside info. :)

      Dan

      DAN ROLLMAN - KC7ANQ
      Scannerstuff, Owner
      Voice: (888) 589-0496 /// Fax: (978) 383-8950 /// E-mail:
      danrollman@...
      AOL IM: DanRollman / http://www.scannerstuff.com

      Incident Command Page - Dispatcher
      http://www.icp-az.org
      Incidents: (602) 259-6055 /// Administration: (888) 589-0941
      All opinions stated are those of Dan Rollman and not Scannerstuff or ICP

      http://im.yahoo.com