RE: [ArizonaScanner.com] City of Maricopa

  • Lloyd Godsey
    Message 1 of 13 , Mar 3, 2013
      MARICOPA POLICE:

      Maricopa: CH-1 Dispatch - PL: 88.5 - Freq: 155.220 - 150.805

      CH-2 TACTICAL - PL: None - Freq: 150.805 Simplex

      Alternate - PL: None - Freq: 154.740 -
      151.295

      MARICOPA FIRE:

      CH-1 - Dispatched By Phoenix Fire - PL: 173.8 - 154.1900 - Simplex

      CH-8 - Tactical - PL: 173.8 -
      153.7700 - Simplex

      158.9925 - Simplex

      MARICPOA CITY GOVERNMENT - 154.9725 - 159.1425

      Public Works - PD Alternate - 154.7400 - 151.2950

      Hope this helps.

      Lloyd

      Message 2 of 13 , Jun 7, 2013
        I am down on my farm near Elfrida (on hwy 191 north of mile 28) nd about 30 miles north of Douglas and the Mexico border...

        My Uniden radio that I have sitting on a shelf above my laptop picked up what sounded like the old speech inversion scrambling on about 459 mhz

        anyone have any idea what this might be

        Cochise Sheriff is 155.04 or 453.85  and CBP (Customs and Border Protection, Border Patrol are on 165-170 mhz frequencies but they are nearly always encrypted

        last weekend, I had two mexicans come to my gate tired and confused they did not understand English or German but did know how to say "Border patrol.    I called BP and they got a free ride back and were fed too at our (us tax payer) expense...

        JOHN

      • Walter Howard
        Message 3 of 13 , Jun 8, 2013
          Is it possible it was 462 or 467?
          There are/were a number of FRS units [Kenwood is one] that had voice
          inversion as an available programming choice.
          Or, it could be the bad guys.
          They use radios too and have even hijacked public safety repeaters to
          coordinate their activities.

          WalterH

          On Fri, Jun 7, 2013 at 8:41 PM, ja moran <analon1@...> wrote:

          > I am down on my farm near Elfrida (on hwy 191 north of mile 28) nd about
          > 30 miles north of Douglas and the Mexico border...
          >

          > My Uniden radio that I have sitting on a shelf above my laptop picked up
          > what sounded like the old speech inversion scrambling on about 459 mhz
          >
          > anyone have any idea what this might be
          >

          > Cochise Sheriff is 155.04 or 453.85 and CBP (Customs and Border
          > Protection, Border Patrol are on 165-170 mhz frequencies but they are
          > nearly always encrypted
          >
          > last weekend, I had two mexicans come to my gate tired and confused they
          > did not understand English or German but did know how to say "Border
          > patrol. I called BP and they got a free ride back and were fed too at
          > our (us tax payer) expense...
          >
          > JOHN

        • ~Bill
          Message 4 of 13 , Jun 8, 2013
            There are plenty of business frequencies, I have run across during travels
            that use Encryption too

            a.) Basic Speech Inversion

            b.) Rolling Code Speech Inversion [periodic click as code changes] - NFL
            used that before MotoTRBO

            c.) DVP/DES

            d.) Now P25 and P25/ENC

            e.) and the MotoTRBO

            Without knowing the specific frequency it is hard to help more than this.

            Bill - N1KUG

            Boston, Mass

            Cruise Ship Frequencies

            http://scanmaritime.com/

            <mailto:analon1%40yahoo.com> > wrote:

            > I am down on my farm near Elfrida (on hwy 191 north of mile 28) nd about
            > 30 miles north of Douglas and the Mexico border...
            >

            > My Uniden radio that I have sitting on a shelf above my laptop picked up
            > what sounded like the old speech inversion scrambling on about 459 mhz
            >
            > anyone have any idea what this might be
            >

            > Cochise Sheriff is 155.04 or 453.85 and CBP (Customs and Border
            > Protection, Border Patrol are on 165-170 mhz frequencies but they are
            > nearly always encrypted
            >
            > last weekend, I had two mexicans come to my gate tired and confused they
            > did not understand English or German but did know how to say "Border
            > patrol. I called BP and they got a free ride back and were fed too at
            > our (us tax payer) expense...
            >
            > JOHN

          • ka7pcj
            Message 5 of 13 , Jun 8, 2013
              Afternoon
              John,

              As others have mentioned, when you couple that freq range, with speech
              inversion, your more than likely looking at "them folks that bring the
              tamales across".... i.e. BAD Guys!... don't take a page from the "Barnett
              Play Book" and go looking for them, your likely to only find trouble!

              73's Donnie

              From somewhere out in the "pucker brush"