School Bus Frequencies

  • John Timmons
    Message 1 of 16 , Mar 1, 2007
      As an educator, I enjoy listening to the school bus commications in
      my district, but would also like to monitor bus traffic in other area
      districts, as well. I previously posted this same query many, many
      months ago with no productive responses. So, once again, does anyone
      have the correct, active frequencies for the following school districts:

      Chandler Unified
      Casa Grande Union High School
      Maricopa Unified
      Kyrene

      Thank you in advance for any replies.

      John N7LQR
    • Tom Humes
      Message 2 of 16 , Mar 1, 2007
        Chandler 154.515, 154.54, 154.45, 154.6, 461.55, 464.475, 464.85, 464.925
        Kyrene 151.745, 155.175
        Maricopa 461.0625, 462.0375
        Casa Grande 46.0, 46.04, 151.835, 938.025

        Message 3 of 16 , Mar 1, 2007
          Do you have Mesa's or know where I could look to find them? My husband and
          oldest son are both School Bus drivers, and I never thought of this..
          Sandi
          http://www.aol.com

        • Dean
          Message 4 of 16 , Mar 1, 2007
            Anyone know Gilbert's too ?

            DEAN

            <BR><BR><BR>**************************************<BR>
            > AOL now offers free
            > email to everyone. Find out more about what's free
            > from AOL at
            > http://www.aol.com

            > removed]

            Don't pick lemons.
            See all the new 2007 cars at Yahoo! Autos.
            http://autos.yahoo.com/new_cars.html
          • Tom Humes

              Message 6 of 16 , Mar 2, 2007
                462.65, 155.205, 155.3475, 150.815, 150.845, 150.86, 154.445, 155.22

                Dean <dean103@...> wrote: Anyone know Gilbert's too ?

                DEAN

                <BR><BR><BR>**************************************<BR>

                Message 7 of 16 , Apr 28, 2008
                  As an educator and scanner enthusiast, I am asking once again for
                  school bus frequencies for the following three districts. Please do
                  not refer me to the SWFD which I have and is not correct. I need
                  someone who actually monitors these frequencies to provide the
                  corrrect frequency information.
                  Though most scanner enthusiasts undoubtedly consider school bus
                  radio traffic as mundane and perhaps boring, there is some
                  interesting traffic from time to time.

                  Maricopa Unified School District
                  Kyrene School District
                  Casa Grande Unified School District (District may still be
                  contracted with Laidlaw )

                  Thanks in advance to anyone who may know the correct, actual
                  frequencies used by these Districts.

                  John
                  Maricopa, AZ
                • Steven Isoldi
                  Message 8 of 16 , Apr 29, 2008
                    I've heard these and did some basic research for the ID...

                    155.265 Gilbert
                    155.175 Gilbert
                    155.205 Gilbert
                    154.525 Location of Rural & Knox
                    173.325 Busses down in Pinal or Maricopa, Indian?

                    73

                    Steve K2AUX

                    --- In ArizonaScanner@yahoogroups.com, "John Timmons"
                    <mayberry85239@...> wrote:

                    > As an educator and scanner enthusiast, I am asking once again
                    for
                    > school bus frequencies for the following three districts. Please do
                    > not refer me to the SWFD which I have and is not correct. I need
                    > someone who actually monitors these frequencies to provide the
                    > corrrect frequency information.
                    > Though most scanner enthusiasts undoubtedly consider school bus
                    > radio traffic as mundane and perhaps boring, there is some
                    > interesting traffic from time to time.
                    >
                    > Maricopa Unified School District
                    > Kyrene School District
                    > Casa Grande Unified School District (District may still be
                    > contracted with Laidlaw )
                    >
                    > Thanks in advance to anyone who may know the correct, actual
                    > frequencies used by these Districts.
                    >

                    > John
                    > Maricopa, AZ

                  • Walter Howard
                    Message 9 of 16 , Apr 29, 2008
                      The only FCC license for Maricopa School District is for some 72 MHz freqs,
                      which are usually used for links.

                      For the Kyrene School District, they have licenses on 151.745 and 155.175.

