DPS EMSCOMM

  • w7kak
    Message 1 of 15 , Jul 1, 2012
      As of midnight this morning DPS no longer handles the med channels. More and more of the hospitals out there have their own stand alone repeaters they use for their people. I am sure there will still be traffic on these frequencies because fire and EMS also use some of these channels.

      Keith W7KAK
    • foresigt
      Message 2 of 15 , Jul 9, 2012
        So if DPS isn't monitoring Med 5 where did they move the DPS helicopters? Back to DPS State?

        --- In ArizonaScanner@yahoogroups.com, "w7kak" <w7kak@...> wrote:

        > As of midnight this morning DPS no longer handles the med channels. More and more of the hospitals out there have their own stand alone repeaters they use for their people. I am sure there will still be traffic on these frequencies because fire and EMS also use some of these channels.
        >
        > Keith W7KAK

      • Walter Howard
        Message 3 of 15 , Nov 11, 2012
          State and local district channels.

          WalterH

          On Mon, Jul 9, 2012 at 8:06 AM, foresigt <foresigt@...> wrote:
          > So if DPS isn't monitoring Med 5 where did they move the DPS helicopters? Back to DPS State?
          >
          > --- In ArizonaScanner@yahoogroups.com, "w7kak" <w7kak@...> wrote:
          >>
          >> As of midnight this morning DPS no longer handles the med channels. More and more of the hospitals out there have their own stand alone repeaters they use for their people. I am sure there will still be traffic on these frequencies because fire and EMS also use some of these channels.
          >>
          >> Keith W7KAK

        • Ken
          Message 4 of 15 , Nov 11, 2012
            There are several cities i travel through, bakersfield being one of them, emscomm is sort of intrigated into there dept line up.

            --- In ArizonaScanner@yahoogroups.com, Walter Howard <walter.howard.jr@...> wrote:

            > State and local district channels.
            >
            > WalterH
            >
            > On Mon, Jul 9, 2012 at 8:06 AM, foresigt <foresigt@...> wrote:
            > > So if DPS isn't monitoring Med 5 where did they move the DPS helicopters? Back to DPS State?
            > >
            > > --- In ArizonaScanner@yahoogroups.com, "w7kak" <w7kak@> wrote:
            > >>
            > >> As of midnight this morning DPS no longer handles the med channels. More and more of the hospitals out there have their own stand alone repeaters they use for their people. I am sure there will still be traffic on these frequencies because fire and EMS also use some of these channels.
            > >>
            > >> Keith W7KAK

          • Walter Howard
            Message 5 of 15 , Nov 13, 2012
              Ken;

              You mean Bakersfield CA?

              AZDPS still has the EMSCOMM channels 1-8 programmed into their radios,
              but there aren't any dispatchers available on those channels.

              WalterH

              On Sun, Nov 11, 2012 at 11:28 AM, Ken <scanned_one@...> wrote:
              > There are several cities i travel through, bakersfield being one of them, emscomm is sort of intrigated into there dept line up.
              >
              > --- In ArizonaScanner@yahoogroups.com, Walter Howard <walter.howard.jr@...> wrote:
              >>
              >> State and local district channels.
              >>
              >> WalterH
              >>
              >> On Mon, Jul 9, 2012 at 8:06 AM, foresigt <foresigt@...> wrote:
              >> > So if DPS isn't monitoring Med 5 where did they move the DPS helicopters? Back to DPS State?

            • Richard Gaun
              Message 6 of 15 , Nov 13, 2012
                While driving around west Phx I've been hearing chatter on 462.95000 that
                sounds like stuff you would hear on the old business band. Guess the
                frequencies are being issued to non emergency agencies.

                Rich Gaun
                Sun City

                On Tue, Nov 13, 2012 at 4:16 PM, Walter Howard
                <walter.howard.jr@...>wrote:

                > Ken;
                >
                > You mean Bakersfield CA?
                >
                > AZDPS still has the EMSCOMM channels 1-8 programmed into their radios,
                > but there aren't any dispatchers available on those channels.
                >
                > WalterH
                >
                > On Sun, Nov 11, 2012 at 11:28 AM, Ken <scanned_one@...> wrote:
                > > There are several cities i travel through, bakersfield being one of
                > them, emscomm is sort of intrigated into there dept line up.
                > >
                > > --- In ArizonaScanner@yahoogroups.com, Walter Howard <walter.howard.jr@...>
                > wrote:
                > >>
                > >> State and local district channels.
                > >>
                > >> WalterH

                > helicopters? Back to DPS State?

                > More and more of the hospitals out there have their own stand alone
                > repeaters they use for their people. I am sure there will still be traffic
                > on these frequencies because fire and EMS also use some of these channels.

                +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
                Richard P Gaun, III
                Sun City, Arizona
                The information contained within the referenced, linked, or directed email
                communication is intended to be a confidential communication between the
                original sender and recipient, and is to be treated as confidential. All
                works, ideas, or copy within are not to be used in any manner other by
                which they were intended. If you believe you have received this or any
                other email in error, please contact me at the above email.
              • Jon M. Hanson
                Message 7 of 15 , Nov 13, 2012
                  From my location in Gilbert with a discone antenna in the attic I can also hear what sounds like golf course activity on a frequency dedicated for EMS. It might be 462.9500 as mentioned below.
                  ---
                  Jon M. Hanson (N7ZVJ)
                  Homepage: http://the-hansons-az.net/drupal
                  Jabber IM: jon@...

