noise?????

  • clifford
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 1, 2012
      I have a digital trunk tracker scanner and when I try to listen to the Pima county sheriff all I get is a sound like an open carrer and it sits on that channel, I can go through and L/O the noisey CH. but Im left with two or three CH. It don't matter if I use the ATT buttion sometimes it makes it wores and the squelch can be turned off and it still sits on the one CH. Isent there a way to make a scanner keep scanning when there is no modulation and only noise?
      thanks for any help.
      crb01@... with any answers
    • ja moran
      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 1, 2012
        they may be encrypted at least part of the time.   I know the CBP (Us Customs and Border Protection) channels often are encrypted.  Douglas PD can be too.  The drug and people smugglers sometimes have scanners

        I thought immigrant means one went through the legal process  I don't think you can have illegal immigrants but you can have treaspassers or undocumented individuals

        ----
        technology is nice when it works! ---prefer TEXT e-mail to phone tag :) .....

        Pilots have more fun!! and Chemists Move Molecules !  Engineers SOLVE PROBLEMS....

        -----------Unix: Solaris AIX HP-HPUx Linux +++ +++

        -------->>FREE RANGE eggs chickens, geese, turkeys, peacocks, guineas too...
        ------------------>>www.analon.com 888-5-analon,(520-642-4500)  or 602-909-5280

        ________________________________
        I have a digital trunk tracker scanner and when I try to listen to the Pima county sheriff all I get is a sound like an open carrer and it sits on that channel, I can go through and L/O the noisey CH. but Im left with two or three CH. It don't matter if I use the ATT buttion sometimes it makes it wores and the squelch can be turned off and it still sits on the one CH. Isent there a way to make a scanner keep scanning when there is no modulation and only noise?
        thanks for any help.
        crb01@... with any answers

      • Jon M. Hanson
        Message 3 of 4 , Dec 2, 2012
          I thought the Pima County Sheriff was on an Open Sky system, which couldn't be tracked by consumer scanners.
          ---
          Jon M. Hanson (N7ZVJ)
          Homepage: http://the-hansons-az.net/drupal
          Jabber IM: jon@...

          On Dec 1, 2012, at 9:44 PM, "clifford" <cb9475@...> wrote:

          > I have a digital trunk tracker scanner and when I try to listen to the Pima county sheriff all I get is a sound like an open carrer and it sits on that channel, I can go through and L/O the noisey CH. but Im left with two or three CH. It don't matter if I use the ATT buttion sometimes it makes it wores and the squelch can be turned off and it still sits on the one CH. Isent there a way to make a scanner keep scanning when there is no modulation and only noise?
          > thanks for any help.
          > crb01@... with any answers

        • Jim Christian
          Message 4 of 4 , Dec 2, 2012
            They are on a E F Johnson LTR Multi-Net system that can't be monitored by any scanner. There are ways to get around that. You can use the offset frequencies which I think are minus 45 from the normal frequency. It works OK, but not the best.

            Sometime in 2013?? they will switch to a Motorola P25 using Phase II TDMA and you will (at this time) need a GRE PSR-800 scanner to monitor that system. GRE released a beta version of their software a few months ago that is working on Phase II TDMA systems now.

            You can read more about the Pima County system at Radioreference.com