Re: [ArizonaScanner.com] War Games/Arizona

  • gemcohauler
    Message 1 of 8 , Sep 2, 2007
      They have places on the road to Ajo where you can watch some of that
      bombing. A friend and I happend to catch three A-10s making strafing
      runs and bombing targets. We didnt even plan on it, but heard a signal
      so loud and clear we pulled over.

      It appeared they landed at the Gila Bend Auxilary Airfield when they
      were done.
    • John H. Guetherman
      Message 2 of 8 , Sep 3, 2007
        --- In ArizonaScanner@yahoogroups.com, "gemcohauler"
        <karldahlquist@...> wrote:

        > They have places on the road to Ajo where you can watch some of
        that bombing. A friend and I happend to catch three A-10s making
        strafing runs and bombing targets. We didnt even plan on it, but
        heard a signal so loud and clear we pulled over.

        > It appeared they landed at the Gila Bend Auxilary Airfield when
        they were done.

        Curious if they do training for "calling" CAS, or TAC in general,
        down there. (Close Air Support/Tactical Air Control)

        Has anyone monitored USAF Combat Control Teams, or Enlisted Terminal
        Attack Controllers/Tactical Air Control Parties? Or the Army or
        Marine equivalent? That'd be interesting to listen to. One of the
        main schools for ETAC/TACP, the Joint Firepower Course, is at Nellis,
        but I wonder if they ever use the Goldwater range, just because it is
        fairly close in proximity?

        http://www.afa.org/magazine/Sept2003/0903controller.html

        I've got 11 more links regarding the two specialties if anyone wants
        them. Email off-list.

        John
        Peoria