Re: RWC questions and information

  • John Henry
    Message 1 of 13 , Jul 2, 2011
      Random thoughts here...

      I wish there was an easier way to search a block of TG's other than by programming each TG in as a seperate object, at least in the GRE PSR500 I have.

      For example, what is in the block 4000-4027?
      4028-4040 are the known Peoria City Service's TG's.
      What's in the block 4041-4103?
      4104-4141 are the known Peoria Police TG's.
      What's in the block 4142-4200?
      4201 and 4202 are the 2 known Buckeye Police TG's.
      What's in the block 4203-4300?
      4301-4307 are the 6 known Surprise Police TG's.
      What's in the block 4308-4329?
      4330, 4331 and 4332 are the 3 known El Mirage Police TG's.
      What's above 4333?

      The same thing for 7 seperate blocks of TG's in the 1600 and 1700's where the Phoenix FD TG's are located. A lot of the unknown K2 through K5 TG's for the other departments would probably be found there.

      There's hundreds, maybe a few thousand, of unknown TG's there, and the only way to try to find out which ones are active is to program each and every one in individually. There should be a way to search a block of TG's to make the process easier. Maybe that's something for the scanner manufacturers to think about.

      Like I said, just some random thoughts. (By the way, with not having a computer, I have to program my computer by hand, making the process all that much harder than someone who could do it with a computer and programming software.)

      John
      Peoria
    • John Henry
      Message 2 of 13 , Jul 2, 2011
        Sorry, that should read "I have to program my PSR500 by hand..."

        > Like I said, just some random thoughts. (By the way, with not having a computer, I have to program my computer by hand, making the process all that much harder than someone who could do it with a computer and programming software.)
        >
        > John
        > Peoria

      • Chris F.
        Message 3 of 13 , Jul 3, 2011
          BuTEL has software for the PSR-500.
          It's what I use for all my Uniden scanners.

          It'll make your life a ton easier, and, you can read out what you've already
          put in.

          http://www.butel.nl/

          Click Software: GRE on the left, then PSR-500. They have a free demo. From
          what I see, the purchase price is $39.95 or $69.95, depending on which
          version you choose. Both come with Lifetime updates. That page will show the
          differences between the two (Std and Pro)

          Chris

          Message 4 of 13 , Jul 3, 2011
            John;

            If you don't have a computer, how are you doing email?

            WalterH

            --- In ArizonaScanner@yahoogroups.com, "John Henry" <jhguetherman@...> wrote:
            >SNIP>
            > (By the way, with not having a computer, I have to program my computer by hand, making the process all that much harder than someone who could do it with a computer and programming software.)
            >
            > John
            > Peoria

          • John Henry
            Message 5 of 13 , Jul 4, 2011
              My cell phone. Samsung Rouge. It's not a smart phone like a Droid or iPhone though. Doing this is a bit clumsy though. It's not smooth at all.

              John
              Peoria

              --- In ArizonaScanner@yahoogroups.com, "Walter H" <walter.howard.jr@...> wrote:

              > John;
              >
              > If you don't have a computer, how are you doing email?
              >
              > WalterH
              >
              > --- In ArizonaScanner@yahoogroups.com, "John Henry" <jhguetherman@> wrote:
              > >SNIP>
              > > (By the way, with not having a computer, I have to program my computer by hand, making the process all that much harder than someone who could do it with a computer and programming software.)
              > >
              > > John
              > > Peoria

            • John Henry
              Message 6 of 13 , Jul 4, 2011
                I don't have a working computer to run any software on. I'm using a cell phone. But thank you for the information. I'm aware that there are several options for programming software if/when I do acquire a computer again.

                John
                Peoria