greetings from SoCal

  • Dale
    Message 1 of 6 , Jun 1, 2008
      I'll be in your state in about three weeks visiting the Grand Canyon with driving trips ranging
      between Williams and Sedona.

      I have a Pro95 scanner and use Don Starr's Win95 to interface, and another group I belong to
      here on Yahoo has quite a few files for many areas of the country. I got one there for
      Phoenix, Tempe, etc.

      I was wondering if anyone can answer a couple quesions. First of all, I see you have p96 files
      which I assume are for a similar software but they do not work with my software and set up.
      Anyone know where I can find some files for the northern part of AZ?

      Second, if I were to monitor the freqs I have for Phoenix area from up in the Flagstaff area,
      would I have any success?

      Finally, I like to mnitor amateur radio as well as public safety. Any of you do that and any
      recommendations on active repeaters that can be picked up in the northern part of the state?

      Many thanks in advance and 73
      Dale KG6RPO
      Torrance CA
    • tacoma truck
      Message 2 of 6 , Jun 1, 2008
        Try us on the Navajo Repeater at Lake Powell on
        146.960- pl 100 and also try Jacob Lake by Grand
        Canyon 147.300 no pl.
        --- Dale <kg6rpo@...> wrote:

        > I'll be in your state in about three weeks visiting
        > the Grand Canyon with driving trips ranging
        > between Williams and Sedona.
        >
        > I have a Pro95 scanner and use Don Starr's Win95 to
        > interface, and another group I belong to
        > here on Yahoo has quite a few files for many areas
        > of the country. I got one there for
        > Phoenix, Tempe, etc.
        >
        > I was wondering if anyone can answer a couple
        > quesions. First of all, I see you have p96 files
        > which I assume are for a similar software but they
        > do not work with my software and set up.
        > Anyone know where I can find some files for the
        > northern part of AZ?
        >
        > Second, if I were to monitor the freqs I have for
        > Phoenix area from up in the Flagstaff area,
        > would I have any success?
        >
        > Finally, I like to mnitor amateur radio as well as
        > public safety. Any of you do that and any
        > recommendations on active repeaters that can be
        > picked up in the northern part of the state?
        >
        > Many thanks in advance and 73
        > Dale KG6RPO
        > Torrance CA

      • Jon M. Hanson
        Message 3 of 6 , Jun 1, 2008
          Dale wrote:

          > I'll be in your state in about three weeks visiting the Grand Canyon
          > with driving trips ranging
          > between Williams and Sedona.
          >
          > I have a Pro95 scanner and use Don Starr's Win95 to interface, and
          > another group I belong to
          > here on Yahoo has quite a few files for many areas of the country. I
          > got one there for
          > Phoenix, Tempe, etc.
          >
          > I was wondering if anyone can answer a couple quesions. First of all,
          > I see you have p96 files
          > which I assume are for a similar software but they do not work with my
          > software and set up.
          > Anyone know where I can find some files for the northern part of AZ?
          >
          > Second, if I were to monitor the freqs I have for Phoenix area from up
          > in the Flagstaff area,
          > would I have any success?
          >
          > Finally, I like to mnitor amateur radio as well as public safety. Any
          > of you do that and any
          > recommendations on active repeaters that can be picked up in the
          > northern part of the state?
          >
          > Many thanks in advance and 73
          > Dale KG6RPO
          > Torrance CA

          A lot of stuff in the Phoenix area is digital now and that's why you see
          the P96 files. They go to the Pro-96.

          I seriously doubt that you'd hear any Phoenix traffic from Flagstaff.
          It's just too far away (more than 100 miles).

          --
          Jon M. Hanson (N7ZVJ)
          Homepage: http://the-hansons-az.net

        • Mike Lanning
          Message 4 of 6 , Jun 1, 2008
            A lot of the Freqs that are used in Phoenix are in use in Northern AZ, but
            are northern AZ agencies not Phoenix,

            Mike

            On 6/1/08, Jon M. Hanson <jon@...> wrote:

            > Dale wrote:
            > >
            > > I'll be in your state in about three weeks visiting the Grand Canyon
            > > with driving trips ranging
            > > between Williams and Sedona.
            > >
            > > I have a Pro95 scanner and use Don Starr's Win95 to interface, and
            > > another group I belong to
            > > here on Yahoo has quite a few files for many areas of the country. I
            > > got one there for
            > > Phoenix, Tempe, etc.
            > >
            > > I was wondering if anyone can answer a couple quesions. First of all,
            > > I see you have p96 files
            > > which I assume are for a similar software but they do not work with my
            > > software and set up.
            > > Anyone know where I can find some files for the northern part of AZ?
            > >
            > > Second, if I were to monitor the freqs I have for Phoenix area from up
            > > in the Flagstaff area,
            > > would I have any success?
            > >
            > > Finally, I like to mnitor amateur radio as well as public safety. Any
            > > of you do that and any
            > > recommendations on active repeaters that can be picked up in the
            > > northern part of the state?
            > >
            > > Many thanks in advance and 73
            > > Dale KG6RPO
            > > Torrance CA
            > >

            > A lot of stuff in the Phoenix area is digital now and that's why you see
            > the P96 files. They go to the Pro-96.
            >
            > I seriously doubt that you'd hear any Phoenix traffic from Flagstaff.
            > It's just too far away (more than 100 miles).
            >
            > --
            > Jon M. Hanson (N7ZVJ)
            > Homepage: http://the-hansons-az.net
            > Weblog: http://the-hansons-az.net/wordpress
            > Jabber IM: jon@... <jon%40the-hansons-az.net>

          • Dale Turkle KG6RPO
            Message 5 of 6 , Jun 3, 2008
              thanks to all for your help. I found a good number of repeaters in
              Northern AZ with a little more digging and your info. I am also now
              seeing that there's a lot of APCO and digital going on there. The
              APCO/Skynet etc craze hasn't made its way to oCal yet so we aren't
              all set up for that.

              But I have a scanner and Yaeseu and there's plenty of other things to
              monitor in Williams and Flagstaff, I see now. So see and hear from
              you all soon!

              Dale
              KG6RPO
            • Mark West
              Message 6 of 6 , Jun 11, 2008
                Morning,

                You're going to need the following counties; Mohave, Yavapai, and Coconino
                for I40 from the California Line to Flagstaff. All of these, including
                national forest stuff and park stuff are on RadioReference.com . I am not an
                active ham much these days so can't help you on the repeater info.

                Mark