Re: [ArizonaScanner.com] Just cant get the hag of this?!!?

  • Jon M. Hanson
    Message 1 of 11 , Jul 8, 2013
      According to Radio Reference, Avondale has one talkgroup on the RWC system: 4499. What control channels are you trying to program? You can't just pick any one on the RWC system because Avondale won't be associated with all of them. Looking at the RWC system on Radio Reference (http://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?sid=2508), I would guess Simulcast G (since it's listed for West Valley) would be the site to program for control channels for Avondale. I'm in the East Valley so I don't know for sure but that would be a start.
      ---
      Jon M. Hanson (N7ZVJ)
      Homepage: http://the-hansons-az.net/drupal
      Jabber IM: jon@...

      On Jul 8, 2013, at 4:28 PM, "sdcawildman" <sdcawildman@...> wrote:

      > Need some help here. can anyone explain to me how to program the system that Avondale PD is now apart of? I thought it was Glendale system. I have tried to program the phoenix system in and it kinda works. every 3 words garbels out into mush and it sucks. I just dont get the hang of it. I am going over to HRO now to by the newest southwest book and hope there is info in it other then general info. I have programmed my scanner 200 times and get none of avondale police. Phoenix comes in terrible and its better listening to the 50 radio app or stream off radio ref but i like to lock in the channel...
      >
      > I guess in a nut shell if anyone is kind enough that is a pro I could chat with for 15 mins and get the jist of it? Please respond to email hell at this point I may just pay for a tutor on here who is an expert in programming these systems..
      >
      > Thanks in advance!
      >
      > chris

    • Lloyd Godsey
      Message 2 of 11 , Jul 8, 2013
        I have the newest book if you would like info let me know..

        Message 3 of 11 , Jul 9, 2013
          Unless an 11th edition has been published, the "newest" SWFD is 4 years old. It doesn't even have Simulcast G of the RWC in it, and the Avondale listing shows their old UHF PD channel, and some city service TG's on Maricopa County's system.

          John
        • Lloyd Godsey
          Message 4 of 11 , Jul 9, 2013
            I found the same thing with Buckeye, I use radio reference, and software to
            program mine with.

            Message 5 of 11 , Jul 9, 2013
              There are some updates available through their website. Simulcast G is
              there but nothing about Avondale. There's also a request for updates to
              be sent to updates@... <mailto:updates@...>

              --
              Jerry
              W7JER

              --
              Jerry R

              On 7/9/2013 7:16 PM, John Henry wrote:
              > Unless an 11th edition has been published, the "newest" SWFD is 4 years old. It doesn't even have Simulcast G of the RWC in it, and the Avondale listing shows their old UHF PD channel, and some city service TG's on Maricopa County's system.
              >
              > John

            • sdcawildman
              Message 6 of 11 , Jul 11, 2013
                Thanks for the reply, I did go to HRO and they showed me the 4 year old book. No help. They even told me not to buy it lol. I went on Radio Reference programmed in the G freqs, first tried just the blue and red channels and then everyone in G. Also programmed in the 4499 talk group listed. Not one radio transmission. I hit scan and it wouldn't pick up anything not even static with squelch all the way down. I am located near 43rd and cactus where another radio reference guy listed he hears it just fine (says you need to be near the tower)?? I must be doing something wrong or my scanner is a POS? Using the pro 96.

                Thank you guys for all your input I am still very frustrated with this and still don't understand why I cant get that city of avondale in nor why phoenix pd systems only hear every 4th word sounds like a digital scrambled blurbs (not trying to listen to encrypted channels either)

                I compare this to radio reference feeds of the same channel.. There quality is far less garbled then mine. I do still hear garbled traffic and it seems like only at the most inconvenient times!

                If anyone is near 83rd and Glendale and programs in the west G simulcast please let me know if you can catch traffic on 4499 and what scanner you use.

