Mil Air

  • aar9sm
    Message 1 of 10 , Feb 1, 2008
      Alley cat and Cougar 11 up on 271.00 AM doing com checks and looking for
      dead spots any ideal who they belong to? Navy??

      Mike

      Arizona

    • ftlaud_dj
      Message 2 of 10 , Feb 1, 2008
        As for who these guys are is really hard to determine, the references
        that I found for Cougar come back to an F15 squadron the 494th Fighter
        Squadron, however there are other references to Cougar on file. There
        are no hard references for Alley Cat that I was able to narrow it down to.

        271.0 is a common Combat Air Patrol freq.

        Hope this helps.

        --- In ArizonaScanner@yahoogroups.com, "aar9sm" <aar9sm@...> wrote:

        > Alley cat and Cougar 11 up on 271.00 AM doing com checks and looking for
        > dead spots any ideal who they belong to? Navy??
        >

        > Mike
        >
        > Arizona

      • gemcohauler
        Message 3 of 10 , Feb 1, 2008
          I have heard "Alleycat" on those Red Flag audio files online. I
          believe it is an EC-130 out of D-M
        • flanousa
          Message 4 of 10 , Feb 2, 2008
            Mike,

            They are USAF and USAF/ANG.

            Alley Cat = JSTARS Aircraft

            COUGAR = 162nd FW F-16
            (Training Callsign for Combat Air Patrols)

            John
            SE of Tucson

            --- In ArizonaScanner@yahoogroups.com, "aar9sm" <aar9sm@...> wrote:

            > Alley cat and Cougar 11 up on 271.00 AM doing com checks and
            looking for
            > dead spots any ideal who they belong to? Navy??
            >

            > Mike
            >
            > Arizona
          • flanousa
            Message 5 of 10 , Feb 2, 2008
              Sorry, should have added this before I sent the response...

              Remember the emails about the ANG show of force scheduled for Friday,
              that's probably what you heard.

              On Game day, the callsign COUGAR should change to BLUTO.

              John
              SE of Tucson

              --- In ArizonaScanner@yahoogroups.com, "flanousa" <flano@...> wrote:

              > Mike,
              >
              > They are USAF and USAF/ANG.
              >
              > Alley Cat = JSTARS Aircraft
              >
              > COUGAR = 162nd FW F-16
              > (Training Callsign for Combat Air Patrols)
              >
              > John
              > SE of Tucson
              >
              > --- In ArizonaScanner@yahoogroups.com, "aar9sm" <aar9sm@> wrote:
              > >
              > > Alley cat and Cougar 11 up on 271.00 AM doing com checks and
              > looking for
              > > dead spots any ideal who they belong to? Navy??
              > >

              > > Mike
              > >
              > > Arizona

            • AAR9SM AAR9SM
              Message 6 of 10 , Feb 2, 2008
                John,

                Thank you for the info. I have not heard these call signs in the past andi listen everyday. Iguess the radio is on not the ears:)

                73
                MikeAAR9SM

                To: ArizonaScanner@yahoogroups.comFrom: flano@...: Sat, 2 Feb 2008 16:51:46 +0000Subject: [ArizonaScanner.com] Re: Mil Air

                Sorry, should have added this before I sent the response...Remember the emails about the ANG show of force scheduled for Friday, that's probably what you heard.On Game day, the callsign COUGAR should change to BLUTO.JohnSE of Tucson--- In ArizonaScanner@yahoogroups.com, "flanousa" <flano@...> wrote:>> Mike,> > They are USAF and USAF/ANG.> > Alley Cat = JSTARS Aircraft> > COUGAR = 162nd FW F-16 > (Training Callsign for Combat Air Patrols)> > John> SE of Tucson> > --- In ArizonaScanner@yahoogroups.com, "aar9sm" <aar9sm@> wrote:> >> > Alley cat and Cougar 11 up on 271.00 AM doing com checks and > looking for> > dead spots any ideal who they belong to? Navy??> > > > > > > > Mike> > > > Arizona>

                Message 7 of 10 , Feb 3, 2008
                  So far it looks like we have the following "Omaha" aircraft:

                  320
                  75Charlie
                  62Mike
                  2Papa Charlie
                  558

                  Michael Hamann // ICP737

                  On 2/2/08, AAR9SM AAR9SM <aar9sm@...> wrote:

