Re: Gilbert PD / City of Mesa Trunked System update

  • n7djr
    Message 1 of 10 , Aug 1, 2002
      Ok I jumped the gun out of frustation I am sorry for being so
      negitive I just hate the fact that when I first moved here
      everything was working just fine with scanning and all, then this
      new Digital stuff came in
    • Dan Rollman
      Message 2 of 10 , Aug 1, 2002
        It's the way radio evolves over time, Dave. Rest assured the same
        frustrations were expressed in the late 80's and early 90's as trunked
        systems first became popular and scanner listeners had no way to track them.
        Then came the TrunkTracker. We all had to buy new scanners, but our hobby
        evolved into it, and now many people (I for one) prefer trunking over VHF
        simplex radio systems any day. The hobby is just making the next transition.

        A "well designed and properly implemented" digital trunked radio system
        sounds better than an analog system any day. I've sat with a MCSO dispatcher
        for a shift, and I can tell you that when and where the system worked as it
        should, the audio quality is absolutely incredible. Granted the system has
        its problems (though I'm told they are being worked out), but digital
        doesn't have to be seen as a "bad" thing, even for scanner listeners. Yeah,
        we're in the dark right now. But digital scanners are coming, and they will
        likely be just as worth-the-wait as the original TrunkTrackers were.

        Dan

        Message 3 of 10 , Aug 6, 2002
          The City of Tempe has added additional Parks and Events talkgroups to their
          trunking system, and Tempe Schools has also joined the system with 12 very
          active talkgroups. In addition, Pinal County Sheriff has added a new Channel
          5 repeater frequency. Frequencies and talkgroups for these and other changes
          have been added to the Publication Updates page on the Scannerstuff website.

          Southwest Frequency Directory 7th Edition updates are on a password
          protected website, but are available free to all SWFD-7-AZ owners. If you
          own a copy of SWFD-7-AZ, then you have the username and password already!
          Simply go to
          http://www.scannerstuff.com/Publication%20Updates.htm
          for directions on locating and entering the password for access to the
          Scannerstuff Publications Updates website.

          For information on SWFD-7 and purchasing the new directory for radio
          hobbyists and public safety radio professionals, please see
          http://www.scannerstuff.com/SWFD-7-AZ.htm Arizona residents are NOT charged
          sales tax on orders from www.scannerstuff.com

          Email danrollman@... with any questions.

          Dan Rollman
          Scannerstuff
        • Dan Rollman
          Message 4 of 10 , Oct 19, 2002
            Gilbert PD Radio designators and several updated Arizona National Guard
            frequencies have been posted to the SWFD Publication Updates web page.
            Southwest Frequency Directory 7th Edition updates are on a password
            protected website, but are available free to all SWFD-7-AZ owners. If you
            own a copy of SWFD-7-AZ, then you have access to the username and password

            Message 5 of 10 , Jan 20, 2003
              A huge number of updates have been posted to the SWFD Publication
              Updates web page. Southwest Frequency Directory 7th Edition updates are
              on a password protected website, but are available free to all SWFD-7-AZ
              owners. If you own a copy of SWFD-7-AZ, then you have access to the
              username and password already! Simply go to
              http://www.scannerstuff.com/Publication%20Updates.htm
              for directions on locating and entering the password for access to the
              Scannerstuff Publications Updates website.

              This round of updates includes:
              -U.S. Forest Service helicopters and hotshot crew locations
              -Tonto National Forest engine locations
              -Payson fire apparatus
              -new Canyon State (now Lifestar) ambulance frequencies
              -updated frequency and site lists for Phoenix and Mesa 800 systems
              -new AirEvac back-up frequency
              -new PMT and Salt River Fire frequencies
              -many fire station location and apparatus updates for fire departments
              across the valley and the rest of the state
              -new Southwest Ambulance base locations
              -updated Phoenix area amateur radio repeaters
              -more Scottsdale Princess resort frequencies
              -Pima Community College ASTRO Digital 800 frequencies
              -Prescott Police unit numbering, and more.

              For information on SWFD-7 and purchasing the new directory for radio
              hobbyists and public safety radio professionals, please see
              http://www.scannerstuff.com/SWFD-7-AZ.htm Arizona residents are NOT
              charged sales tax on orders from www.scannerstuff.com

              Email lists@... with any questions.

              Dan Rollman