Ham repeaters

  • Andy KC9KXP
    Message 1 of 18 , Mar 4, 2011
      I'm coming out for a visit next week and I'd like to get some recommendations on some ham repeaters in the area. Thanks.
    • Jon M. Hanson
      Message 2 of 18 , Mar 4, 2011
        Which "area?"

        Sent from my iPhone

        On Mar 4, 2011, at 1:14 PM, "Andy KC9KXP" <andylrussell@...> wrote:

        > I'm coming out for a visit next week and I'd like to get some recommendations on some ham repeaters in the area. Thanks.

      • ftlaud_dj
        Message 3 of 18 , Mar 4, 2011
          Check for machines on W7ARA.org. Sites, locations, link status and freqs all listed. Some good D* and even P25 in the area as well.

          --- In ArizonaScanner@yahoogroups.com, "Andy KC9KXP" <andylrussell@...> wrote:

          > I'm coming out for a visit next week and I'd like to get some recommendations on some ham repeaters in the area. Thanks.

        • N7DJR
          Message 4 of 18 , Mar 5, 2011
            The ARA list only a few repeaters. If you want a list of all of them see AzRepeaters.net The "Arizona Repeaterss Directory" has verified listings by county.

            Message 5 of 18 , Mar 5, 2011
              The ARA has some good repeaters but they do not list D-Star or P-25 I don't believe they have those? The "Arizona Repeaters Directory" @ AzRePeaters.net has a statewide list of verified active repeaters!

              Message 6 of 18 , Mar 5, 2011
                Don't forget to the Gilbert hospital repeater 449.825 PL-100.0 The East Valley Repeater Group! There is also a 2m simplex link up there too?

                --- In ArizonaScanner@yahoogroups.com, Dennis Griffin <eagleeyedennis@...> wrote:

                > Hi Andy,
                >
                > Bring sunscreen and your swim trunks. From your base area, you should be able to access: the 145.410, -, 141.3, an eastern AZ, western NM linked network; the 147.120, +, 162.2 Superstition ARC repeater; the 147.200, +, 162.2 ARA central AZ linked system.
                >
                > See this link for all ARA machines, most of which are popular.
                >
                > http://w7ara.org/Web/AraFreq.htm
                >
                > Hope you enjoy your visit.
                >
                > 73 de Dennis KD7CAC
                > Scottsdale, AZ
                >

                > On Feb 15, 2010, at 8:20 PM, Andy wrote:
                >
                > > I'm coming into the Phoenix area on Wednesday and was wondering if anyone could recomend any good/active repeaters. I will be staying in the Queen Creek/Gilbert area, but will traveling all over. Thanks in advance.
                > >
                > > Andy
                > > KC9KXP

              • Craig 'Lumpy' Lemke
                Message 7 of 18 , Mar 6, 2011
                  There's several dozen of us that regularly yack it
                  up on 146.52 simplex in the Valley. We can regularly
                  commo with stations from about
                  - Tonopah on the west
                  - Apache Jct on the east
                  - Carefree/Cave Creek/Anthem on the north
                  - Casa Grande on the south

                  With my 3x 5/8 wave omni at 33 ft, I've talked to
                  Parker, Tucson, Globe, Payson.

                  Most of us can talk with Tucson nightly.

                  Big, flat desert. 50w or so goes a long way.

                  Craig 'Lumpy' Lemke

                  www.n0eq.com
                • Andy KC9KXP
                  Message 8 of 18 , Mar 6, 2011
                    Sorry I guess I forgot that. I'll be in the Phoenix metro area.

                    --- In ArizonaScanner@yahoogroups.com, "Jon M. Hanson" <jon@...> wrote:

                    > Which "area?"
                    >
                    > Sent from my iPhone
                    >
                    > On Mar 4, 2011, at 1:14 PM, "Andy KC9KXP" <andylrussell@...> wrote:
                    >
                    > > I'm coming out for a visit next week and I'd like to get some recommendations on some ham repeaters in the area. Thanks.

                  • jr
                    Message 9 of 18 , Mar 12, 2011
                      I just purchased a new transciever the Yeasu FT-250R , should i be able to pick
                      up fire /police/ems and other groups on this???