                  > John,
                  >
                  > Thank you for the info. I have not heard these call signs in the past andi
                  > listen everyday. Iguess the radio is on not the ears:)
                  >
                  > 73
                  > MikeAAR9SM
                  >
                  > To: ArizonaScanner@yahoogroups.comFrom<ArizonaScanner%40yahoogroups.comFrom>:
                  > flano@... <flano%40mindspring.comDate>: Sat, 2 Feb 2008
                  > 16:51:46 +0000Subject: [ArizonaScanner.com] Re: Mil Air
                  >
                  > Sorry, should have added this before I sent the response...Remember the
                  > emails about the ANG show of force scheduled for Friday, that's probably
                  > what you heard.On Game day, the callsign COUGAR should change to
                  > BLUTO.JohnSE of Tucson--- In ArizonaScanner@yahoogroups.com<ArizonaScanner%40yahoogroups.com>,
                  > "flanousa" <flano@...> wrote:>> Mike,> > They are USAF and USAF/ANG.> >
                  > Alley Cat = JSTARS Aircraft> > COUGAR = 162nd FW F-16 > (Training Callsign
                  > for Combat Air Patrols)> > John> SE of Tucson> > --- In
                  > ArizonaScanner@yahoogroups.com <ArizonaScanner%40yahoogroups.com>,
                  > "aar9sm" <aar9sm@> wrote:> >> > Alley cat and Cougar 11 up on 271.00 AM
                  > doing com checks and > looking for> > dead spots any ideal who they belong
                  > to? Navy??> > > > > > > > Mike> > > > Arizona>

                • flanousa
                  Message 8 of 10 , Feb 3, 2008
                    Yep, that's what I've heard.

                    I'm listening via the DXTUNER.com to a radio that someone is tuning
                    in on 271 and 163.2375mhz. Very cool to hear the activity from my
                    shop downtown Tucson as if I was there :)

                    Somebody is not going to have a good day today as he was forced to
                    land :)

                    John
                    SE of Tucson

                    --- In ArizonaScanner@yahoogroups.com, "Michael Hamann"
                    <jmichaelhamann@...> wrote:

                    > So far it looks like we have the following "Omaha" aircraft:
                    >
                    > 320
                    > 75Charlie
                    > 62Mike
                    > 2Papa Charlie
                    > 558
                    >

                    > Michael Hamann // ICP737
                    >

                    > On 2/2/08, AAR9SM AAR9SM <aar9sm@...> wrote:
                    > >

                    > > John,
                    > >
                    > > Thank you for the info. I have not heard these call signs in the
                    past andi
                    > > listen everyday. Iguess the radio is on not the ears:)
                    > >
                    > > 73
                    > > MikeAAR9SM
                    > >
                    > > To: ArizonaScanner@...<ArizonaScanner%40yahoogroups.comFrom>:
                    > > flano@... <flano%40mindspring.comDate>: Sat, 2 Feb 2008
                    > > 16:51:46 +0000Subject: [ArizonaScanner.com] Re: Mil Air
                    > >
                    > > Sorry, should have added this before I sent the
                    response...Remember the
                    > > emails about the ANG show of force scheduled for Friday, that's
                    probably
                    > > what you heard.On Game day, the callsign COUGAR should change to
                    > > BLUTO.JohnSE of Tucson--- In
                    ArizonaScanner@yahoogroups.com<ArizonaScanner%40yahoogroups.com>,
                    > > "flanousa" <flano@> wrote:>> Mike,> > They are USAF and
                    USAF/ANG.> >
                    > > Alley Cat = JSTARS Aircraft> > COUGAR = 162nd FW F-16 > (Training
                    Callsign
                    > > for Combat Air Patrols)> > John> SE of Tucson> > --- In
                    > > ArizonaScanner@yahoogroups.com <ArizonaScanner%40yahoogroups.com>,
                    > > "aar9sm" <aar9sm@> wrote:> >> > Alley cat and Cougar 11 up on
                    271.00 AM
                    > > doing com checks and > looking for> > dead spots any ideal who
                    they belong
                    > > to? Navy??> > > > > > > > Mike> > > > Arizona>

                  • AAR9SM AAR9SM
                    Message 9 of 10 , Apr 20, 2008
                      Anyone know who is working 139.800 Am today?AAR9SM