tucson Ranger

  • irsars
    Message 1 of 2 , May 1, 2002
      question for the local tucson area people.
      i have in the last two days heard a lot of traffic on the
      gateway channel uhf, dispatcher indicates gateway when communicating
      and was dispatching to "TUCSON RANGER" then she called some 800
      numbered units about 8 of them that were located from congress street
      downtown to speedway and river view and a few inbetween locations.
      she also made comment about a motor unit at the end of the wash and
      made a few references to tpd units, who or what is tucson ranger(s)
      and what units are number in the 800 series???? anyone know...
      i have my scanner on daily to and from work and at home, and have had
      the gateway freq's programmed for a year or so, and this is the first
      time i heard traffic especially so much in the last two days and
      almost 45 minutes or more and with steady and regular transmitting.
      just curious, thanks all
    • Dan Rollman
      Message 2 of 2 , May 1, 2002
        Tucson Ranger is the Arizona DPS Ranger helicopter. See Page 23 in the new
        7th edition Southwest Frequency Directory (www.scannerstuff.com) for a
        complete list of Ranger (and other) helicopters, with their names and base
        locations.

        800 units are DPS (Highway Patrol) District-8 units, since the Tucson area
        is District-8.

        Dan Rollman