Re: [ArizonaScanner] Re: Tucson-Area Pima County Sheriff ???

  • John Schmich
    Message 1 of 8 , Dec 9, 2001
      Aaron,
      I live near I10 and Cortaro and checked Marana PD last night. Freqs Dan gave you are working. Your right, they are not real active but more than
      that, you really have to turn the volume up on your radio. Their signal strength is high enough but their modulation is very low. I don't listen to
      Marana PD for that reason. If I have volume up to hear them, then other channels I'm monitoring blast thru to load.
      John Schmich

      aaron_az_84 wrote:

      > OK.. I just had to wait and listen :) I am at Ina/Oracle so shouldn't
      > be a problem.. They just aren't very active I guess :) Thanks Dan
      >
      > --- In ArizonaScanner@y..., Dan Rollman <danrollman@s...> wrote:
      > > Hi Aaron,
      > >
      > > Just wanted to let you (and others) know, I verified Marana's
      > frequencies,
      > > LCN's, and talkgroups myself this afternoon. They are in fact still
      > using
      > > those same three frequencies I posted in my last message, and 03-
      > 021 and
      > > 03-022 are still the two most active talkgroups. I had no trouble
      > TrunkTracking
      > > them on my Uniden BC245XLT with stock antenna from Magee & Oracle,
      > and again
      > > from the 1st Avenue & River Road area, without missing any parts of
      > conversations.
      > >
      > > Perhaps you are further away from Marana?
      > >
      > > Dan Rollman
      > > www.scannerstuff.com

    • Don Armstrong
      Message 2 of 8 , Dec 9, 2001
        John Schmich <schmich@...> wrote:
        > Your right, they are not real active but more than
        >that, you really have to turn the volume up on your radio. Their signal
        >strength is high enough but their modulation is very low. I don't
        listen >to
        >Marana PD for that reason. If I have volume up to hear them, then
        >other channels I'm monitoring blast thru to load.
        >John Schmich
        ************************
        Sounds like NARROW BAND modulation is raising it's ugly head!

        73's Donnie

        Somewhere in the "pucker brush" near
        Libby Army Airfield
        Ft Huachuca Az

        GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!
        http://dl.www.juno.com/get/web/.
      • aaron_az_84
        Message 3 of 8 , Dec 9, 2001
          You guys let me know any good frequencies you found in the
          Tucson/Marana area! I would love to find more frequencies or get some
          tips :)