Re: Tempe PD

  • jgbdps
    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 1, 2008
      Hello Everyone,

      I'll try to clarify some of this Tempe PD stuff for everyone. One
      thing that I do not have are talk group numbers and what they are
      assigned to. The way the system is laid out is as follows.
      A1 HOT 1...B1 HOT 2...C1 HOT 3 (We are not using hot channels at this
      time but they will be encrypted)
      A2 North...B2 Info...C2 Talk 1 (B2 and C2 are encrypted)
      A3 Central...B3 Info...C3 Talk 2(B3 and C3 are encrypted)
      A4 South...B4 Info...C4 Talk 3 (B4 and B5 are encrypted)

      Listed above are the talk groups that have the most activity.

      A5 Mill Ave, A6 Security, A9 PD Event 2, B9 PD Event 3, C9 PD Event 4,
      C5 PD Event 1, C7 PW Emergency, C11 SIB and B15 Tech Center are the
      other talk groups that are not encrypted. There are various talk
      groups i.e. INFO, NARCS, SIB, GANGS, and SWAT, that will remain encrypted.

      The City is broken up into North and South and the dividing line is
      Broadway Rd, hence the North and South. In the future the city will be
      divided up by North, Central, and South. So most of the activity is A2
      North and A3 South.

      Something new that were are doing is the hot tone beep every 15
      seconds(approximate) like DPS does when there is emergency traffic on
      the channel/frequency. I like this feature a lot and was not available
      to us on the old analog system.

      The coverage on the new system is phenomenal. Communications on my
      portable radio has been crystal clear and it has not gone "digital" on
      me yet. Officers and dispatchers are having to repeat themselves
      often, but I believe its from everyone not being used to the way
      digital sounds.

      On the XTS5000, we use the toggle switch to switch between A, B and C,
      and the dial for 1, 2, 3..etc.

      I hope this helps out with the programing.

      -Joshua K7JGB
    • BP
      Message 2 of 5 , Nov 1, 2008
        Thanks for the info, kinda sucks hot is encrypted though , PhxPD released
        their hot channels but keeps all the tac stuff in the dark.

        Maybe we'll see, but thanks for the good list so far!

        _____

        Message 3 of 5 , Nov 1, 2008
          thanks to a lot of you, we can combine your reports to come up with this
          tentative start.

          2607? A1 Hot 1 (E)

          2601 A2 PD North (old A)

          ---- A3 PD Central (guessing it will be 2602)

          2603 A4 PD South (old C)

          2637 A5 Mill Ave

          2624 A6 Security

          ---- A7

          ---- A8

          ---- A9 Event 2

          ---- A10

          ---- A11

          ---- A12

          ---- A13

          ---- A14

          ---- A15

          ---- A16

          ---- B1 Hot 2 (E)

          ---- B2 PD Info North (E)

          ---- B3 PD Info Central (E)

          ---- B4 PD Info South (E)

          ---- B5 ?? Mill Ave Info (E)

          ---- B6

          ---- B7

          ---- B8

          2620 B9 Event 3

          ---- B10

          ---- B11

          ---- B12

          ---- B13

          ---- B14

          2634 B15 Tech Ctr

          ---- B16

          ---- C1 Hot 3 (E)

          ---- C2 Talk 1 (E)

          ---- C3 Talk 2 (E)

          ---- C4 Talk 3 (E)

          2622 C5 Event 1

          ---- C6

          2080 C7 PW->PD Link

          ---- C8

          2619 C9 Event 4

          ---- C10

          ---- C11 SIB

          ---- C12

          ---- C13

          ---- C14

          ---- C15

          ---- C16

          ________________

          Dan Danz (WA5SKM)

          Fountain Hills AZ

          Message 4 of 5 , Nov 1, 2008
            Here are a few questions people brought up, that I will try to answer.

            "Will there be an announcement group like Chandler PD's "Hot" that is
            used to announce a hot call or normal call turning hot to everyone
            (for swarming purposes and awareness)? If so, what is the TG and
            channel designator?"
            ---As of right now when a hot call comes out it is broadcast on North,
            South and our Info Channels, where officers spend most of their time.
            Once the initial broadcast comes out over the different channels, the
            hot traffic is the isolated to North or South depending if it is north
            or south Tempe. In the future officers will "10-50" or switch to A1
            Hot for the traffic. We do not have enough dispatchers to staff the
            Hot channels.

            "What is A6 Security used for? VIP protection or things like football
            games?"
            ---The security channels is for the "rent a cops" AKA Team Security
            who work in the downtown area. (Sorry if I offended anyone)Any VIP
            security work, I can guarantee will be encrypted.

            "In PW Emergency, is the PW Public Works or something else?"
            ---That's a good question. That sounds about right.

            "Is B15 Tech Center radio technicians or something else like crime
            scene technicians?"
            ---The Tech Center is our radio shop.

            "When the city is broken-up into three precincts, what will the new
            boundaries be?"
            ---These boundaries are still in the works, but from what I hear, its
            going to be all of north Tempe to Broadway RD as North. Central is
            from Broadway down to US 60 or Baseline Rd. South is from
            US60/Baseline to the Chandler border.

            "Are you still using a TG for AZ Mills security or is that A6?"
            ---On the old system we never used a separate TG for the Mall. We
            usually have a mall officer who has a simple analog radio which is
            owned by the mall. The mall has its own repeater and dispatch. The
            Mall Officer is on A4 South and the two call signs I am aware of is
            2G20 and 2P20.

            "Are Park Rangers on your system? If so, what is their channel?"
            ---Park Rangers call sign start with "F" i.e. F807, and are on the
            main channels respective if they are north or south.

            "Do you have school emergency channels? Are these encrypted? If not,
            what are the channels/TG's?"
            ---There are no school emergency channels. There are SRO at the high
            schools and they are the North/South TG depending on the location of
            the school. If the shit were to hit the fan, it is easier to stay on
            the main channel or hot channel where everyone is all ready at.

            The City has way more TG's than it needs. There are a ton more
            frequencies that I don't have info on because only the SWAT guys have
            it programed into their radio.

            -Joshua K7JGB