Med 9 462.950 in Phoenix

  • kb7aqd
    Message 1 of 10 , May 2, 2012
      Sunday morning, around 9:00 AM:

      462.950 pl 136.5 "Phoenix Alarm" working "Native One" on way to Phoenix. Native One advised alarm that they did not have 800/900 capabilities, so "Alarm" performed a courtesy patch to Phoenix Memorial Hospital, 1301 S 7th Ave #200, Phoenix, AZ.

      How often does Phoenix use MED frequencies? Since we have 800/900 and VHF/UHF systems at our local hospitals, I have not heard much except for DPS Ranger on 463.100 MHz.

      73
      Robert
    • Ed (K9EDK)
      Message 2 of 10 , May 3, 2012
        Phoenix Alarm does not have Med 9 anymore that I know of. The old med radio
        consoles were removed a month ago. I don't know who would have had access to
        Med 9 or where I would look to find it. I'll have to check that out when I
        get there tomorrow.

        Ed
        K9EDK
        Fire Emergency Dispatcher
        PHOENIX FD

        Message 3 of 10 , May 4, 2012
          Might have been Southwest Ambulance they call themselves "Alarm" all day long on 460.950 and I do hear them on other services too Like our local Police and Fire allot and they say "Alarm to AP XXX" during coordinated activities out here.
        • n7qyk@cox.net
          Message 4 of 10 , May 4, 2012
            ---- N7DJR <dbohmke@...> wrote:
            > Might have been Southwest Ambulance they call themselves "Alarm" all day long on 460.950 and I do hear them on other services too Like our local Police and Fire allot and they say "Alarm to AP XXX" during coordinated activities out here.

          • ja moran
            Message 5 of 10 , May 4, 2012
              the medcom frequencies are quite active around Tucson. I also often hear activity on these (in this range 462.8-463.6)  in southeastern Arizona.
              sometimes you may also hear the Border Patrol on the medcom frequencies if they are at an accident scene or have rescued some illegals in the desert.

              Unlike in the Phoenix area, in Cochise county, Hospitals are separated by distance....
              willcox-douglas  about 40 miles,  willcox-Benson,  about 30+ miles,  I think the next hospital east of Willcox is in Lordsburg New Mexico.

              Benson, Douglas, Sierra Vista, Bisbee, Willcox have hospitals. I often do see a helicopter at NCCH (northern cochise county hospital) in Willcox. SAfford, in Graham county also has a hospital.

            • Kenneth Howard
              Message 6 of 10 , May 5, 2012
                It is southwest sw ambulance butt its also Med11 on emscom.It used to be a base control channel by Phoenix Fire dept.Still Part of the emscom system i believe and i pretty sure all fire dept alarm rooms and az Dps monitors it. The EMSCOM  System.

                ________________________________

                Message 7 of 10 , May 5, 2012
                  As a truck driver ive carried a scanner with me for over 20 years;(and not for the purpous of evading law enforcement, like some choose to believe)And ive monitored The entire emscom system that entire time and still do, and yes they are very very active in other areas.most big metro areas have intrigated emscom into there operational system.Albuquerque is a prime example of that there you get 1 base channel thats dispatches fire and ambulance everything is compleatly encrypted,into a edac pro-voice system that the public has no access.

                  ________________________________

                  Message 8 of 10 , May 12, 2012
                    I dont hear a ton of stuff on the emscom system from phx alarm/fire. butt i hear occasional stuff.I get alot skip on emscom from DPS Ranger and outer ring areas like lifeline and flagstaff.

                    Message 9 of 10 , May 13, 2012
                      Yesterday I did hear Airevac 5 doing a patch on Med 5 when transportation a patient from a crash on I-8. So there is some minor use of EMCOMS. Many, many years ago (25+) when I was working on the White Mountain Apache Reservation that's all we used to communicate with our hospital & those off the reservation. Yea folks we did have ambulances before there were cell phones...LOL

                      --- In ArizonaScanner@yahoogroups.com, Kenneth Howard <scanned_one@...> wrote:

                      > I dont hear a ton of stuff on the emscom system from phx alarm/fire. butt i hear occasional stuff.I get alot skip on emscom from DPS Ranger and outer ring areas like lifeline and flagstaff.

                    • foresigt
                      Message 10 of 10 , May 14, 2012
                        Skip? From DPS Ranger? When did they change to CB.

                        The Emscom portion the DPS manages has repeaters on it throughout the state. You will usually hear the Ranger Helicopters on Med 5 which is the main frequency they monitor. It is also the contact frequency for ambulances to request patches on when not in the Phoenix or Tucson area.