Re: Phoenix PD TG questions

  • Joe S
    Message 1 of 8 , Feb 1, 2012
      2389 K10 Transit Security Services
      2880 is Apache Junction PSAP channel
      2881 is Scottsdale PSAP B
      2882 is PHXPD C1
      2883-2887 is PHXPD D deck Neighborhood enforcement team
      2888 is PHXPD B10 PD Backup channel.

      --- In ArizonaScanner@yahoogroups.com, "John Henry" <jhguetherman@...> wrote:

      > Does anyone know what the designation/use is for the following Phoenix police talkgroups:
      >
      > 2389 sounds like Transit Police?
      > 2880
      > 2881
      > 2882 some detective unit?
      > 2883-2884-2885-2886-2887 are encrypted
      > 2888
      >

      > John
      > Peoria

    • John Henry
      Message 2 of 8 , Feb 1, 2012
        Thanks, Joe. That leaves me with more questions.

        I thought K-deck was all PHX FD?

        Apache Junction PSAP was on TG 2879?

        Phoenix PD C-1 was on TG 2806?

        D-deck NET's 400-900 was on TG's 2948-2943?

        Phoenix PD B-10 was on TG 2974 as FD Link?
      • John Henry
        Message 3 of 8 , Feb 2, 2012
          For scanner listeners, the only PSAP TG that needs to be monitored is 2872, correct? Are there any instances where a listener would need to monitor the indiviual city/agency PSAP TG's?

          John
          Peoria
        • Joe S
          Message 4 of 8 , Feb 3, 2012
            It's not a bad idea to have individual city PSAP's as well. When that hostage situation a while ago in Chandler was occurring they were re transmitting the audio over their PSAP channel so other agencies could monitor.

            --- In ArizonaScanner@yahoogroups.com, "John Henry" <jhguetherman@...> wrote:

            > For scanner listeners, the only PSAP TG that needs to be monitored is 2872, correct? Are there any instances where a listener would need to monitor the indiviual city/agency PSAP TG's?
            >
            > John
            > Peoria

          • Jon M. Hanson
            Message 5 of 8 , Feb 3, 2012
              What are these PSAP channels?
              ---
              Jon M. Hanson (N7ZVJ)
              Homepage: http://the-hansons-az.net/drupal
              Jabber IM: jon@...

              On Feb 3, 2012, at 1:47 PM, Joe S wrote:

              > It's not a bad idea to have individual city PSAP's as well. When that hostage situation a while ago in Chandler was occurring they were re transmitting the audio over their PSAP channel so other agencies could monitor.
              >
              > --- In ArizonaScanner@yahoogroups.com, "John Henry" <jhguetherman@...> wrote:
              > >
              > > For scanner listeners, the only PSAP TG that needs to be monitored is 2872, correct? Are there any instances where a listener would need to monitor the indiviual city/agency PSAP TG's?
              > >
              > > John
              > > Peoria

            • Rich Gaun
              Message 6 of 8 , Feb 3, 2012
                OK, so I'm confused... (but what else is new....LOL). Are these TGs on the RWC, and is there a list of each city/town to montor? If so I need to add them to the radio.

                Thanks!!

                --- In ArizonaScanner@yahoogroups.com, "Jon M. Hanson" <jon@...> wrote:

                > What are these PSAP channels?
                > ---
                > Jon M. Hanson (N7ZVJ)
                > Homepage: http://the-hansons-az.net/drupal
                > Jabber IM: jon@...
                >

                > On Feb 3, 2012, at 1:47 PM, Joe S wrote:
                >
                > > It's not a bad idea to have individual city PSAP's as well. When that hostage situation a while ago in Chandler was occurring they were re transmitting the audio over their PSAP channel so other agencies could monitor.
                > >
                > > --- In ArizonaScanner@yahoogroups.com, "John Henry" <jhguetherman@> wrote:
                > > >
                > > > For scanner listeners, the only PSAP TG that needs to be monitored is 2872, correct? Are there any instances where a listener would need to monitor the indiviual city/agency PSAP TG's?
                > > >
                > > > John
                > > > Peoria

              • John Henry
                Message 7 of 8 , Feb 3, 2012
                  2872 is the main Public Safety Answering Point (PSAP) talkgroup to monitor for dispatcher-to-dispatcher communications such as ATL's/BOLO's and requests for assistance. Check radioreference.com under the RWC for the individual agency TG's.

                  John
                  Peoria