State Land and Flight Following

  • John
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 1, 2008
      Way back in 2005 there was a thread about the newly discovered (back
      then) use for 154.935 as a statewide flight following freq. It appears
      to be pretty active this season with more than "flight following"
      traffic (as you hear on the Fed freqs), including daily fire WX
      forecasts and air resources dispatch traffic.

      Does anyone know what the State calls this channel officially and what
      its official use is?

      Regards,
      John
      radioprescott
    • 4021
      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 1, 2008
        I thought this was the old DPS freq used in Maricopa County, maybe I'm
        wrong, freq sounds familiar though.

        Ron

        Message 3 of 4 , Apr 1, 2008
          154.935 is just a state Tac freq that anyone can use, I have heard DPS and
          Game & Fish on it as well as State Land, & State Parks for their LEO Rangers
          (I have a friend who is a LEO at Lost Dutchman in Apache Junction and they
          use this freq to talk to DPS dispatch when running plates etc. )

          Mike

          On 4/1/08, 4021 <4021@...> wrote:

          > I thought this was the old DPS freq used in Maricopa County, maybe I'm
          > wrong, freq sounds familiar though.
          >
          > Ron

        • Walter Howard
          Message 4 of 4 , Apr 2, 2008
            Sorry guys.

            That *WAS* 1/2 of the old 'VHF State' channel.

            It was a relic from when the Highway Patrol was on Hi-Band.

            We gave it to State Land/Fire Division for flight following about 3 years
            ago.
            If they're using it for other purposes, well, they own it.

            The other 1/2 is being used as the input to the 155.475 AIRS channel.

            Nobody used it for running plates, etc, for well over 5 years prior.

            Walter