                      Casa Crande has a license on 46.04

                      Laidlaw has an expired license on 937.7500 and 937.9875

                      Walter

                      On 4/28/08, John Timmons <mayberry85239@...> wrote:

                      > As an educator and scanner enthusiast, I am asking once again for
                      > school bus frequencies for the following three districts. Please do
                      > not refer me to the SWFD which I have and is not correct. I need
                      > someone who actually monitors these frequencies to provide the
                      > corrrect frequency information.
                      > Though most scanner enthusiasts undoubtedly consider school bus
                      > radio traffic as mundane and perhaps boring, there is some
                      > interesting traffic from time to time.
                      >
                      > Maricopa Unified School District
                      > Kyrene School District
                      > Casa Grande Unified School District (District may still be
                      > contracted with Laidlaw )
                      >
                      > Thanks in advance to anyone who may know the correct, actual
                      > frequencies used by these Districts.
                      >

                      > John
                      > Maricopa, AZ

                    • nogi_boy
                      Message 10 of 16 , Apr 29, 2008
                        In my area, school bus service is contracted out, therefore, the bus company is licensed and not the school district.

                        nogi_boy

                        > The only FCC license for Maricopa School District is for
                        > some 72 MHz freqs,
                        > which are usually used for links.
                        >
                        > For the Kyrene School District, they have licenses on
                        > 151.745 and 155.175.
                        >
                        > Casa Crande has a license on 46.04
                        >
                        > Laidlaw has an expired license on 937.7500 and 937.9875
                        >
                        > Walter
                        >

                        > On 4/28/08, John Timmons <mayberry85239@...>
                        > wrote:
                        > >

                        > > As an educator and scanner enthusiast, I am asking
                        > once again for
                        > > school bus frequencies for the following three
                        > districts. Please do
                        > > not refer me to the SWFD which I have and is not
                        > correct. I need
                        > > someone who actually monitors these frequencies to
                        > provide the
                        > > corrrect frequency information.
                        > > Though most scanner enthusiasts undoubtedly consider
                        > school bus
                        > > radio traffic as mundane and perhaps boring, there is
                        > some
                        > > interesting traffic from time to time.
                        > >
                        > > Maricopa Unified School District
                        > > Kyrene School District
                        > > Casa Grande Unified School District (District may
                        > still be
                        > > contracted with
                        > Laidlaw )
                        > >
                        > > Thanks in advance to anyone who may know the
                        > correct, actual
                        > > frequencies used by these Districts.
                        > >

                        > > John
                        > > Maricopa, AZ

                        Be a better friend, newshound, and
                      • freqofnature_tracy
                        Message 11 of 16 , Apr 29, 2008
                          Hello John,

                          You are welcome to copy off my homework (my personal radio frequency logs).

                          http://freqofnature.net:8080/rf/index.php

                          From a quick search of my homework I found the following.

                          GILBERT USD - TRANSPORTATION
                          150.8150
                          150.8450
                          150.8600

                          KYRENE USD
                          151.7450
                          155.1750

                          LAIDLAW (ARIZONA)
                          452.8500
                          461.0750
                          937.9750
                          937.9875

                          I'm sure you know all too well as an educator, small school districts have very small
                          budgets so don't overlook the common businesses frequencies.

                          http://www.freqofnature.com/mwiki/index.php?title=Business_Radio_Frequencies

                          It would much appreciated if you could return the favor by letting us know what you find.

                          Take care and don't forget to hand in your homework on time. Extra credit for PL tones,

                          Tracy
                          www.freqofnature.com

                          --- In ArizonaScanner@yahoogroups.com, "John Timmons" <mayberry85239@...> wrote:

                          > As an educator and scanner enthusiast, I am asking once again for
                          > school bus frequencies for the following three districts. Please do
                          > not refer me to the SWFD which I have and is not correct. I need
                          > someone who actually monitors these frequencies to provide the
                          > corrrect frequency information.
                          > Though most scanner enthusiasts undoubtedly consider school bus
                          > radio traffic as mundane and perhaps boring, there is some
                          > interesting traffic from time to time.
                          >
                          > Maricopa Unified School District
                          > Kyrene School District
                          > Casa Grande Unified School District (District may still be
                          > contracted with Laidlaw )
                          >
                          > Thanks in advance to anyone who may know the correct, actual
                          > frequencies used by these Districts.
                          >

                          > John
                          > Maricopa, AZ

                        • freqofnature_tracy
                          Message 12 of 16 , Apr 29, 2008
                            P.S. You might want pay special attention to the business frequencies I have listed under 'TAXI RADIO SERVICE' as the Entity in my radio frequency log for your search because they
                            are standard channels pre-programmed into off-the-shelf transportation use radios.

