Anyone have feedback on the GRE Super Amp?

  • Chad
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 1, 2009
    • Kevin Phx Az
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 1, 2009
        I have 2 AOR GW-2 and they are useless unless you want to introduce intermod to your radio.
        The foto in the link to the GRE one looks identical to my GW-2s.
        Be interesting to hear if anyone has found them to be of any value?
        Kevin

        Message 3 of 3 , Mar 1, 2009
          I would avoid it, I bought one and exchanged it twice because they
          told me it was either defective or I was doing something wrong.

          All it did was introduce noise and boosted nothing. What is the
          application, to sit on top of a handheld or inline with coax and and
          external antenna?

          Steve Isoldi - K2AUX
          Moderator - FederalFreqs
          Federal Frequency Monitoring
          http://groups.yahoo.com/group/FederalFreqs

          --- In ArizonaScanner@yahoogroups.com, "Kevin Phx Az" <kevinbbb@...>
          wrote:

          > I have 2 AOR GW-2 and they are useless unless you want to introduce
          intermod to your radio.
          > The foto in the link to the GRE one looks identical to my GW-2s.
          > Be interesting to hear if anyone has found them to be of any value?
          > Kevin

          Amp?