Re: Vigilant Guard

  • foresigt
    Message 1 of 9 , Nov 1, 2011
      Sorry guys, most of this will be on encrypted frequencies as it would in real life!

      --- In ArizonaScanner@yahoogroups.com, "mountainrydr" <wtgrauel@...> wrote:

      > Any tips on monitoring this?
      >
      > Largest Statewide Exercise to Test Arizona's Ability to Respond to Simulated Catastrophic Events
      >
      > (Posted Oct. 25, 2011, at 4:54 p.m.) The 2011 Arizona Statewide Vigilant Guard exercise is being called the largest emergency response exercise to simulated catastrophic events in Arizona's history. Rightfully so.
      >
      > Approximately 250 agencies and 8,000 participants (e.g., planners, players, controllers, evaluators, etc.) are involved in 2011 Statewide Vigilant Guard, an operations-based exercise designed to enhance the disaster preparedness of Arizona's emergency management agencies, local authorities, National Guard forces (from Arizona, California, Colorado, Utah, Nevada, and Minnesota), and U.S. Northern Command. The exercise will run Thursday through Sunday, Nov. 3 to 6, 2011, and involve simulated on-scene responses in several locations throughout Maricopa County.
      >
      > http://www.azdema.gov/AZ%20Statewide%202011%20EXPLAN%20102411%20FINAL.pdf

    • kb7aqd
      Message 2 of 9 , Nov 1, 2011
        On 3977.7 LSB, one of the hams mentioned these a few nights ago:
        3977.7/3990.0 LSB and 5371.5 USB

        In the past, I have heard activity on intersystem frequencies:
        154.280 155.475 460.375 866.0125 MHz

        Red Cross: 47.420 MHz

        Airband: 122.700-123.575 MHz in 25 kHz steps for UNICOM, and also 136-137 MHz AM

        73
        Robert

        --- In ArizonaScanner@yahoogroups.com, "foresigt" <foresigt@...> wrote:

        > Sorry guys, most of this will be on encrypted frequencies as it would in real life!
        >
        > --- In ArizonaScanner@yahoogroups.com, "mountainrydr" <wtgrauel@> wrote:
        > >
        > > Any tips on monitoring this?
        > >
        > > Largest Statewide Exercise to Test Arizona's Ability to Respond to Simulated Catastrophic Events
        > >
        > > (Posted Oct. 25, 2011, at 4:54 p.m.) The 2011 Arizona Statewide Vigilant Guard exercise is being called the largest emergency response exercise to simulated catastrophic events in Arizona's history. Rightfully so.
        > >
        > > Approximately 250 agencies and 8,000 participants (e.g., planners, players, controllers, evaluators, etc.) are involved in 2011 Statewide Vigilant Guard, an operations-based exercise designed to enhance the disaster preparedness of Arizona's emergency management agencies, local authorities, National Guard forces (from Arizona, California, Colorado, Utah, Nevada, and Minnesota), and U.S. Northern Command. The exercise will run Thursday through Sunday, Nov. 3 to 6, 2011, and involve simulated on-scene responses in several locations throughout Maricopa County.
        > >
        > > http://www.azdema.gov/AZ%20Statewide%202011%20EXPLAN%20102411%20FINAL.pdf

      • mountainrydr
        Message 3 of 9 , Nov 4, 2011
          250 agencies suddenly enable encrypted ops? Doubtful.

          Just heard Arizona Division of Emergency Management doing power loss sim at EOC. Talkgroup 1168 Emergency Ops on my HP1, through Diamond Point, Payson.

          from Globe.

          --- In ArizonaScanner@yahoogroups.com, "foresigt" <foresigt@...> wrote:

          > Sorry guys, most of this will be on encrypted frequencies as it would in real life!
          >
          > --- In ArizonaScanner@yahoogroups.com, "mountainrydr" <wtgrauel@> wrote:
          > >
          > > Any tips on monitoring this?
          > >
          > > Largest Statewide Exercise to Test Arizona's Ability to Respond to Simulated Catastrophic Events
        • Robert R.
          Message 4 of 9 , Nov 4, 2011
            Which system?

            Sent from my iPhone 4

            On Nov 4, 2011, at 9:40 AM, "mountainrydr" <wtgrauel@...> wrote:

            > 250 agencies suddenly enable encrypted ops? Doubtful.
            >
            > Just heard Arizona Division of Emergency Management doing power loss sim at EOC. Talkgroup 1168 Emergency Ops on my HP1, through Diamond Point, Payson.
            >
            > from Globe.
            >

            > --- In ArizonaScanner@yahoogroups.com, "foresigt" <foresigt@...> wrote:
            >>
            >> Sorry guys, most of this will be on encrypted frequencies as it would in real life!
            >>
            >> --- In ArizonaScanner@yahoogroups.com, "mountainrydr" <wtgrauel@> wrote:
            >>>
            >>> Any tips on monitoring this?
            >>>
            >>> Largest Statewide Exercise to Test Arizona's Ability to Respond to Simulated Catastrophic Events

          • John
            Message 5 of 9 , Nov 4, 2011
              Coming back from Tucson today heard the DEMA network active with Coyote flights doing simulated airevacs to Phoenix area hospitals.

              Raven TNO, Raven Safety, Raven TAP, and Coyote flights. Mention of passengers including K-9s, "immediate" medical patients, transporting personnel to Papago, etc. Sounded like a mass casualty drill. Around 1100 broke off due to an "actual" medical incident; intent was to restart at 1200...

              Saw a few Blackhawks maneuvering off I-10 near Chandler, and a few flying near downtown.

              Maybe related....

              John
              radioprescott

            • Kenneth Howard
              Message 6 of 9 , Nov 5, 2011
                It was, was watching tidbits about it mock disaster drill,prettymuch all agencies participated in it. at all levels.

                ________________________________

                Message 7 of 9 , Nov 5, 2011
                  It looks like the State is running their mobile trunked system for this exercise. I head this system active with testing a few weeks ago, but I did not have a chance to run Pro96Com on it. Here is what I have found today:

                  System ID: 3F1
                  Site ID: 301 (Single site, no neighbors)
                  WACN: BEE00
                  System Frequencies:
                  769.14375 Control
                  769.64375 Alt Control
                  770.14375 Alt Control
                  770.64375 Alt Control
                  774.10625 Voice
                  774.60625 Voice

                  Last time the system was active (about 3 weeks ago), I logged this talkgroup:
                  2573 Unknown Testing, unencrypted

                  I have not logged any talkgroup activity today, but I will keep Pro96Com Running to see what I catch.
                  As I understand, this system is a mobile trunked system that is licensed to the state on 700mhz mutual aid frequencies. I not sure where it is located for this exercise. I am receiving the control channel at about 2 bars of signal from about 32nd Street and Baseline in Phoenix.