                            Tracy
                            www.freqofnature.com

                            --- In ArizonaScanner@yahoogroups.com, "freqofnature_tracy" <yahoo@...> wrote:

                            > Hello John,
                            >
                            > You are welcome to copy off my homework (my personal radio frequency logs).
                            >
                            > http://freqofnature.net:8080/rf/index.php
                            >
                            > From a quick search of my homework I found the following.
                            >
                            > GILBERT USD - TRANSPORTATION
                            > 150.8150
                            > 150.8450
                            > 150.8600
                            >
                            > KYRENE USD
                            > 151.7450
                            > 155.1750
                            >
                            > LAIDLAW (ARIZONA)
                            > 452.8500
                            > 461.0750
                            > 937.9750
                            > 937.9875
                            >
                            > I'm sure you know all too well as an educator, small school districts have very small
                            > budgets so don't overlook the common businesses frequencies.
                            >
                            > http://www.freqofnature.com/mwiki/index.php?title=Business_Radio_Frequencies
                            >
                            > It would much appreciated if you could return the favor by letting us know what you
                            find.

                            > Take care and don't forget to hand in your homework on time. Extra credit for PL tones,
                            >
                            > Tracy
                            > www.freqofnature.com
                          • wb8vlc
                            Message 13 of 16 , Apr 30, 2008
                              Since there seem to be a lot of responses to this I guess I'll post
                              one from up North.

                              PUSD, Prescott Unified School District: 173.225MHz using a DCS of 364

                              Mike

                              <yahoo@...> wrote:

                              > P.S. You might want pay special attention to the business
                              frequencies I have listed under 'TAXI RADIO SERVICE' as the Entity in
                              my radio frequency log for your search because they
                              > are standard channels pre-programmed into off-the-shelf
                              transportation use radios.

                              > Tracy
                              > www.freqofnature.com
                              >

                              > --- In ArizonaScanner@yahoogroups.com, "freqofnature_tracy" <yahoo@>
                              wrote:

                              > > Hello John,
                              > >
                              > > You are welcome to copy off my homework (my personal radio
                              frequency logs).

                              > > http://freqofnature.net:8080/rf/index.php
                              > >
                              > > From a quick search of my homework I found the following.
                              > >
                              > > GILBERT USD - TRANSPORTATION
                              > > 150.8150
                              > > 150.8450
                              > > 150.8600
                              > >
                              > > KYRENE USD
                              > > 151.7450
                              > > 155.1750
                              > >
                              > > LAIDLAW (ARIZONA)
                              > > 452.8500
                              > > 461.0750
                              > > 937.9750
                              > > 937.9875
                              > >
                              > > I'm sure you know all too well as an educator, small school
                              districts have very small
                              > > budgets so don't overlook the common businesses frequencies.

                              http://www.freqofnature.com/mwiki/index.php?title=Business_Radio_Frequencies

                              > > It would much appreciated if you could return the favor by letting
                              us know what you
                              > find.
                              > >
                              > > Take care and don't forget to hand in your homework on time. Extra
                              credit for PL tones,

                              > > Tracy
                              > > www.freqofnature.com

                            • Walter Howard
                              Message 14 of 16 , Apr 30, 2008
                                That frequency is actually a community repeater, owned by Randy Powers, and
                                is on Towers Mountain.

                                Walter.

                                On 4/30/08, wb8vlc <mike.may@...> wrote:

                                > Since there seem to be a lot of responses to this I guess I'll post
                                > one from up North.
                                >
                                > PUSD, Prescott Unified School District: 173.225MHz using a DCS of 364
                                >

                                > Mike
                                >
                                > --- In ArizonaScanner@yahoogroups.com, "freqofnature_tracy"
                                > <yahoo@...> wrote:
                                > >
                                > > P.S. You might want pay special attention to the business
                                > frequencies I have listed under 'TAXI RADIO SERVICE' as the Entity in
                                > my radio frequency log for your search because they
                                > > are standard channels pre-programmed into off-the-shelf
                                > transportation use radios.
                                > >
                                > > Tracy
                                > > www.freqofnature.com
                                > >

