Maricopa Police

  • j84goldwin
    Message 1 of 12 , Oct 4, 2012
      Does anyone know what happened to the vhf frequency 154.220 can't hear anything...... Did they go to 800 trucking?
    • Joe Badura
      Message 2 of 12 , Oct 4, 2012
        They moved to the RWC. There is a discussion about the new talkgroups going on Radio Reference AZ forum.

        http://forums.radioreference.com/arizona-radio-discussion-forum/250306-new-rwc-talkgroups.html

        Joe Badura
        Sent from my mobile device.

        On Oct 4, 2012, at 5:57 PM, "j84goldwin" <j84goldwing@...> wrote:

        > Does anyone know what happened to the vhf frequency 154.220 can't hear anything...... Did they go to 800 trucking?

      • David French, N7FAN
        Message 3 of 12 , Oct 4, 2012
          As of Sept 30, they are on Buckeye's system now.

          David French, N7FAN
          Maricopa, AZ

          j84goldwin <j84goldwing@...> wrote:

          >Does anyone know what happened to the vhf frequency 154.220 can't hear anything...... Did they go to 800 trucking?

        • John Timmons
          Message 4 of 12 , Oct 5, 2012

                David,
                  Can you please tell me what frequency(s) I should program into my scanner to receive the Maricopa Police Department?

                  Thank you!

                  John   N7LQR
                  Maricopa, AZ

          • Jon M. Hanson
            Message 5 of 12 , Oct 5, 2012
              http://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?ctid=104

              Scroll down to "Maricopa, City of".
              ---
              Jon M. Hanson (N7ZVJ)
              Homepage: http://the-hansons-az.net/drupal
              Jabber IM: jon@...

              On Oct 5, 2012, at 9:55 AM, John Timmons <mayberry85239@...> wrote:

              > David,
              > Can you please tell me what frequency(s) I should program into my scanner to receive the Maricopa Police Department?
              >
              > Thank you!
              >

              > John N7LQR
              > Maricopa, AZ

            • Joe Badura
              Message 6 of 12 , Oct 5, 2012
                Those are the old frequencies. Maricopa PD has moved to the RWC. http://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?sid=2508
                Program Simulcast C site. Maricopa PD dispatch talkgroup is 2599. The talkgroup has been submitted to Radio Reference, but not yet posted to the DB. The Pinal County page should be updated soon too. > To: ArizonaScanner@yahoogroups.com
                > From: jon@...
                > Date: Fri, 5 Oct 2012 09:58:13 -0700
                > Subject: Re: [ArizonaScanner.com] Maricopa Police
                >
                > http://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?ctid=104
                >
                > Scroll down to "Maricopa, City of".
                > ---
                > Jon M. Hanson (N7ZVJ)
                > Homepage: http://the-hansons-az.net/drupal
                > Jabber IM: jon@...
                >

                > On Oct 5, 2012, at 9:55 AM, John Timmons <mayberry85239@...> wrote:
                >

                > > David,
                > > Can you please tell me what frequency(s) I should program into my scanner to receive the Maricopa Police Department?
                > >
                > > Thank you!
                > >

                > > John N7LQR
                > > Maricopa, AZ

              • David French, N7FAN
                Message 7 of 12 , Oct 5, 2012
                  I wonder if Pinal County will re-purpose their radio channels now that Maricopa is gone.

                  David French, N7FAN
                  Maricopa, AZ

                  Joe Badura <joebadura@...> wrote:

                  >Those are the old frequencies. Maricopa PD has moved to the RWC. http://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?sid=2508
                  >Program Simulcast C site. Maricopa PD dispatch talkgroup is 2599. The talkgroup has been submitted to Radio Reference, but not yet posted to the DB. The Pinal County page should be updated soon too. > To: ArizonaScanner@yahoogroups.com
                  >> From: jon@...
                  >> Date: Fri, 5 Oct 2012 09:58:13 -0700
                  >> Subject: Re: [ArizonaScanner.com] Maricopa Police
                  >>
                  >> http://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?ctid=104
                  >>
                  >> Scroll down to "Maricopa, City of".
                  >> ---
                  >> Jon M. Hanson (N7ZVJ)
                  >> Homepage: http://the-hansons-az.net/drupal
                  >> Jabber IM: jon@...
                  >>

                  >> On Oct 5, 2012, at 9:55 AM, John Timmons <mayberry85239@...> wrote:
                  >>

                  >> > David,
                  >> > Can you please tell me what frequency(s) I should program into my scanner to receive the Maricopa Police Department?
                  >> >
                  >> > Thank you!
                  >> >

                  >> > John N7LQR
                  >> > Maricopa, AZ

                • ja moran
                  Message 8 of 12 , Oct 5, 2012
                    I often get what appears to be data on 853.0875  not sure if this is a data channel for one of the P25 complexes or something else...

                    when I was in Indianapolis at the indy 500, I set the scanner to store stuff it found and this is one of the frequencies it found.  Obviously there it had different traffic and usage than it does in the Maricopa county area...

                    This frequency only seems to be active In maricopa county...  Not much activity on it in Pima,(Marana, Tucson)  Cochise, (Benson, Willcox, Elfrida, Douglas)  or Santa Cruz Countis (Sonita/Sierra Vista) areas

                  • Dan Danz
                    Message 9 of 12 , Oct 5, 2012
                      Interestingly, RadioReference shows the freq used on 10 or so Moto TRS s,
                      one of which is a statewide system in IN but none in AZ, and in AZ metro
                      areas it is licensed to Nextel.

                      Message 10 of 12 , Oct 5, 2012
                        I hear it varying between 2-5 bars of signal on a hand held scanner in Ahwatukee. It sounds like data busts similar to MDT type data. It is definitely not P25. I have also heard the CW ID. If anyone knows Morse code, you can figure out exactly who it is when it IDs. The frequency is licensed to Rural Metro (Analog voice only) and Nextel in Maricopa County. Maybe Rural Metro is using it for MDT, but their license is not accurate. http://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?freq=853.0875&action=sf&stid=4 --Joe

                        Message 11 of 12 , Oct 5, 2012

                             Jon,
                              These are the 'old' Maricopa Police Department frequencies. What is/are the new 800 Mhz. frequencies the department is now using that are part of the Buckeye Police Department communications system?

                               Thanks.

                                John

                          >       Can you please tell me what frequency(s) I should program into my scanner to receive the Maricopa Police Department?

                          >       Thank you!

                          >       John   N7LQR
                          >       Maricopa, AZ

                        • Jon M. Hanson
                          Message 12 of 12 , Oct 5, 2012
                            I don't know as I'm not in Maricopa.

                            Someone else on the thread said that they were moving to the RWC and that the database updates on Radio Reference hadn't gone through yet (sometimes it takes them a couple of days). When that happens someone will add a note to the conventional listing below and add a link to the RWC there for reference.
                            ---