Re: [MilCom] Question ref: ISR freqs

  • Don Armstrong
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 9, 2001
      Well... so far the consensus is that they mode is FM, and after
      researching the IC-4008A, and if indeed the "M" model is nothing more
      than an "A" model operating in a different freq range, then I would be
      willing to bet that indeed the mode is FM.... however, has anyone logged
      any "hits" on the 14 assigned freqs??? With 13,000 of these things in the
      USMC's hands, and who knows how many in other dept's hands, surely
      someone has heard something on these freqs!

      73's Donnie

      Somewhere in the "pucker brush" near
      Libby Army Airfield
      Ft Huachuca Az

      GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!
      http://dl.www.juno.com/get/web/.
    • jhguetherman
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 10, 2001
        --- In ArizonaScanner@y..., Don Armstrong <ka7pcj@j...> wrote:
        > Well... so far the consensus is that they mode is FM, and
        after researching the IC-4008A, and if indeed the "M" model is
        nothing more than an "A" model operating in a different freq range,
        then I would be willing to bet that indeed the mode is FM....
        however, has anyone logged any "hits" on the 14 assigned freqs???
        With 13,000 of these things in the USMC's hands, and who knows how
        many in other dept's hands, surely someone has heard something on
        these freqs!

        > 73's Donnie
        >
        > Somewhere in the "pucker brush" near
        > Libby Army Airfield
        > Ft Huachuca Az

        Considering that FRS radios typically have a range of a half-mile or
        less, maybe stretching out to a mile, you'd have to be real close to
        a military base, or an active operation, or spot a convoy on the
        road, that is actually using them, in order to hear them. It would be
        my guess that when the bases re-open for air shows and other
        open-house-type events, would be the best time to listen for them, if
        security allows you to have any scanners and/or two-way radios with
        you. And they may or may not be encrypted. Here's the ISR channels:

        1) 396.875 8) 397.950
        2) 397.175 9) 398.050
        3) 397.175 10) 399.425
        4) 397.375 11) 399.475