                                > > --- In ArizonaScanner@yahoogroups.com, "freqofnature_tracy" <yahoo@>
                                > wrote:
                                > > >
                                > > > Hello John,
                                > > >
                                > > > You are welcome to copy off my homework (my personal radio
                                > frequency logs).
                                > > >
                                > > > http://freqofnature.net:8080/rf/index.php
                                > > >
                                > > > From a quick search of my homework I found the following.
                                > > >
                                > > > GILBERT USD - TRANSPORTATION
                                > > > 150.8150
                                > > > 150.8450
                                > > > 150.8600
                                > > >
                                > > > KYRENE USD
                                > > > 151.7450
                                > > > 155.1750
                                > > >
                                > > > LAIDLAW (ARIZONA)
                                > > > 452.8500
                                > > > 461.0750
                                > > > 937.9750
                                > > > 937.9875
                                > > >
                                > > > I'm sure you know all too well as an educator, small school
                                > districts have very small
                                > > > budgets so don't overlook the common businesses frequencies.
                                > > >

                                > http://www.freqofnature.com/mwiki/index.php?title=Business_Radio_Frequencies
                                > > >
                                > > > It would much appreciated if you could return the favor by letting
                                > us know what you
                                > > find.
                                > > >
                                > > > Take care and don't forget to hand in your homework on time. Extra
                                > credit for PL tones,
                                > > >
                                > > > Tracy
                                > > > www.freqofnature.com

                              • wb8vlc
                                Message 15 of 16 , May 3, 2008
                                  Walter,

                                  This one is used locally for Prescott schools only, the Towers
                                  Repeater doesn't cover anywhere in Prescott.

                                  Mike

                                  --- In ArizonaScanner@yahoogroups.com, "Walter Howard"
                                  <walter.howard.jr@...> wrote:

                                  > That frequency is actually a community repeater, owned by Randy
                                  Powers, and
                                  > is on Towers Mountain.
                                  >
                                  > Walter.
                                  >

                                  > On 4/30/08, wb8vlc <mike.may@...> wrote:
                                  > >
                                  > > Since there seem to be a lot of responses to this I guess I'll post
                                  > > one from up North.
                                  > >
                                  > > PUSD, Prescott Unified School District: 173.225MHz using a DCS of 364
                                  > >

                                  > > Mike
                                  > >
                                  > > --- In ArizonaScanner@yahoogroups.com, "freqofnature_tracy"
                                  > > <yahoo@> wrote:
                                  > > >
                                  > > > P.S. You might want pay special attention to the business
                                  > > frequencies I have listed under 'TAXI RADIO SERVICE' as the Entity in
                                  > > my radio frequency log for your search because they
                                  > > > are standard channels pre-programmed into off-the-shelf
                                  > > transportation use radios.
                                  > > >
                                  > > > Tracy
                                  > > > www.freqofnature.com
                                  > > >

                                  > > > --- In ArizonaScanner@yahoogroups.com, "freqofnature_tracy" <yahoo@>

                                  > > frequency logs).

                                  > > districts have very small

                                  http://www.freqofnature.com/mwiki/index.php?title=Business_Radio_Frequencies

                                  > > us know what you
                                  > > > find.

                                  > > credit for PL tones,

                                • John Timmons
                                  Message 16 of 16 , May 3, 2008
                                    Thank you Steven, Howard, and Tracy for your input and
                                    frequencies you provided me regarding my query on school bus
                                    frequencies for the Maricopa, Kyrene and Casa Grande School
                                    Districts. I have not had much time to adequatelt monitor the
                                    frequencies for traffic, but in the limited time I have monitored, I
                                    have heard the following on the frequencies listed below.

                                    155.1750: I definitely hear a moderate amount of school related
                                    communication s on this frequency, however, from my travels to and
                                    from work across northern Pinal County, the signals are weak and
                                    break badly.

                                    461.075: I have heard no traffic on this repeater, however, when
                                    the coded identifier transmits, the repeater is full scale on my
                                    scanner. The repeater transmits a very brief, quick signal
                                    approximately every 60 seconds, the purpose of which I do not know.

                                    937.9875: I have not hear Laidlow Bus Lines on this frequency,
                                    however, I did briefly hear some type of communications involving a
                                    large truck. This frequency also seems to have annoying data
                                    transmissions on it, as well.

                                    I will continue to monitor all the frequencies you noted to
                                    provide adequate time to possibly hear any school bus
                                    communications. I am more than happy to share with you any
                                    discovered communications that I may hear. Thanks, again.

                                    John
                                    Maricopa, AZ