Libby AAF / Sierra Vista Muni

  • Wayne Cummings
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 1, 2001
      To Donnie and the group:

      The latest IFR flight supplement shows some drastic changes for the Libby AAF frequencies. You will notice the UHF Tower, Ground, and A/D freqs are different. Here is the cut and pasted text:

      COMMUNICATIONS - UNICOM - 122.95 ATIS - 134.75 ASOS - 119.675 REMARKS: C520-459-7316. LIBBY APP/DEP - Opr 1400-2300Z Mon-Fri exc hol, OT ctc ALBUQUERQUE CENTER 134.45 327.15. (R) (E) 127.05 254.35 LIBBY TWR - Opr 1400-2300Z Mon-Fri exc hol. (E) 124.95 284.75 LIBBY GND - 121.7 268.7 PMSV METRO - 375.2 REMARKS: Remote briefing fr Davis-Monthan AFB DSN 228-3254, 239.8, full svc 1200-0300Z wkd; 1400-2100Z wkend; ltd svc OT and hol. LIBBY OPS - 122.95 FSS-PRESCOTT PRC-DL-NOTAM FHU

      Also, I passed a frequency (263.125) out that I thought was from the Sierra Vista area but has now been positively identified as being A/D for Gila Bend Aux out of Luke. No chance on you hearing it Donnie! Take care...

      Wayne

    • Don Armstrong
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 2, 2001
        >To Donnie and the group:
        >
        >The latest IFR flight supplement shows some drastic changes for the
        >Libby AAF frequencies. You will notice the UHF Tower, Ground, and >A/D
        freqs are different. Here is the cut and pasted text:

        ******************
        Morning to Wayne and the group... after seeing the above post, I
        decided to listen to the morning "radio roll call"... every morning, the
        tower does a radio check of all of their transmitters just prior to
        opening up "the tower".... here is the results of the roll call:

        121.7 (ground)
        248.2 (ground)
        124.95 (tower/catf)
        229.6 (tower)
        127.05 (radar a/d)
        234.4 (radar a/d)
        237.5 (discrete radar)
        299.1 (discrete radar)
        374.1 (discrete radar)
        124.55 (discrete radar)
        120.65 (discrete radar)

        I didnt hear anything on the "new" uhf freqs mentioned in Waynes
        post... so... I aint too sure what's supposed to be correct at this
        time.... I will continue to monitor and let everyone know if/when changes
        occur!

        73's Donnie

        Somewhere in the "pucker brush" near
        Libby Army Airfield
        Ft Huachuca Az

        GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!
        http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.
      • Wayne Cummings
        Message 3 of 3 , Jul 2, 2001
          Donnie,

          That info came out of the IFR data that goes into effect July 12. It will be
          interesting to see if those changes do take place...

          Wayne