Colorado River Fire Agencies

  • jplmac43
    Message 1 of 5 , May 1, 2003
      Lake Mead NRA to Yuma
      Western Shoreline:Clark, San Berhardino, Riverside & Imperial Cnty's

      Fire Agencies: NPS, Boulder City, Clk Cnty, San Bernardino Cnty,
      Riverside Cnty, & Blythe.

      Eastern ShoreLine:Mohave, La Paz & Yuma Cnty's

      Fire Agencies: NPS, Bullhead City, Ft.Mohave Mesa, Mohave Valley
      Federal Fire Agency {BIA-BLM-FWS}, Mohave Valley, Golden Shores,
      Desert Hills?, Lake Havasu City, Buckskin, Parker, CRIT, Ehrenberg, &
      Yuma.

      The area south of I-10 all the way to Cibola Lake {approx.40 miles}
      is one of the areas I'm trying to get data for in order to complete a
      roster of ALL fire agencies along the Colorado River.

      Some place names in the lower valley are: Martinez Lk. Resort,
      Fisher's Landing, Imperial Oasis, & Laguna Camp.

      If anyone knows the fire agencies responsible for any of the place
      names above as well as the areas south of I-10, my I request that you
      provide me w/those names? Upon completion of the roster I will be
      posting to files section.

      Roster will contain name of Cnty, east/west shoreline, agency, map
      reference, freq's, resources/assets and any other pertinent data.

      Thanking you in advance
      Danny McLean
    • Kevin Wiley
      Message 2 of 5 , May 1, 2003
        Is this just for scanning info? Or are you a coordinator for a agency or gov entity?

        Kevin
[...]

        Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

        A SCANNER LISTENER IN ARIZONA WHO HASN'T SEEN THE SOUTHWEST FREQUENCY DIRECTORY 7? NO WAY!
        http://WWW.SCANNERSTUFF.COM/SWFD-7-AZ.htm

        ArizonaScanner mailing list: radio scanner Q's and info for all of Arizona.

      • John
        Message 3 of 5 , May 1, 2003

          =
          =Some place names in the lower valley are: Martinez Lk. Resort,
          =Fisher's Landing, Imperial Oasis, & Laguna Camp.
          =

          Haven't lived there for while, but here's what I remember:
          Not a lot of man made stuff to burn, so not a lot of coverage!
          Lots of wildfire potential, though!

          Quartzite FD covers down AZ 95 south through the BLM dry camp
          grounds, sometimes to Stone Cabin.
          BLM Yuma and AZ Land IC the actual wildfires on the river banks with
          local FDs as support.
          Yuma Proving Ground covers incidents within the proving ground
          borders.
          Martinez Lake is BLM I believe. Rural/Metro has responded there, if
          memory serves.
          Ehrenburg Fire from the South on to Martinez Lk too.
          CDF and Blythe Ambulance provide mutual aid, too.

          River Medical is the big EMS player north of Stone Cabin both sides
          of the river.
          Rural/Metro is EMS south of the Big Guns and both sides of the river
          as well.
          Tri-Valley Ambulance (Wellton) may also take a piece of AZ95 near
          Dome Valley Road.
          Yuma Proving Ground Medics will respond to AZ95 from Big Guns to
          Stone Cabin as First Responder/Mutual Aid.

          I think Airevac runs the air support. Also MCAS Yuma and YPG Air
          Rescue units.

          A lot of things have probably changed since my time there - I hope
          this helps.

          John
          ex Roadrunner FD/Tri-Valley Ambulance
          radioprescott@...
        • Danny
          Message 4 of 5 , May 2, 2003
            Scanning info. My thought was as summer approaches and thousands of people will be on the river enjoying themselves {w/many of them having scanners on there boat} I'dd put together a roster for them to monitor where ever they may be on the river.

            Danny

            Message 5 of 5 , May 3, 2003
              I have made major updates to the Phoenix and Mesa APCO-25 Digital trunked
              systems on trunkedradio.net (I am a national coordinator for the Trunked
              Radio Information Homepage).

              Phoenix:
              http://www.trunkedradio.net/modules.php?name=TRSDB&sid=2508&db=trsinfo
              Mesa: http://www.trunkedradio.net/modules.php?name=TRSDB&sid=2082&db=trsinfo

              Both of these entries now reflect what I believe are accurate site numbers,
              locations, and frequency sets. Also, further overview information regarding
              how the new network will work (in terms of its interconnectedness) is
              provided.

              Essentially, the network breaks down as follows:

              Simulcast A: Phoenix Police and Municipal Services
              20 frequencies (unknown which 20 of 39 listed) transmitting from 9 sites in
              Phoenix:

              Site 1 (WPNW554): Downtown Phoenix, 200 West Washington.
              Site 3 (WPWX741): SW Phoenix, Fire Sta34, 50 N. 51st Ave.
              Site 4 (WPWT692): Maryvale, 4020 W. Glenrosa.
              Site 5 (WPWR968): Squaw Peak Area, Phx PD Substation, 6208 N. 24th St.
              Site 6 (WPXE694): North Mountain (North Central Phoenix), 10600 N 7th St.
              Site 7 (WPWS651): Sky Harbor Airport area, T4, 3800 E Sky Harbor Blvd.
              Site 9 (WPWS758): North Phoenix, Adobe Mountain, 23060 N. 27th Avenue.
              Site 26 (WPXE706): NE Phoenix, 15040 N. Tatum Blvd.