                Thanks again!
                --- In ArizonaScanner@yahoogroups.com, "Jon M. Hanson" <jon@...> wrote:

                > According to Radio Reference, Avondale has one talkgroup on the RWC system: 4499. What control channels are you trying to program? You can't just pick any one on the RWC system because Avondale won't be associated with all of them. Looking at the RWC system on Radio Reference (http://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?sid=2508), I would guess Simulcast G (since it's listed for West Valley) would be the site to program for control channels for Avondale. I'm in the East Valley so I don't know for sure but that would be a start.
                > ---
                > Jon M. Hanson (N7ZVJ)
                > Homepage: http://the-hansons-az.net/drupal
                > Jabber IM: jon@...
                >

                > On Jul 8, 2013, at 4:28 PM, "sdcawildman" <sdcawildman@...> wrote:
                >
                > > Need some help here. can anyone explain to me how to program the system that Avondale PD is now apart of? I thought it was Glendale system. I have tried to program the phoenix system in and it kinda works. every 3 words garbels out into mush and it sucks. I just dont get the hang of it. I am going over to HRO now to by the newest southwest book and hope there is info in it other then general info. I have programmed my scanner 200 times and get none of avondale police. Phoenix comes in terrible and its better listening to the 50 radio app or stream off radio ref but i like to lock in the channel...
                > >
                > > I guess in a nut shell if anyone is kind enough that is a pro I could chat with for 15 mins and get the jist of it? Please respond to email hell at this point I may just pay for a tutor on here who is an expert in programming these systems..
                > >
                > > Thanks in advance!
                > >
                > > chris

              • sdcawildman
                Message 7 of 11 , Jul 11, 2013
                  Do you know if they are going to make a 11th edition I like the book and wouldn't mind paying the 30 bucks to support the author but man this last book still for sale is so outdated!

                  --- In ArizonaScanner@yahoogroups.com, "John Henry" <jhguetherman@...> wrote:

                  > Unless an 11th edition has been published, the "newest" SWFD is 4 years old. It doesn't even have Simulcast G of the RWC in it, and the Avondale listing shows their old UHF PD channel, and some city service TG's on Maricopa County's system.
                  >
                  > John

                • Ken
                  Message 8 of 11 , Jul 11, 2013
                    The reason why your not hearing anything iphx rwc rebanded their system and right after that i lost most everything pro96 doesnt have the filter. However 2096 does. I own both.s
                    --- In ArizonaScanner@yahoogroups.com, "sdcawildman" <sdcawildman@...> wrote:

> [...]
                    > >
                    > > > Need some help here. can anyone explain to me how to program the system that Avondale PD is now apart of? I thought it was Glendale system. I have tried to program the phoenix system in and it kinda works. every 3 words garbels out into mush and it sucks. I just dont get the hang of it. I am going over to HRO now to by the newest southwest book and hope there is info in it other then general info. I have programmed my scanner 200 times and get none of avondale police. Phoenix comes in terrible and its better listening to the 50 radio app or stream off radio ref but i like to lock in the channel...
                    > > >
                    > > > I guess in a nut shell if anyone is kind enough that is a pro I could chat with for 15 mins and get the jist of it? Please respond to email hell at this point I may just pay for a tutor on here who is an expert in programming these systems..

                  • Walter Howard
                    Message 9 of 11 , Jul 11, 2013
                      It wasn't so much the rebanding, but they added a bunch of 700 MHz channels
                      that the Pro96 [and the Pro2096 which is the same unit in a different
                      package] don't cover.

                      On Thu, Jul 11, 2013 at 11:31 AM, Ken <scanned_one@...> wrote:

> [...]
                      > > > ---
                      > > > Jon M. Hanson (N7ZVJ)
                      > > > Homepage: http://the-hansons-az.net/drupal
                      > > > Jabber IM: jon@

                      > system that Avondale PD is now apart of? I thought it was Glendale system.
                      > I have tried to program the phoenix system in and it kinda works. every 3
                      > words garbels out into mush and it sucks. I just dont get the hang of it. I
                      > am going over to HRO now to by the newest southwest book and hope there is
                      > info in it other then general info. I have programmed my scanner 200 times
                      > and get none of avondale police. Phoenix comes in terrible and its better
                      > listening to the 50 radio app or stream off radio ref but i like to lock in
                      > the channel...

                      > could chat with for 15 mins and get the jist of it? Please respond to email
                      > hell at this point I may just pay for a tutor on here who is an expert in

                    • Tom Humes
                      Message 10 of 11 , Jul 11, 2013
                        which cont ch do you have prog in