                      ________________________________

                      wrote:

                      > Hi Andy,
                      >
                      > Bring sunscreen and your swim trunks. From your base area, you should be able
                      >to access: the 145.410, -, 141.3, an eastern AZ, western NM linked network; the
                      >147.120, +, 162.2 Superstition ARC repeater; the 147.200, +, 162.2 ARA central
                      >AZ linked system.
                      >
                      > See this link for all ARA machines, most of which are popular.
                      >
                      > http://w7ara.org/Web/AraFreq.htm
                      >
                      > Hope you enjoy your visit.
                      >
                      > 73 de Dennis KD7CAC
                      > Scottsdale, AZ
                      >

                      > On Feb 15, 2010, at 8:20 PM, Andy wrote:
                      >
                      > > I'm coming into the Phoenix area on Wednesday and was wondering if anyone
                      >could recomend any good/active repeaters. I will be staying in the Queen
                      >Creek/Gilbert area, but will traveling all over. Thanks in advance.
                      > >
                      > > Andy
                      > > KC9KXP

                    • Jon M. Hanson
                      Message 10 of 18 , Mar 12, 2011
                        You should start a new message instead of replying to an unrelated thread.

                        You'll have to be a little more specific on where you are before your question can be answered.
                        ---
                        Jon M. Hanson (N7ZVJ)
                        Homepage: http://the-hansons-az.net/drupal
                        Jabber IM: jon@...

                        On Mar 12, 2011, at 5:13 PM, jr wrote:

                        > I just purchased a new transciever the Yeasu FT-250R , should i be able to pick
                        > up fire /police/ems and other groups on this???
                        >
                        > ________________________________

                      • jr
                        Message 11 of 18 , Mar 12, 2011
                          i am in gilbert

                          ________________________________
                          You should start a new message instead of replying to an unrelated thread.

                          You'll have to be a little more specific on where you are before your question
                          can be answered.
                          ---
                          Jon M. Hanson (N7ZVJ)
                          Homepage: http://the-hansons-az.net/drupal
                          Jabber IM: jon@...

                          On Mar 12, 2011, at 5:13 PM, jr wrote:

                          > I just purchased a new transciever the Yeasu FT-250R , should i be able to pick
                          >
                          > up fire /police/ems and other groups on this???
                          >
                          > ________________________________

                        • Ed Cifelli
                          Message 12 of 18 , Mar 12, 2011
                            Open the owners manual and find the section that has the frequency coverage for the receiver section. This will tell you whether or not it will pick up the police/fire/ems depending where you are located. Also pls note that I changed the subject.
                            EdC

                            wrote:

                            > Hi Andy,
                            >
                            > Bring sunscreen and your swim trunks. From your base area, you should be able
                            >to access: the 145.410, -, 141.3, an eastern AZ, western NM linked network; the
                            >147.120, +, 162.2 Superstition ARC repeater; the 147.200, +, 162.2 ARA central
                            >AZ linked system.
                            >
                            > See this link for all ARA machines, most of which are popular.
                            >
                            > http://w7ara.org/Web/AraFreq.htm
                            >
                            > Hope you enjoy your visit.
                            >
                            > 73 de Dennis KD7CAC
                            > Scottsdale, AZ
                            >

                            > On Feb 15, 2010, at 8:20 PM, Andy wrote:
                            >
                            > > I'm coming into the Phoenix area on Wednesday and was wondering if anyone
                            >could recomend any good/active repeaters. I will be staying in the Queen
                            >Creek/Gilbert area, but will traveling all over. Thanks in advance.
                            > >
                            > > Andy
                            > > KC9KXP

                          • Jon M. Hanson
                            Message 13 of 18 , Mar 13, 2011
                              Gilbert is P25 digital so you won't be able to receive police and fire on that radio.
                              ---

                              On Mar 12, 2011, at 6:23 PM, jr wrote:

                              > i am in gilbert
                              >
                              > ________________________________

                            • Roy Schahrer
                              Message 14 of 18 , Mar 13, 2011
                                Actually Gilbert Fire simulcasts along with Mesa & AJ to VHF as below:

                                Ch1: 154.340 Alarm
                                Ch2: 154.235 Major Incident
                                Ch3: 154.950 Minor Incident
                                Ch4: 154.280 Mutual Aid