                  Message 8 of 15 , Nov 13, 2012
                    I know when in Vermont coordinating EMS frequencies we were told by the FCC
                    & the regional coordinators if we "the state" didn't lock up the UHF Med
                    frequencies we would loose them to other services. That may be what is now
                    happening under the narrow band scheme.

                    Message 9 of 15 , Nov 13, 2012
                      None of the EMSCOMM frequencies are even available for anything other
                      than hospital/ambulance/ems dispatch.

                      I one found a car dealership in Chandler(?) that had gotten some
                      radios over the internet that had the input to MED2 as one of the
                      frequencies. And they even had the right tone! They told me they heard
                      some ambulance traffic once in a while, but they thought it was one of
                      their guys playing around.

                      WalterH

                    • Carl
                      Message 10 of 15 , Nov 17, 2012
                        Jon, you are correct. It is 462.95 and it is golf course groundskeepers. I'm 99% sure it's these guys: http://www.bearcreekaz.com/
                        I drive by there every morning and have heard them for years. They also use DTMF tone sequences to control the sprinklers.

                        Message 11 of 15 , Nov 18, 2012
                          I wonder how they get away with that? That frequency is in the public safety pool and if I search for people using that frequency in Chandler I do come up with some that aren't the golf course. Probably a private business shouldn't be there at all.

                          I've also heard the golf course near me on a frequency that's allocated to the railroad service.
                          ---

                          On Nov 17, 2012, at 2:52 PM, "Carl" <cmaness2001@...> wrote:

                          > Jon, you are correct. It is 462.95 and it is golf course groundskeepers. I'm 99% sure it's these guys: http://www.bearcreekaz.com/
                          > I drive by there every morning and have heard them for years. They also use DTMF tone sequences to control the sprinklers.
                          >
                          > --- In ArizonaScanner@yahoogroups.com, "Jon M. Hanson" <jon@...> wrote:
                          > >
                          > > From my location in Gilbert with a discone antenna in the attic I can also hear what sounds like golf course activity on a frequency dedicated for EMS. It might be 462.9500 as mentioned below.
                          > > ---
                          > > Jon M. Hanson (N7ZVJ)
                          > > Homepage: http://the-hansons-az.net/drupal
                          > > Jabber IM: jon@...
                          > >

                          > > On Nov 13, 2012, at 7:55 PM, Richard Gaun <rpgaun@...> wrote:
                          > >
                          > > > While driving around west Phx I've been hearing chatter on 462.95000 that
                          > > > sounds like stuff you would hear on the old business band. Guess the
                          > > > frequencies are being issued to non emergency agencies.
                          > > >
                          > > > Rich Gaun
                          > > > Sun City

                          > > > --
                          > > > +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
                          > > > Richard P Gaun, III
                          > > > Sun City, Arizona
                          > > > The information contained within the referenced, linked, or directed email
                          > > > communication is intended to be a confidential communication between the
                          > > > original sender and recipient, and is to be treated as confidential. All
                          > > > works, ideas, or copy within are not to be used in any manner other by
                          > > > which they were intended. If you believe you have received this or any
                          > > > other email in error, please contact me at the above email.

                        • ~Bill
                          Message 12 of 15 , Nov 18, 2012
                            Some of the 160-162 RR's are Dual use. Not just the old "LR" FCC
                            allocation.
                            Which Frequency ??

                            As for the 462.9500, it is amazing where folks get found. Probably a Typo
                            in the software, by a bispeceled Tech

                            2 should be a 7 and the 9 should be an 8 ?? Just a Guess

                            Nothing by 'Bear Creek' or 'Bearcreek' in the FCC at this time..

                            Here in Boston [New England] we even caught a transient Test Drive/Race
                            Course vendor [affiliated with a major Car manuf]
                            using the input side of the med-channels for his events across the country

                            We also have a Ski Area, using 460.2875, 461.2875, 462.2875, 463.2875,
                            464.2875, 465.2875, 466.2875, 467.2875, 468.2875 and 469.2875
                            talk about a lazy programming skill.

                            Bill Dunn           N1KUG
                            Boston, Mass
                            Cruise Ship Frequencies
                            http://scanmaritime.com/

                            +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

                            Message 13 of 15 , Nov 18, 2012
                              I live on Seville Golf and Country Club and I found them to be using 452.9250 MHz around their Pro Shop. This frequency technically belongs to railroads. This frequency isn't even assigned to their (expired) license: http://wireless2.fcc.gov/UlsApp/UlsSearch/licenseFreqSum.jsp?licKey=1955637.
                              ---

                              Message 14 of 15 , Nov 18, 2012
                                I just came back from Tucson and can report EMSCOMM is alive & well there.
                                I'm unclear who staffs the control channel but they were relaying patient
                                info to hospital or assigning a med channel for a patch if requested. I
                                was good to hear the system being used as it was meant to be when
                                established many, many moons ago.

                                Rich Gaun
                                (Back in) Sun City

                                Message 15 of 15 , Nov 19, 2012