              Simulcast B: Phoenix Fire and Municipal Services, and other FD's
              19 frequencies (unknown which 19 of 39 listed) transmitting from 9 sites in
              Phoenix:
              (Same Locations as Simulcast A above.)

              Simulcast C: Users in South Phoenix / Tempe / Ahwatukee / Chandler
              10 frequencies transmitting from 4 sites in Tempe, Phoenix, & Chandler
              Site 10 (WPWS631): South Mountain (South Phx/Ahwatukee), Mt. Suppoa #13
              Site 17 (WPXE503): North Tempe, Tempe Butte
              Site 18 (WPXJ485): South Tempe, Tempe PD Substation, 8201 S. Hardy Rd
              Site 29 (Pending 0001256759): South Chandler, 3550 S. Dobson Road

              Simulcast D: Mesa TOPAZ System (See Mesa).
              Linked to Phoenix Regional Wireless Network as necessary.
              16 frequencies transmitting from 9 sites in Mesa, Gilbert, & Apache Junction
              TKN: Twin Knolls, 8450 E. Main St., East Mesa: WPNY928
              TRW: TRW Plant, 7144 S. Meridian, Southeast Mesa: WPWE840
              COM: Communications Center, 300 E. 6th St., Downtown Mesa: WPWE853
              F05: Fire Station 5, 730 S. Greenfield, Central Mesa: WPWE854
              RAN: Range Rider Trail, 3961 N. 84th St., NE Mesa: WPWE855
              MCC: Mesa Community College, 1517 S. Dobson, SW Mesa: WPWL705
              SWP: Germann & Greenfield, South Gilbert: WPWH996
              AJ2: AJ Fire St. 2, 3955 E. Superstition, Central Apache Junction: WPWE841
              AJ4: AJ Fire St. 4, 5988 S. Kings Ranch Rd., SE Apache Junction: WPWE852

              Simulcast E: West Valley users
              12 frequencies transmitting from 5 sites in Glendale, Peoria, & Avondale.
              Site 15 (WPWS448): Peoria Sports Complex, 15971 N. 83rd Avenue
              Site 16 (WPWR965): South Glendale, 6835 N. 57th Drive
              Site 23 (WPXE504): Avondale, 11328 W. Buckeye Road
              Site 24 (WPXE501): Luke Air Force Base, on Super Saber Street.
              Site 25 (WPWS760): North Peoria, Fire Sta195, 23100 N. Lake Pleasant Rd.

              Intellirepeaters, Conventional areas, and single-site systems:
              Site 27 (WPWS433): Conv Fire: Daisy Mtn Sta146, 3116 W. New River Rd
              Site 8 (WPWY575): Conv Fire Ops: Far N. Desert Hills. 701 W Carefree Hwy.
              Site 28 (WPXE502): Conv Fire Ops: Daisy Mtn Fire HQ, 43814 N New River Rd
              Site 11 (WPWS444): South Mountain Intellirepeater (South Phoenix)
              Site 12 (WPWS634): New River System (Far N Phx): 43240 N Black Canyon Hwy.
              Site 7 (WPWS651): Sky Harbor Airport System - single site system at T-4.
              Site 13 (WPWS655): Estrella Mtn. System, 11461 S. 171st Ave., Goodyear
              Site 14 (WPXD838): Lake Pleasant System, 41835 N. Castle Hot Springs Rd

              See the trunkedradio.net webpages described above for frequencies licensed
              to each Simulcast set, intellirepeater, conventional site, and stand-alone
              system.

              Simulcast A (20 frequencies) and Simulcast B (19 frequencies) share 9 tower
              sites around Phoenix, but all 39 frequencies are licensed together.
              Therefore, it is unclear at this point which of the 39 will be used for each
              of the two simulcast systems.

              If anyone has any further semi-technical details regarding this developing
              system, by all means post them here. If anyone obtains partial or complete
              talkgroup lists (or even talkgroup names and usage descriptions without
              talkgroup numbers known) please send them to me (confidentially or
              otherwise) at lists@..., or to the group. Those who contribute
              very significant new information to Scannerstuff (for the Southwest
              Frequency Directory) that is not already widely available generally receive
              a discount or complimentary copies of the next edition of SWFD.

              Finally, just a general reminder that I am always in search of new / updated
              / corrected / additional information on anything and everything covered in
              the Southwest Frequency Directory. If you know of something that should be
              changed in or added to the 7th edition, please send it my way!

              Thanks,
              Dan Rollman
              Scannerstuff
              www.scannerstuff.com