MDT info...

  • John LaBua
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 1, 2002
      Hi all,

      There has been several messages back and forth in another group about
      MDT's such as, what baud rate they transmit/receive at, what freqs they
      use, etc...

      How about here in the valley? Anyone have any data they would share
      about the agencies around Phoenix that use MDT's?

      John
    • Spaceflight Inc.
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 1, 2002
        I saw that also over on the bc780 group. I was looking for info for Tucson.
        I think most of Arizona is using 19.2 and the 4800 stuff will not work. If I
        find a 19.2 mdt program I will send it your way.

        Kelly

        nasaspaceflight@...

        Message 3 of 3 , Mar 2, 2002
          Hey John... I don't know about the valley freqs ect, but here in
          Sierra Vista, the police use Motorola 9100 series mdt's. There are about
          6 Moto 520's in service as well. Of course, the "format" is Moto's famous
          RD Lap protocol. The freqs associated with their system are
          857.000/812.000 (mobile rx/tx). They (SVPD) are in the process of
          upgrading their mdt system, so the officers in the field can access the
          CAD system, do GPS, and other such goodies, at that point in time they
          equipment will be Panasonic laptops and MCS 2000 800 mhz radios. The
          repeater for use on that system is operational now (even though there
          isn't any units using it yet) and the freqs associated with that one are
          856.150/811.150.
          As a side note.... I have been in dispatch many many times, and I
          get to see what type of traffic is passed on the mdt's. As you might
          expect, there is a great deal of "sensitive" stuff passed along... tele
          #'s, names, locations, ect., stuff the cops don't want the public to know
          about. But, in almost equal volume, what is also passed along is what I
          would call "email type junk".... stuff like jokes, name calling, ribbing,
          superfluous stuff like "hows you boat project going" and such. In my
          humble opinion, we aint missing a great deal, and what we are missing, we
          don't really need to know about anyway!

          73's Donnie

          Somewhere in the "pucker brush" near
          Libby Army Airfield